PDA

View Full Version : Hound Archon Ideas

vhfforever
2011-10-19, 06:47 PM
So, soon I will begin play in a gestalt game and I've decided to run the first 11 levels of one side as a Hound Archon as presented in Savage Species with updates as for conversion to 3.5 (the other player is a lesser Aaismar eventual Chosen of Sune Cleric/Bard/Etc) to complete a 'Celestials out to do good things' feel for the group.

I know I want to play a melee-centric set of classes, and was thinking about aiming toward Ranger (for synergy with the Hound Archon's class-skills), and at least balancing levels of full-BAB progression so that I still have +11 BAB by the time I have finished with the Hound Archon monster-class levels.

Part of me wants to go into Horizon Walker for 6 levels to render him immune to Blasphemy spells via Planar Terrain Mastery (the standard ones will be Desert and then skill boosts [Forest, Hills, Marsh, Plains]), but this is all just an off-hand desire to circumvent the sub-types. I was curious if there were any other ideas out there for the first 11 levels of this progression?

Stats are 17, 16, 15, 14, 12, 12 before modifiers
Hound Archons start with +2 Str and Wis, then gain +2 to Con at second level, their final adjustments are +4, +0, +2, +0, +2, +2

I'm not looking to break the game, but just to have fun with a melee-centric non-ToB character (my last long running PC was a Warblade/Swordsage and while I think Crusader would be thematically perfect, I'm not really of the desire to play one at the moment).

And thanks ahead of time for the ideas, and all the suggestions!