PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Ryclend Deephold OOC



Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Daryk
2012-09-16, 04:06 PM
Thanks, just making sure.

Gryndel
2012-09-20, 01:48 PM
Need initiative for Halad

Daryk
2012-09-20, 03:41 PM
Sorry about that...
Initiative: [roll0]

Daryk
2012-09-21, 05:38 PM
Halad would like to see what the goblin does before picking his target. Any goblins that come into the passageway have first priority. If none do so, he'll fire around the corner at the giant (i.e. while taking cover).

Gryndel
2012-09-22, 12:33 PM
Halad would like to see what the goblin does before picking his target. Any goblins that come into the passageway have first priority. If none do so, he'll fire around the corner at the giant (i.e. while taking cover).

From his position he could spot at least 2 goblins inside the room. He could target one or both, though they'd have minor concealment (20% miss chance) while in the room.

Daryk
2012-09-22, 03:49 PM
Does that mean Halad has 20% cover from them? Or does he have an option for full cover (i.e. up against the wall in the passageway)? Carn's idea as I understood it was to draw them into the corridor.

Daryk
2012-09-22, 04:46 PM
Darn double post... the server errored out on me.

Daryk
2012-09-22, 10:24 PM
OK, with the switch in plans, Halad will have Ryn heel in full cover from the goblins and the giant while he snipes around the corner at the giant.

Gryndel
2012-09-23, 02:08 AM
Does that mean Halad has 20% cover from them? Or does he have an option for full cover (i.e. up against the wall in the passageway)? Carn's idea as I understood it was to draw them into the corridor.

Oh yes, what comes around goes around, fair for all. :smallbiggrin:

Where he is on map now gives him partial cover (20%).

full cover would be gained from around a corner of 90 degrees (or more).

As for Carn's idea, unfortunately the enemy doesn't always cooperate with even the best plans.

white rider
2012-09-23, 07:51 AM
So long as I can reach em, I'm good. Pity that I can't flank, though.

Grodech
2012-09-23, 01:00 PM
Yeah, most of them appear to have ranged weapons, so they're not likely to spill into the hallway - and the giants pretty much are hampered if they move into the hall as well.

Grodech
2012-09-23, 07:20 PM
Weird - my other post won't show up...

At least not until I added this one.

Daryk
2012-09-24, 03:31 AM
It's happened to me before, too. Basically, your post was between pages. I was able to read it by hitting "reply" and scrolling down.

Duskranger
2012-09-27, 12:53 PM
I hope to rejoin the game as soon as this fight is over. Ferdinand will reappear than. It's a bit sooner than expected (or at least I think it is), but I feel like I can do it again.

Gryndel
2012-09-28, 02:09 PM
I hope to rejoin the game as soon as this fight is over. Ferdinand will reappear than. It's a bit sooner than expected (or at least I think it is), but I feel like I can do it again.

He can come back any time, to the same spot where he left.

Duskranger
2012-09-28, 02:11 PM
He can come back any time, to the same spot where he left.

I will wait untill after this fight, unless the others will be very heavily pressed.

Gryndel
2012-09-29, 04:54 AM
Carn swings his swords at the goblin in the doorway, fire arcing through the air.
Attack 1:[roll0], [roll1] damage + [roll2] fire
Attack 2:[roll3], [roll4] damage + [roll5] fire
Attack 3:[roll6], [roll7] damage + [roll8] fire
Edit: Urgh, when am I gonna get to flank, for once!

Carn can't reach any of the goblins, he's in the hall and they're in the room. Until Rukesh kills, or otherwise moves, that first goblin its a stalemate.

Carn could move to the other room and try to flank around the bottom of the map, using the dead giant as cover. Not that I'm suggesting he do, its fairly dangerous in there, but he could double move (silently), then hide and be in position next round... just our luck if he does Rukesh will start slaughtering gobboes and open a path.

Grodech
2012-09-29, 02:54 PM
.. just our luck if he does Rukesh will start slaughtering gobboes and open a path.

Just need the dice roller to start cooperating...:smallfurious:

white rider
2012-09-29, 07:52 PM
Carn's square is diagonally adjacent to the square of the goblin in the doorway, so we both should be able to hit each other, but ok.

Gryndel
2012-09-30, 01:00 AM
Carn's square is diagonally adjacent to the square of the goblin in the doorway, so we both should be able to hit each other, but ok.

I see what you're saying, and I suppose by the rules as written you're correct. Just doesn't seem right somehow, or should include some penalty or concealment. But, we'll go with it for now to move things along and I'll look into it further.

Daryk
2012-09-30, 09:45 AM
Here's the relevant section from the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/combatModifiers.htm#cover):

"When making a melee attack against an adjacent target, your target has cover if any line from your square to the targetís square goes through a wall (including a low wall). When making a melee attack against a target that isnít adjacent to you (such as with a reach weapon), use the rules for determining cover from ranged attacks."

white rider
2012-09-30, 09:52 AM
Yeah, we both have cover against each other, but we can hit each other.

Gryndel
2012-09-30, 01:12 PM
So the benefit of cover is the +4 AC, as I read it.

white rider
2012-10-01, 04:57 PM
So the benefit of cover is the +4 AC, as I read it.

Yep. Completely correct.

Daryk
2012-10-10, 06:48 PM
I'm wondering what happened to Halad too... I posted, I know I did! Did the forums have a hiccup last night? I'll repost shortly.

Daryk
2012-10-11, 03:19 AM
Did Halad just miss a round of fire completely? Or do you want to shift that last set to the previous round?

Gryndel
2012-10-11, 03:51 AM
Did Halad just miss a round of fire completely? Or do you want to shift that last set to the previous round?

I'll check thru it tomorrow.

The gobboes go first each round, so I've been trying to post that then allow you guys to post your turn after. It might've gotten a little confusing, which is why it helps to put the rd # in your post with rolls (or results if you roll in the other thread).

EDIT Ah I see, same numbers for two rounds in a row. So it looks like Halad got skipped for rd 7.

Daryk
2012-10-14, 12:18 PM
At least Halad wasn't contributing much. Now we get to find out just what level that cleric is.

Duskranger
2012-10-14, 12:28 PM
Would it be cheating to let Ferdinand enter the battle at this moment?

It looks like they are a bit on the losing side and maybe could use reinforcements.

Gryndel
2012-10-14, 12:59 PM
Would it be cheating to let Ferdinand enter the battle at this moment?

It looks like they are a bit on the losing side and maybe could use reinforcements.

Indeed they are! He could come back this round. Roll initiative and I'll put him back on the map where he left for the next round.

Gryndel
2012-10-14, 01:01 PM
At least Halad wasn't contributing much. Now we get to find out just what level that cleric is.

Every round on your turn you get another save...full round action

EDIT You didn't add the +2 elf bonus vs enchantment magic, making it 15. That still failed, but be sure to add it in for subsequent rounds, including this one on your turn!

Duskranger
2012-10-14, 01:03 PM
Initiative for Ferdinand:

[roll0]

Gryndel
2012-10-14, 01:29 PM
Initiative for Ferdinand:

[roll0]

Yowzers, ok that means he would go before the goblins, the only one to do so! So to make the transition fair and posting easier for all, we'll delay him until 21. Go ahead and post your action for this rd (8) and I'll post him in.

Gryndel
2012-10-14, 01:31 PM
Craban

Perched on Ryn's broad back, Craban cocked his head to the side and croaked, "Master, you OK?"

Halad stood frozen, his bow half drawn.

"Master?" the raven repeated. Getting no response, he muttered "Oh, crap. Now what?"

Looking down at Ryn's head, he said, "OK girl, here's the deal. If anything comes at the Master, you get it, right?"

BTW where is cooshee listed? I can't seem to find it anywhere...:smalleek:

Duskranger
2012-10-14, 01:32 PM
What does c/r mean on the map?

@ Daryk:

If Ferdinand would shout at you and say that he could get you out, would Halad allow him to do that?

Gryndel
2012-10-14, 01:41 PM
that c/r is the cooshee and raven, animal friend and familiar of Halad

Duskranger
2012-10-14, 01:44 PM
that c/r is the cooshee and raven, animal friend and familiar of Halad

Was afraid of that, that means that the cleric is out of my range, that's why I woud like to be able to cast benign transposition on Halad to save him, but also to place myself in combat.

Gryndel
2012-10-14, 01:44 PM
What does c/r mean on the map?

@ Daryk:

If Ferdinand would shout at you and say that he could get you out, would Halad allow him to do that?

Right now he's on hold person, so he can't answer.

Buff up and get into battle!

Gryndel
2012-10-14, 01:45 PM
Was afraid of that, that means that the cleric is out of my range, that's why I woud like to be able to cast benign transposition on Halad to save him, but also to place myself in combat.

Ahh yes, if you move up I'd allow you to do it with Roderick, who would be willing (being NPCed right now until withdraw or die trying) and you'd be right in the middle of it.

Duskranger
2012-10-14, 01:46 PM
Right now he's on hold person, so he can't answer.

Buff up and get into battle!

I'm as buffed as I'll ever be, but he does not need to answer as long as his mind is willing :smallbiggrin:


Ahh yes, if you move up I'd allow you to do it with Roderick, who would be willing (being NPCed right now until withdraw or die trying) and you'd be right in the middle of it.

Need to check on the map, because I need line of sight for that to work.

Daryk
2012-10-14, 02:32 PM
Since I have several things to answer:

1) Roger on adding the +2 elven bonus vs. enchantment

2) 3.5E cooshee are listed in the back of Races of the Wild (pp. 189-190, listed as "Elven Hound").

3) If Halad were in any danger, he'd absolutely be willing. Last I checked though, he's relatively alone in the corridor (he wasn't in melee, just firing arrows).

Gryndel
2012-10-21, 01:54 PM
Since I have several things to answer:

1) Roger on adding the +2 elven bonus vs. enchantment

Every round on your turn you get another save...full round action, including this one (Rd 8) on your turn!

Daryk
2012-10-21, 03:30 PM
Sorry... were you waiting for me? I must have missed something...
Edit: Not that it made any difference... :smalleek:

Gryndel
2012-10-21, 03:35 PM
Sorry... were you waiting for me? I must have missed something...
Edit: Not that it made any difference... :smalleek:

Bummer, but the cooshee is moving in... and so is Ferdinand

Daryk
2012-10-21, 03:55 PM
Ryn's moving in? Is something attacking Halad?

Gryndel
2012-10-21, 04:04 PM
Ryn's moving in? Is something attacking Halad?

well he could be, Carn is prone and the mounted goblin is right there in the doorway...

Daryk
2012-10-21, 04:21 PM
Right, then! And Ryn's a she, not a he. Craban is a he.

Gryndel
2012-10-21, 04:23 PM
Right, then! And Ryn's a she, not a he. Craban is a he.

acchhh, sorry miss Ryn, cooSHEe not coosHEe!

Gryndel
2012-10-28, 10:44 AM
Waiting for Carn's post...:smallannoyed:

Daryk
2012-10-28, 10:52 AM
I'm just glad to know it's not me this time...

white rider
2012-10-28, 03:06 PM
:smalleek:
I thought I went!
Sorry!:smallredface:

Gryndel
2012-10-30, 11:43 AM
Sure.
gotta have a longer post

So roll back from the door (5' step), stand up (move action), and drink a potion (std action), since he's only 12 HP from zero right now...

CLW potion [roll0]

Not to run your PC, just taking advantage of all he can do with your turn.

Daryk
2012-10-31, 03:28 AM
It looks like we'll get to see what level that goblin priest is via the duration of the spell after all...:smallamused:

Gryndel
2012-10-31, 03:54 AM
It looks like we'll get to see what level that goblin priest is via the duration of the spell after all...:smallamused:

Yeah, though easy enough to guess, not that its helping Halad right now! :smallbiggrin:

Daryk
2012-11-07, 06:55 PM
Umm... I don't see the goblin's Hold Person on the list of active spells... does that mean it's over? :smallbiggrin:

Gryndel
2012-11-07, 07:08 PM
Umm... I don't see the goblin's Hold Person on the list of active spells... does that mean it's over? :smallbiggrin:

hahaha no, just forgot to list it there since its in the body each time, but I will!

Daryk
2012-11-07, 07:22 PM
I figured as much, but I had to try... :smallbiggrin:

Daryk
2012-11-09, 03:36 PM
Well, I guess the good news is I'm not taking -3 on my next few saving throws...:smallannoyed:

Gryndel
2012-11-21, 12:39 PM
Check this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14260825&postcount=1) out, if Star Wars Dark side interests you...

Gryndel
2012-12-11, 04:11 PM
hey guys, drastic life changes going on just now so I have only limited access to public computer. Not having access to my computer means some loss of info I had worked up, but we'll push on anyway, albeit a little slower most likely for a week or 3. But fear not, it won't be a lost cause!

Daryk
2012-12-11, 07:56 PM
Glad to hear you're still with us, Gryndel! Good luck getting your computer situation straightened out.

Gryndel
2012-12-12, 09:40 PM
Glad to hear you're still with us, Gryndel! Good luck getting your computer situation straightened out.

Well, its a little more than just my computer situation, but no need for gruesome details to appreciate the sentiment - THANKS!

Gryndel
2013-01-06, 10:06 AM
OK, back into the routine, should be able to post once a week or more now and get this game moving again. Please check the game thread and see if you posted since the last official DM post. If not please post something so I know you're still interested in playing. I really want to continue this game and have you guys explore not only the first level but the many, many levels below.

Daryk
2013-01-06, 10:59 AM
Welcome back!

I haven't posted since you acknowledged Carn's successful save, but I don't think Halad is due another saving throw yet.

Grodech
2013-01-06, 12:40 PM
Welcome back. Rukesh is already posted.

Duskranger
2013-01-06, 02:14 PM
Still interested though only having irregular internet screws with me. I will play as good as I can though. Best wishes to you all en happy to hear you are back Gryndel

Gryndel
2013-01-06, 10:29 PM
Post pending, tomorrow most likely, and thanks for your patience all! :smallbiggrin:

Duskranger
2013-01-07, 01:14 AM
Post pending, tomorrow most likely, and thanks for your patience all! :smallbiggrin:

If a game is good, I will play in it and wait for it. And frankly up to now the game is good. Only my own personal issues could keep me away from your game.

I think that it is your DM-ing that can be credited for this. Though slow at least this game is still alive.

Daryk
2013-01-07, 04:28 AM
I'm flying today, but should be back online tomorrow.

EDIT: And I'm back. Missing a bag, but it wasn't the one with my netbook... :smallamused:

Gryndel
2013-01-22, 08:35 AM
I apologize for this pre-emptively, but I have concluded that I don't have time to run this game in any fashion I would enjoy or respect. Perhaps sometime in the near future I'll have leisure time to spend gaming again, but for now I'm ending the game here.

Grodech
2013-01-22, 08:43 AM
Gah - right after I told Mithral∑Dragon you could get him in...

white rider
2013-01-22, 09:18 AM
Dammit.
ads

Daryk
2013-01-22, 08:09 PM
You'll be missed, Gryndel. I at least will be here when you have time again. Good luck with whatever is keeping you away for the time being.

Gryndel
2013-07-19, 07:08 AM
Well, it may be possible for me to eek out enough time to run a game again, so I'm posting to see who might be interested. This game concept, and this dungeon in particular, was set up to accommodate players coming and going as real life allows. I'd be open to allowing others to join as well, and if needed I'll even put up an ad to fill in the group.

I obtained a new computer (laptop) since the days of running this game, and some of the info is still on the old desktop. But if sufficient interest manifests, I can still transfer what's needed to this new device.

Happy gaming, here or elsewhere. :smallcool:

Duskranger
2013-07-19, 07:34 AM
Well, it may be possible for me to eek out enough time to run a game again, so I'm posting to see who might be interested. This game concept, and this dungeon in particular, was set up to accommodate players coming and going as real life allows. I'd be open to allowing others to join as well, and if needed I'll even put up an ad to fill in the group.

I obtained a new computer (laptop) since the days of running this game, and some of the info is still on the old desktop. But if sufficient interest manifests, I can still transfer what's needed to this new device.

Happy gaming, here or elsewhere. :smallcool:

Im game of this starts again

Grodech
2013-07-19, 07:37 AM
Absolutely count me in.

Gryndel
2013-07-19, 07:58 PM
Gah - right after I told Mithral∑Dragon you could get him in...
Is his screen name here the same as above? Maybe you could shoot him a PM and mention this, send him game & OOC links, and find out if he's still interested?

Daryk replied to a PM I sent and is interested too.

Sent one to White Rider too, but no response yet.

So, it looks like a go to me, at least 3, probably more to come. Tell your friends who might be interested and we'll see about adding more. I'll be reviewing things this weekend, and suggest you do the same. I'll most likely post something in the game thread by Sunday night or Monday, basically picking up where we left off.

Please post a link to your character here. This would also be your big chance to tweak your character if you want, or maybe even make a new one if you really want.

Gryndel
2013-07-19, 08:31 PM
Halad

Halad continued to struggle with the priests dark spell, and felt a new wave of malevolence wash over him.

DC 18 Will save vs. Hold Person: [roll0]
DC 21 Will save vs. new spell: [roll1]

OOC: BTW Is he adding +2 vs enchantment for elf on the save for Hold Person? If not, he saved this round on his turn. Also the Bless is still in effect... oops only counts vs fear effects

Gryndel
2013-07-19, 10:58 PM
So it looks like the characters all posted for the latest round, just need the answer to the previous question about Halad, sheet links, and I'm about ready to post the results for rd 10! :smallbiggrin:

Daryk
2013-07-20, 11:50 AM
Uh, right! His base Will save is +7, so with the Key and +2, that's a total of +10, which is what I've been adding to his rolls. He just can't roll an 8!

Gryndel
2013-07-20, 12:28 PM
Uh, right! His base Will save is +7, so with the Key and +2, that's a total of +10, which is what I've been adding to his rolls. He just can't roll an 8!

grrr, well I mean hahahaha as DM of course! :smallamused:

Daryk
2013-07-21, 12:59 PM
FINALLY!! That means he doesn't act until next round though, right?

Gryndel
2013-07-21, 01:21 PM
FINALLY!! That means he doesn't act until next round though, right?

Congratulations, apparently restarting granted the elf some luck after all!

Yes, according to the SRD:
Each round on its turn, the subject may attempt a new saving throw to end the effect. (This is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity.)

So the only other thing he could do is take a 5' step, though given the situation not sure where he would go, other than to the space where his animal friend and familiar are currently located.

Daryk
2013-07-21, 01:25 PM
I think it depends on what Roderick does. Halad can do the most good if he has line of sight to the giant or the cleric. If he swaps with Ryn and Craban, he'll be shooting into the other room.

Gryndel
2013-07-21, 01:40 PM
I think it depends on what Roderick does. Halad can do the most good if he has line of sight to the giant or the cleric. If he swaps with Ryn and Craban, he'll be shooting into the other room.

Say that IC, talk is a free action! :smalltongue:

Since Roderick is an NPC by default, he'll most likely cooperate, maybe even heal Halad a little

Grodech
2013-07-21, 07:24 PM
Wow - didn't think it would happen that fast.

Here's Rukesh' sheet. I never changed anything, just turned off the public access a few weeks ago on all my sheets that were no longer being played.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=366545

Remind me please - I believe we were trying to regroup in the hallway in order to use the keys to get out of there....

Gryndel
2013-07-21, 07:29 PM
Wow - didn't think it would happen that fast.

Here's Rukesh' sheet. I never changed anything, just turned off the public access a few weeks ago on all my sheets that were no longer being played.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=366545

Remind me please - I believe we were trying to regroup in the hallway in order to use the keys to get out of there....

Hey I ain't farking around here man! :smallbiggrin:

Thanks for the link, got it.

And yes, I do believe that was the general consensus, though not everyone agreed iirc.

Gryndel
2013-07-22, 11:27 AM
Rukesh - Round 11

"Craban, get past me." Rukesh says as he swings his axe at the goblin in the doorway [g6] "We need to get with the others. Halad needs help."

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

If Craban gets past him and moves to help Halad, Rukesh will take a 5 foot step to follow down the hallway.

The capital C on the map is Carn, if that is what you're referring to here, which would seem to make the most sense. Craban is the Raven, denoted as the little c, in the same space as the cooshee Ryn, denoted by the little r.

Grodech
2013-07-22, 01:07 PM
The capital C on the map is Carn, if that is what you're referring to here, which would seem to make the most sense. Craban is the Raven, denoted as the little c, in the same space as the cooshee Ryn, denoted by the little r.

D'oh!. Editing momentarily...

Daryk
2013-07-22, 02:07 PM
Oh good... I was beginning to wonder what the heck my raven was up to... :smallbiggrin:

Gryndel
2013-07-22, 08:30 PM
BUMP!


Gah - right after I told Mithral∑Dragon you could get him in...
Is his screen name here the same as above? Maybe you could shoot him a PM and mention this, send him game & OOC links, and find out if he's still interested?

Gryndel
2013-07-22, 08:44 PM
Remind me please - I believe we were trying to regroup in the hallway in order to use the keys to get out of there....

The dwarf war priest, in particular, is not going to like retreating one bit! One of the parts of his code of behavior as a Sum Alaghor is to never retreat from an enemy in battle, particularly when things are looking grim!

Grodech
2013-07-22, 08:59 PM
The dwarf war priest, in particular, is not going to like retreating one bit! One of the parts of his code of behavior as a Sum Alaghor is to never retreat from an enemy in battle, particularly when things are looking grim!

I could have sworn it was his idea. I'm checking on MD now. I haven't seen him on IM since he started his new job.

Gryndel
2013-07-22, 09:04 PM
I could have sworn it was his idea. I'm checking on MD now. I haven't seen him on IM since he started his new job.

Could have been, he's concerned for the rest of you, so at least some of you return to let them know what's here and get reinforcements.

Yeah, MD may very well be too busy at this time to join us, but maybe sometime in the future.

Grodech
2013-07-22, 09:08 PM
Yeah, MD may very well be too busy at this time to join us, but maybe sometime in the future.
I PM'd him on facebook. I don't think he had a GitP id yet.

Gryndel
2013-07-22, 09:19 PM
I PM'd him on facebook. I don't think he had a GitP id yet.

Guess I coulda done that too, or Yahoo even, but so rarely see him on either. Actually he seems to be on right now, so good call!

Daryk
2013-07-23, 07:48 PM
It appears I finally have karma working FOR me finally... :smallbiggrin:

Gryndel
2013-07-23, 09:00 PM
It appears I finally have karma working FOR me finally... :smallbiggrin:

Yeah he's been having a bad time here so far.

To quote a South Park episode: He french fried when he shoulda pizzaed.


Halad

Finally free of the goblin's spell Halad drew his bow with a feral grin and fired at the remaining giant three times.

Sorry for the delay there... it's been so long since I had anything to DO... :smallbiggrin:

Attack #1: [roll0] (includes key and Bless)
Damage #1: [roll1] (includes key and Bless)

Attack #2: [roll2] (includes key and Bless)
Damage #2: [roll3] (includes key and Bless)

Attack #3: [roll4] (includes key and Bless)
Damage #3: [roll5] (includes key and Bless)


Well first, that'll be fine for next round (12). This round (11) he had to use a full round action to break free of the hold person spell.

Second, Bless only adds to attack, not damage.

Daryk
2013-07-24, 02:44 PM
Ah, OK... I thought you were waiting on me, and I was within an hour of leaving the country when I posted. I'm safely back on line in the other country now, but it looks like it's going to be long hours at work until I get settled in. I should still be able to check once a day or so.

Duskranger
2013-07-25, 12:56 PM
Sorry I was on vacation but I'm back now.

Gryndel
2013-07-28, 11:31 AM
Sorry I was on vacation but I'm back now.

Well hope you had a good vacation, and welcome back.

We're waiting on a post from you and White Rider.

Duskranger
2013-07-29, 12:45 AM
Well hope you had a good vacation, and welcome back.

We're waiting on a post from you and White Rider.

I will post this evening when I have the time.

Grodech
2013-07-29, 03:56 PM
Fyi Gryn...

I've had no response from MD regarding joining the game, but I do have someone from my tabletop game that is interested. His GitP handle is "Freelance".

Gryndel
2013-07-29, 04:12 PM
Fyi Gryn...

I've had no response from MD regarding joining the game, but I do have someone from my tabletop game that is interested. His GitP handle is "Freelance".

OK, give Freelance the link here and have him post his general PC concept etc. I'll see if I can find the link to the original game ad too, might be some info there that didn't get copied into the beginning of this thread.

Gadora
2013-07-29, 06:48 PM
OK, give Freelance the link here and have him post his general PC concept etc. I'll see if I can find the link to the original game ad too, might be some info there that didn't get copied into the beginning of this thread.

I don't believe that it would still be around. Recruitment threads expire after three months, and the game's been running a heck of a lot longer than that.

However, there's a good chance that I archived it, since I was doing that with my last handful of PbPs. Give me a bit to see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: Looks like I either didn't archive it after all, or that I failed to back it up before my computer went kablooie. Sorry. :smallfrown:

Freelance
2013-07-29, 08:22 PM
Hello,

Just thought Id say hi. I'm still getting use to the site been on Myth-weavers for awhile and the old DnDgamer so gotta learn all the rolling codes and stuff. Soon as I read over any game info ill get a idea together and toss it up for ya to look at!

Gryndel
2013-07-29, 10:37 PM
Hello,

Just thought Id say hi. I'm still getting use to the site been on Myth-weavers for awhile and the old DnDgamer so gotta learn all the rolling codes and stuff. Soon as I read over any game info ill get a idea together and toss it up for ya to look at!

Welcome Freelance!

Hmm same name on dnd gamer? I spent lots of time there, played in many games and ran several too.

Looks like most of the info is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12060829&postcount=3), though we're now 8th level and nearly 9th, which DOES include the bonus level mentioned.

Freelance
2013-07-29, 10:54 PM
Same name on Myth-weavers on DnDgamer I believe it was Jsype. I think I was in a game or two of yours on there or played in a couple with you!

Well ill go over the info and conjure up something for you to look at. Just to clarify, starting at 8th level and is there any restrictions on LA+ races from MM? Or is that not available for race selection?

Gryndel
2013-07-29, 11:07 PM
Same name on Myth-weavers on DnDgamer I believe it was Jsype. I think I was in a game or two of yours on there or played in a couple with you!

Well ill go over the info and conjure up something for you to look at. Just to clarify, starting at 8th level and is there any restrictions on LA+ races from MM? Or is that not available for race selection?

Yes, 7 class levels and racial favored class as a bonus level. LA limits, hmmm no don't think so.

Freelance
2013-07-29, 11:44 PM
Roger, Roger! Thinking a warlock, what is the rest of the party comprised of?

Duskranger
2013-07-30, 01:11 AM
Roger, Roger! Thinking a warlock, what is the rest of the party comprised of?

We have a sorcadin, a barbarian, Ranger Cleric (though he is NPC-d at the moment). And further I am not really sure.

I play Ferdinand, the Sorcadin btw

Daryk
2013-07-30, 03:48 AM
Halad is an Arcane Archer (mostly Ranger, one level of Sorcerer to get there).

Gryndel
2013-07-30, 06:31 AM
Player - Character - Race - Class(es)
white rider - Carn - human - Rogue

NPC - Drynch - dwarf - Cleric/Sum Alaghor

Duskranger - Ferdinand - human - Paladin/Sorceror/SpellSword/Abjurant Champion

Daryk - Halad - wood elf - Ranger/Sorcerer/Arcane Archer

Figment (NPC) - Roderick - human - Cleric/Church Inquisitor

Grodech - Rukesh - stonechild - Barbarian


We once had a warlock, as well as others. Any of you who were in the game that might read this are more than welcome to return.

Gryndel
2013-07-30, 06:43 AM
There is also a magical key each person gets, one of the unique features of this game. Besides having magic properties and benefits, it allows for people to come and go in the game easily. I'll provide you with the details of it in another post, and I know its somewhere on this site as well.

I do believe there is more background stuff somewhere, about Ryclend and Thifton, as well as the homebrew world of Oerth in which they are located. For now, what's below is sufficient, and you are free to develop as much personal back story as you like. Oerth can support just about any type of society and background in the realms typical for dnd.

Here's the original ad in its entirety:

Who's up for a down home old fashion dungeon crawl?

Stats: 4d6 drop lowest rerollones

Starting level 6 (but so close to 7 you can smell it, and anticipate relatively fast level gain in the game)

max HP

Starting GP 18,000

Sources: core & complete series, MIC, lets try to keep it relatively simple. Variants (Unearthed Arcana, etc) are possible, ask me.


**************
Stories of Ryclend Deephold were told all over the land. It was originally the home of Ryclend the Relentless, the first true noble in a vast land of wilderness dotted only by sparse civilization. The noble warrior, stout of heart and active in justice, built a castle above a natural cistern as a base to eradicate evil and establish a society based on law. Sir Ryclend perished while exploring the depths of his own home, unknowingly constructed atop layers of ancient civilizations and natural underground environments.

His son Leomand, who became the first King, finished the castle and sealed off the dungeons. The King focused on the land outside the castle and those who dwelt there, promoting the basis of modern society today. He eradicated most internal threats to a civil society, and ensured security from external threats by sponsoring the construction of castles and fortified towns. Many of these can still be seen amidst the cities and towns known now, and some few are constantly upgraded and still used as homes by local nobles.

Many generations passed, wars, famine, invasion by all manner of hordes, and changes in environment both natural and otherwise, have altered much of the land. But Ryclend Deephold remains, albeit in ruins, generally known today atop the aptly named Death Knoll. Tales of adventurous forays within typically end in horrific disaster, usually relayed, and likely enhanced, by bards who claim to have met a survivor or their offspring. Those who dare take up this risky challenge typically meet at Greenhorn Hall, a fabulous Inn located at a major crossroads in the Kingdom.


Right in the middle of what is now only a quaint and modest farming village called Thifton, the Inn lies only a few miles from Death Knoll. Thifton was once a thriving metropolis, destroyed in a series of wars, and rebuilt around the only surviving structure; Greenhorn Hall. Originally built by a family of elves and a pair of dwarf twins, the Inn would take an hour to describe with any justice. The current proprietors are Elduin Elkinor (Elf wizard) during the day, and Bukrohm Orcsplitter (dwarf cleric) during the night. A vast staff consists mostly of young locals, who assist this pair at all hours in shifts. They're also aided by the ever present yet rarely detected Unseen Servants, minor elementals, and Fairies.

DM note: I'll play an NPC only if the majority of players desire one.

Gryndel
2013-07-30, 06:54 AM
As long as you have the Key you get +1 Luck/Circumstance (stacks with other luck) bonus to AC, saves, attack, damage, ability checks, & skill checks. It also opens a personal gate from inside the dungeon to your room at the Inn. While its attuned to each individual to ensure security, they can be altered to a new owner easily by Elduin. We've had a few players leave after getting to the dungeon, so a new player can take over that slot and use that key.

Currently in the game, the group is about to retreat to the inn for rest and recovery after a particularly nasty battle. So it'll be easy to add a new character in for when they return to Ryclend Deephold. If you get ready to join before then, I'll work out the gory details and get you in there ASAP. :smallbiggrin:

:roach:

Freelance
2013-07-30, 09:56 AM
So lets try rolling now lol!


[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Second Set

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Freelance
2013-07-30, 09:58 AM
First set 3 re-rolls

[roll0]

Freelance
2013-07-30, 10:01 AM
One more for first set

[roll0]

Freelance
2013-07-30, 10:02 AM
5 re-rolls for second set

[roll0]

Freelance
2013-07-30, 10:03 AM
2 more

[roll0]

Not sure what happened maybe cause I didn't wait the 60 seconds between posts? Ill redo them

Freelance
2013-07-30, 10:06 AM
2 re-rolls

[roll0]

Gryndel
2013-07-30, 10:16 AM
2nd set is not bad at all!

Freelance
2013-07-30, 10:22 AM
Am I doing my math wrong? I came up with:

Set 1
17,16,13,12,18,14

Set 2
13,15,13,15,9,12

Gryndel
2013-07-30, 10:55 AM
Am I doing my math wrong? I came up with:

Set 1
17,16,13,12,18,14

Set 2
13,15,13,15,9,12

ooops, I meant the 1st set isn't bad... you got it right. You can arrange them however you want, and remember to add in another point at level 4 and 8. Also race adjustments, so you should have a pretty good set of numbers there!

Freelance
2013-07-30, 11:02 AM
Roger, Roger! Yeah I'm happy with those not sure I've ever rolled that high for anything! I normally am a single digit roller :(

Ill have to plan my one bonus level of rogue out but it fits since he did steal a bunch of tomes to learn to harness the arcane energy inside him!

Daryk
2013-07-30, 11:10 AM
An elven rogue with a level or two of wizard could even qualify for Arcane Archer...

Freelance
2013-08-04, 06:10 PM
Wow am I cursed? I apply to join and the game is been pretty silent! :tongue:

Gryndel
2013-08-04, 08:44 PM
Well, this never was what I'd call a fast paced game. Typically, especially during summer months, people are busy and post about 1/week or less.

We're currently waiting on White Rider to post, and I do believe he said he was having internet issues.

For me, its a matter of respect for each player, not moving on without hearing from them and not taking over their character., especially while we're doing round by round battles. I know when this has happened to me I feel rotten about it, and hate doing it to anyone. Of course I usually notify the DM and inform them to do what they need to do to move the game along without waiting for me. On the flip side its not really fair to make everyone wait for one or two people to post to move things along. So its a tough balance to strike in pbp games.

However, fairness only goes so far individually, and there comes a point where action by the DM is required to move the game along. Usually for me, that's about 2 weeks or so, depending on how busy I am. In fact, I was just looking at doing that tonight, or possibly tomorrow.

Now, given the situation that the group is in right now, it may still be rounds before the new guy joins the way we originally talked about. That means it could be weeks before Feelance can join in. I don't think that's fair, especially to a new player in this game we restarted not so long ago. So I'm gonna fudge the deal a little to allow for his entry. If anyone has a real issue with that please let me know, I'll make it fair for everyone. Since we've already had a few pull out after we started, its feasible to get a new person in to replace any of the ones who left.

So, Freelance, I'll PM you a few details in a little while and get you in for the next round. It might be a bit awkward as far as an introduction, but I believe most, if not all, our players will accommodate this and play along, as it were.

Freelance
2013-08-04, 09:26 PM
Ill be patient don't rush anything on my account. It just got really quiet and I just wanted to make sure it hadn't come to a halt!

I have a question on this key thing, do I have to be holding it or just have it on my person to get the bonus from it?

Gryndel
2013-08-04, 09:35 PM
Ill be patient don't rush anything on my account. It just got really quiet and I just wanted to make sure it hadn't come to a halt!

I have a question on this key thing, do I have to be holding it or just have it on my person to get the bonus from it?

As long as you have it with you you get the bonuses. Its attuned to each person who has one, so if its lost or stolen or looted from your dead body nobody else can use it, all part of the things you will learn just before leaving.

I'm looking for that bit now, actually, so I don't have to write it all up again.

Grodech
2013-08-05, 07:27 AM
As long as you have the Key you get +1 Luck/Circumstance (stacks with other luck) bonus to AC, saves, attack, damage, ability checks, & skill checks.
I continuously forget about this - lol.

Freelance
2013-08-05, 11:33 AM
http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu62/Wicked-Truth/be611f34-dcb0-4d08-b1fb-529198cb9766.jpg
Joran (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=621784)

Just a test post for my posting template.


Well I just made sure I added the bonus to my sheet so I wont forget! :smallsmile:

Gryndel
2013-08-05, 11:50 AM
Yeah, I occasionally reminds folks, especially if the rolls miss something by one. I even forgot once for the NPC! :smallredface: I do expect all players to note the bonuses on their sheet or somewhere, rarely do ANY bonuses remain forgotten by players for long. :smallbiggrin:

Forgot to mention it to Joran, but Elduin will cast a Sending spell to one of the characters to let them know a newcomer is joining them. Since there was no clear leader or spokesman of the group, he'll just pick out a random person and hope they're still alive!

1. Carn
2. Drynch
3. Ferdinand
4. Halad
5. Roderick
6. Rukesh

[roll0]

Gryndel
2013-08-06, 05:19 PM
I continuously forget about this - lol.

I was too, then I put it in as "misc modifier" for all the categories I could on myth weaver sheet (AC, attacks, saves, skills). It automatically totals all those and makes it easier, so you don't have to remember every time.

Daryk
2013-08-07, 01:03 PM
Halad is good for the next round, right? I just want to make sure...

Gryndel
2013-08-07, 01:04 PM
Halad is good for the next round, right? I just want to make sure...

Yes, if you still want to shoot at the giant, we have those rolls and such posted. If you want to change that now, feel free to post again. If you do, just delete the previous game post.

Daryk
2013-08-07, 01:12 PM
Not a chance! I'm absolutely not going to waste those gorgeous rolls... :smallbiggrin:

Grodech
2013-08-07, 05:51 PM
I was too, then I put it in as "misc modifier" for all the categories I could on myth weaver sheet (AC, attacks, saves, skills). It automatically totals all those and makes it easier, so you don't have to remember every time.

I was just reviewing Rukesh' sheet against the posts, and discovered a few discrepancies. I will correct them in the next post (waiting on map). Not sure how I thought his attack bonus was 13, it should be 11, including the key bonus. Maybe I was thinking Drynch's Divine Favor applied to him as well... Not to mention I've been saying waraxe and he's got a bastard sword - lol.

Gryndel
2013-08-07, 06:16 PM
I was just reviewing Rukesh' sheet against the posts, and discovered a few discrepancies. I will correct them in the next post (waiting on map). Not sure how I thought his attack bonus was 13, it should be 11, including the key bonus. Maybe I was thinking Drynch's Divine Favor applied to him as well... Not to mention I've been saying waraxe and he's got a bastard sword - lol.

LOL happens to the best of us, I never caught it either! Is that including the Bless bonus (+1 attack)?

Also, been working on learning excel again, so probably start doing maps with that. I'm finding it a bit of a pain to generate, but will be much easier to change from round to round. Once I get the hang of it we can start putting lil pics and such in it too!

Grodech
2013-08-07, 06:18 PM
Bless! When did that get cast? I didn't see it in my review. Already posted, but I don't think I needed it (nat 20!).

Gryndel
2013-08-07, 06:33 PM
Bless! When did that get cast? I didn't see it in my review. Already posted, but I don't think I needed it (nat 20!).

Roderick cast Bless at the beginning of the battle, its listed under active spells :smallannoyed:

Gryndel
2013-08-07, 07:15 PM
ok lets see how this is gonna work... hmm cant upload excel files to flickr, so need ot figure out another way! Maybe save it as something else :smallamused:

Freelance
2013-08-07, 07:27 PM
Oh this dice roller doesn't hate me like myth-weavers!

Gryndel
2013-08-07, 07:40 PM
Oh this dice roller doesn't hate me like myth-weavers!

I'd wait until you get about 20+ under your belt before making any such judgments, but that's just me.

BTW, check out the NEW map, did it in excel. Kinda neat, but still needs some work. Any of you geek excel experts out there who want to give me pointers, I'd be willing to listen and learn more.

Grodech
2013-08-07, 07:41 PM
ok lets see how this is gonna work... hmm cant upload excel files to flickr, so need ot figure out another way! Maybe save it as something else :smallamused:

Gonna have to take a screen shot and upload as png or jpg.

Gryndel
2013-08-07, 07:42 PM
Joran making listen check to hear where the group might be

[roll0]

Easy enough, the battle is loud enough for a deaf man to find!

Gryndel
2013-08-07, 07:44 PM
Gonna have to take a screen shot and upload as png or jpg.

Yeah already figured out how to save them as uploadable files on flickr :smallwink: Not sure why the gridlines in the halls vanished though

Gryndel
2013-08-15, 12:55 AM
Halad

Seeing the giant fall, the elf shifted targets to the goblin priest that had enspelled him.

Hmm, tight angle there, but according to the rules I believe its possible, albeit harder. I have read it again and as posted below ruling he has cover (+4 AC), but not total cover.

SRD: Cover;
To determine whether your target has cover from your ranged attack, choose a corner of your square. If any line from this corner to any corner of the targetís square passes through a square or border that blocks line of effect or provides cover, or through a square occupied by a creature, the target has cover (+4 to AC).

Gryndel
2013-08-15, 01:11 AM
Unfortunately, yes. I put the key bonus in the misc modifier in his sheet. His will save is normally only +3.

So he stands in place for 1 round, but is not helpless.

Gryndel
2013-08-15, 01:15 AM
Halad

Seeing the giant fall, the elf shifted targets to the goblin priest that had enspelled him.

Need to roll that will save against Greater Command first. If he succeeds we'll use the rolls you already posted if you still want.

Gryndel
2013-08-15, 01:17 AM
Everyone (except Joran, he's out of range) needs to roll a will save (DC 21) vs that Greater Command.

Freelance
2013-08-15, 08:38 AM
It would take me 3 rounds to cast the 3 invocations before I went threw the portal. I wasn't sure what round you wanted me to join in the current initiative order so just let me know when your syncing my arrival with them!

Also I thought I saw a map of everyones location but don't see it on your last post is it in a particular thread or did I just overlook it?

Gryndel
2013-08-15, 08:45 AM
It would take me 3 rounds to cast the 3 invocations before I went threw the portal. I wasn't sure what round you wanted me to join in the current initiative order so just let me know when your syncing my arrival with them!

Also I thought I saw a map of everyones location but don't see it on your last post is it in a particular thread or did I just overlook it?

That's fine, you can enter during the current round (12th).

The map hasn't changed at the point in the round when I posted. So the last one I posted still represents the current positions of everyone. When I post the rest of the round, I'll include a new map.

Grodech
2013-08-15, 08:48 AM
So he stands in place for 1 round, but is not helpless.

Nerts. Wasted a perfectly good critical hit...

Gryndel
2013-08-15, 09:37 AM
Nerts. Wasted a perfectly good critical hit...

I was thinking about that. In the order of rolls required, were we sitting at a table playing, the first roll required would've been the Will save. Though I list the physical attacks of the goblins and worgs first, that is simply a matter of they were in the battle first. But the cleric has the same initiative, and it would make sense to resolve his magic each round before the physical attacks of his minions. I'll start listing his actions before the warriors/worgs from now on. Therefore, if you agree, we can count that 20 as your will save, then use the results from the others for strength check vs trip (the same roll as you posted for that) and lastly your attack (which would be the natural 16 you posted for your will save).

Daryk
2013-08-15, 12:23 PM
Right... will save...

[roll0]

Duskranger
2013-08-15, 02:16 PM
Willsave for Ferdinand: [roll0]

I have a feeling I make it ;)

Grodech
2013-08-15, 03:14 PM
I was thinking about that. In the order of rolls required, were we sitting at a table playing, the first roll required would've been the Will save. Though I list the physical attacks of the goblins and worgs first, that is simply a matter of they were in the battle first. But the cleric has the same initiative, and it would make sense to resolve his magic each round before the physical attacks of his minions. I'll start listing his actions before the warriors/worgs from now on. Therefore, if you agree, we can count that 20 as your will save, then use the results from the others for strength check vs trip (the same roll as you posted for that) and lastly your attack (which would be the natural 16 you posted for your will save).

Fine with me.

AtariHeRo
2013-08-15, 10:05 PM
Hey folks :)

this is just a test:

[roll0]

this was only a test, if this had been an actual emergency colorbars and instructions would have followed :)

AtariHeRo
2013-08-15, 10:06 PM
Yay a CHA of 50..... ok again:

[roll0]

AtariHeRo
2013-08-15, 10:08 PM
Ok official rolls, three sets right?:


[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

.......

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

........

[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

AtariHeRo
2013-08-15, 10:12 PM
ok top one, no brainer

14
12
16
15
10
11

grig Racial adjustments are:
STR -6, DEX +8, CON +2, WIS +2, CHA +4

(assuming I still know what I'm doing lol)

Gryndel
2013-08-15, 10:17 PM
Welcome AtariHero, and yes 3 sets.

Max HPs (you'll need em!), and you know about the racial favored class bonus level. Lets see, Jaron got 25,000 GP to start, no single item over 13,000. Of course, you won't have a legitimate claim on any of the current treasure, but any gained after you join is subject to fair interpretation as to your share.

Most have posted there finished PC on myth weavers (remember to give me some privilege to view it at least).

Once you're ready to play I'll conduct a brief interview with the elf co-owner of the Inn and set you on your way fairly fast... unless you delay it by superfluous banter and questions and such! :smallbiggrin:

Gryndel
2013-08-15, 10:19 PM
ok top one, no brainer

14
12
16
15
10
11

grig Racial adjustments are:
STR -6, DEX +8, CON +2, WIS +2, CHA +4

(assuming I still know what I'm doing lol)

You get to reroll all those ones, so the last set might turn out better!

We really should start doing 1d5+1 for each, but that gets a little complicated for the dicebot script.

Really should be using the dice thread, but no biggie.

AtariHeRo
2013-08-15, 10:43 PM
wait, what? You mean reroll the d6s for all the ones above?

and I'll redirect to the dice thread now that I see it there lol

AtariHeRo
2013-08-15, 11:05 PM
Ok did that, and what is Myth-weavers? lol

I'm such a noob again. But I can just send you a copy (document and/or the Excell sheet)/and link to a web-version of my PC once finished.

Duskranger
2013-08-15, 11:53 PM
Ok did that, and what is Myth-weavers? lol

I'm such a noob again. But I can just send you a copy (document and/or the Excell sheet)/and link to a web-version of my PC once finished.

Mythweavers is a site where you can post your sheet.

I myself am partial to the coyotecode profiler, but that's almost the same.

They have sheet templates on those sites and you only need to fill them in. They calculate also most things immediatly

AtariHeRo
2013-08-16, 12:12 AM
Ahh I see, thanks. I have my own dinobot Excel template but if Gryndel makes me I can translate it into Mythweaver's sheet once I am done :)

AtariHeRo
2013-08-16, 01:23 AM
Ok, definitely going Grig (LA+3)/Scout 3/Sorc 2. Should be ready by mid-weekend :)

Grodech
2013-08-16, 07:46 AM
Welcome aboard!

Gryndel
2013-08-16, 11:27 AM
Ok, definitely going Grig (LA+3)/Scout 3/Sorc 2. Should be ready by mid-weekend :)

Should be good timing then. I'm preparing the next post, only waiting on Carn (White Rider) I believe. Our new player is all set to join in this round, and I can get the grig in soon, probably for the round after (lucky 13th). Its too bad we didn't do this a week or so ago, coulda had 2 newbs enter the dungeon together. :smallamused:

AtariHeRo
2013-08-16, 12:00 PM
I might be finished by late Friday/early Sat morning if that helps. Just gotta do Skills/Spells/and equipment (which should be light)

Freelance
2013-08-16, 03:46 PM
You can hold me till he is ready and bring us both in if ya want I'm good with that! I think I remember Atari from the dndgamer site before right? I was Jsype on there.

AtariHeRo
2013-08-16, 11:32 PM
I'm all-but good to go, just have to refine my background, I hope everyone likes to Dance (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/irresistibleDance.htm) :smalltongue: lol

Speaking of that, is there a way I can make my allies Immune to the dancing?

Daryk
2013-08-17, 12:51 AM
Cast "Deafness" on us first? :smallamused:

AtariHeRo
2013-08-17, 01:15 AM
LOL..perhaps I could peddle a new line of stylish berry-ear-plugs

AtariHeRo
2013-08-20, 03:07 PM
Mythweavers version of Frix, if that helps:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=637334

Gryndel
2013-08-20, 03:31 PM
Thanks Atari.

Class tonight, and still haven;t heard from White Rider. So I'll NPC Carn again and post either tonight after class or tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay, but sometimes life happens that way. Thanks for your patience everyone.

Freelance
2013-08-20, 07:20 PM
No problem Gryndel, happy to be playing again!

AtariHeRo
2013-08-21, 03:29 PM
oh no hurry what-so-ever. As freelance said, good to be gaming again :), and my fantasy-fix has been being fed by plans for the new DnDgamer rebirth ;)

AtariHeRo
2013-08-23, 03:09 PM
in the meantime, our old gaming forum has been reborn from the ashes, like the Phoenix. :smile:

I welcome and encourage (and I guess technically spam :smallamused:) everyone/anyone to come check us out ;)

www.dndgamer.net

Freelance
2013-08-23, 04:09 PM
Wow is it completely wiped out or is the old info on there? Do we need to make new log ins or use the same as before and who do we contact if we can't remember that info? :)

Grodech
2013-08-24, 03:10 PM
All new. We don't have access to the old database, so you have to register again.

Freelance
2013-08-26, 11:46 AM
Ok so is the cooshee blocking my way now or did I already pass by it and did it follow me?

Gryndel
2013-08-26, 01:45 PM
Well its between you and where you wanted to go, so essentially blocking the way, though I wouldn't use that term. Its the animal companion of one of the pCs, though Joran doesn't know that yet. It is watching the rear of the party, but seems unaggressive toward you. I'll add that to the post in some form, which I should've included originally. Joran can assume its not an opponent, though it might be a good thing for the future to deal with it in some way... I leave that up to you of course.

Grodech
2013-08-26, 02:07 PM
Rukesh - Round 12

Rukesh swings his sword at the same goblin, attempting to take it down. [g6] Then he takes a 5 foot step towards Roderick in order to let one get into the hallway so Carn can have a better shot.


I just wanted to point out the 5 foot step taken in Rukesh' turn... It may not have affected the outcome of Carn's attack, but it wasn't noted in the results of the round.

Gryndel
2013-08-26, 02:10 PM
I just wanted to point out the 5 foot step taken in Rukesh' turn... It may not have affected the outcome of Carn's attack, but it wasn't noted in the results of the round.

Crap, missed it huh!? That's what I get for trying to hurry through and get posts done after a whole day of studying. I'll fix it up tonight though, thanks.

That will definitely affect the combat situation, in more ways than one. :smallbiggrin:

Daryk
2013-08-26, 02:45 PM
OK, if a 30 isn't good enough to hit the priest while he has cover, Halad will just wait until he doesn't. That means the goblins without cover are now targets. Should I wait for them, or post IC now?

Gryndel
2013-08-26, 02:49 PM
You can post if you like. If anything changes after their turn, as always, I'll let you know and allow any edits, reposts, etc needed to make sense.

Daryk
2013-08-26, 02:50 PM
Will do, thanks! I was trying to keep the confusion to a minimum.

Freelance
2013-08-26, 03:11 PM
Would there be room to fly over it without getting close enough and observe if it decided to be hostile or not? Not knowing he would try to fly past and see if it followed or not.

Gryndel
2013-08-26, 04:00 PM
Would there be room to fly over it without getting close enough and observe if it decided to be hostile or not? Not knowing he would try to fly past and see if it followed or not.

Sure, I suppose that would work.

Freelance
2013-08-26, 04:30 PM
Also on the map is the r in the corner representing the cooshee?

Grodech
2013-08-27, 10:15 AM
Also on the map is the r in the corner representing the cooshee?

Yes - I believe the cooshee's name is Ryn.

fyi - I'm waiting until after the goblin's turn to post for Rukesh, as their actions will affect his.

Gryndel
2013-08-27, 10:58 AM
Also on the map is the r in the corner representing the cooshee?


Yes - I believe the cooshee's name is Ryn.

fyi - I'm waiting until after the goblin's turn to post for Rukesh, as their actions will affect his.

Yes the little "r" is Ryn the cooshee.

And ok on waiting Grodech.

Gryndel
2013-09-08, 07:53 AM
Not sure if everybody's getting notifications of new posts or what, but so far we've only had 2 posts by players after my latest round was posted. Been about 2 weeks, so lets get on it folks! :smallamused:

Grodech
2013-09-08, 10:24 AM
And ok on waiting Grodech.

It might be everyone is waiting for the goblins to go first. I believe Ferdinand is the only one with an init higher than the goblins.

Duskranger
2013-09-08, 10:47 AM
Sorry about this, kinda bizzy at the moment, but I should remember to post.

Will post soon.

AtariHeRo
2013-09-10, 05:23 PM
Frix plays the fidddle:smalltongue:

Daryk
2013-09-22, 01:39 AM
Halad was aiming at goblins in the south room, so no need to shift his action.

Gryndel
2013-09-22, 09:20 AM
They closed both doors.

Daryk
2013-09-22, 11:02 AM
Ah, sorry... for some reason I thought they were double doors in the north. So Roderick is now isolated in the south room?

Gryndel
2013-09-22, 11:26 AM
indeed he is

Daryk
2013-09-23, 09:12 PM
Halad can hold his shots until the door is bashed in, right?

Grodech
2013-09-23, 09:48 PM
With the strength roll I rolled in the dice thread, that door isn't getting kicked in this round...

Daryk
2013-09-24, 01:38 PM
As long as I get to keep those rolls, I'll wait as long as it takes...:smallamused:

Gryndel
2013-09-25, 09:30 AM
Yes, you can delay until a condition is met, in this case the door being reopened.

Indeed, that will not open the door, which is now secured again.

Gryndel
2013-10-08, 05:39 AM
So, I presume you're all waiting for me to post something. I was sorta waiting to see what everyone was doing, since Drynch is last init. But after a quick review I see that everyone before Drynch has posted something, other than Carn, and it seems we lost White Rider. So...

Carn will move in to crunch together with them all and help push on door
Drynch Str Chk to open door (Incl Ill Fortune Penalty)

*Rolled in dice thread

Freelance
2013-10-08, 08:52 AM
Joran will just double move up to G11 next to Halad for now

Duskranger
2013-10-08, 09:21 AM
How many scorching rays it takes to open the door, is that the game we will play :P.

And how about an Aid another strenght check to see if combined makes might?

Grodech
2013-10-25, 09:58 AM
* Pokes the DM *

Gryndel
2013-11-07, 08:38 AM
* Pokes the DM *

I guess you're the only one still posting, or perhaps the others are just waiting for the result of this one action. Either way, DM post pending, very soon.

Daryk
2013-11-07, 01:25 PM
Yes, just waiting...

AtariHeRo
2013-11-07, 09:18 PM
Frix keeps playing the fiddle ;)

Grodech
2013-11-19, 04:09 PM
How many scorching rays it takes to open the door, is that the game we will play :P.

And how about an Aid another strenght check to see if combined makes might?

Fire away Duskranger, and we shall see...

Duskranger
2013-11-20, 01:13 AM
I don't have that much scorcing rays left, but will do.

After this attack I will try aiding another or zip out, get some marvellous pigments ;) and return

Gryndel
2013-12-03, 12:47 PM
Maybe I should get out the Clue Bat and bash Freelancer over the head with it a few times... hehehe...

http://www.geneticanomaly.com/RPG-Motivational/slides/cluebat.jpg

An eldritch blast or two combined with brute force and the scorching rays would blow a hole in that door back by wall of ice in no time.

Meanwhile we have a grig fiddling away in obscurity just waiting to jump in!

Freelance
2013-12-03, 02:54 PM
Ok I think I missed something. The last I read was you did a single move if I wanted to do another action to just tell me where to move to? Did we start another round and I didn't notice?

Freelance
2013-12-03, 03:01 PM
Rd 13 (Cont'd)
Try as they might, even their combined efforts could not open the door. It was eerily quiet, and the cold continued to intensify.

Though none saw him, Joran approached closer. The cooshee didn't seem interested in following him.


Drynch
The dwarf grunted and growled, "Damn, if we only 'ad some way ta blast dis door!"


OOC: Only did a single move for Joran in case he wants to do some other action. If that action is another move action this round just post what square he wants to be in.

All other info is the same as posted previously for this round

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5336/10153340614_174f6feaaf.jpg




Joran will just double move up to G11 next to Halad for now

That was my action cause I couldn't fire at the door just yet and on the map I'm still showing at G13 and I can't take a double move and fire at the door. Unless it's a new round which I wasn't sure since I hadnt been moved to g11 yet?

Gryndel
2013-12-05, 07:23 PM
Ahhh yes, my fault then, I failed to note the round on the last DM post and update and upload the revised map. It is indeed the next round and you should be up to G11, next to Halad on the map. I'll edit the post and work on the map.

Freelance
2013-12-05, 08:23 PM
Roger roger, I'll post my next action then sorry about the mix up!

Gryndel
2013-12-26, 12:17 PM
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5336/10153340614_174f6feaaf.jpg

You can ignore all but the southern big room where we left. We can discuss where each of you wanted to be, as back posts here, and make good tactical and strategic decisions out of it. Remember it doesn't have to be in the room, it could be in the hallway.

Drynch would like to be in R10.

Grodech
2013-12-26, 02:05 PM
Rukesh will be M9, to cut off any entry from/escape to the other room.

Daryk
2013-12-26, 02:30 PM
Halad will take N12 to put the entire room within 30' (point blank range).

Daryk
2013-12-28, 03:41 AM
In trying to convince a wireless printer to talk to my network last night, I apparently did something to my WAP and won't have regular internet access until sometime Monday. As it is, I have to hike a quarter mile for this slow connection, so you probably won't see me until Monday night.

Gryndel
2014-01-03, 08:18 AM
When I initially posted I didn't have access to Roderick's sheet. Now that I do and looked, I see he has restoration prepared, which he would cast on Carn to negate the con damage. I edited the previous post to reflect this.

Good luck whipping your WAP into shape Daryk, they can be tricky beasts at best.

By the way, we can easily introduce the grig (Atari's PC) while we're here. So it can be done by Atari, or I'll post soon with one of the inn owners introducing the fey to the group.

Daryk
2014-01-03, 02:14 PM
The ISP sent tech support with a new WAP, so I suppose that counts as whipping it into shape. Of course, the darn printer still won't talk to the network, or even the computer it's now plugged in to. But hey, at least I'm back on the net!

Grodech
2014-01-05, 01:04 PM
Speed (extra attack on full round); 6000

This is a weapon crystal as well, correct?

Freelance
2014-01-05, 02:23 PM
I didn't do much at all and expended no personal resources in that process. Joran would not feel entitled to any of that at all!

On a side note how do you guys divy up loot? Just so I have an idea in the future!

Duskranger
2014-01-05, 02:23 PM
Everyone a fair share.

Freelance
2014-01-05, 02:34 PM
Oh I think this is how I do it with Grodech in our other games!

If some takes that ring of protection +2 they get that and 3750 in gold

Gryndel
2014-01-05, 04:55 PM
This is a weapon crystal as well, correct?

yes it is indeed

Gryndel
2014-01-05, 08:43 PM
Oy, after reviewing, it seems everyone was fairly close to going up a level. Given what has transpired since the last level up and the amount of treasure you gained, including some good role playing, I believe we'll just kick it up to next level now.

Everyone will have the effects of their level upon rising in the morning, so make all necessary adjustments.

Grodech
2014-01-06, 08:43 AM
Woohoo!

Rukesh will take the speed weapon crystal. I think it benefits everyone for him to have an extra attack per round - lol. Is it a custom item? I don't see it in the MIC. I'm assuming the extra attack is at his highest attack bonus.


Oy, after reviewing, it seems everyone was fairly close to going up a level. Given what has transpired since the last level up and the amount of treasure you gained, including some good role playing, I believe we'll just kick it up to next level now.

Everyone will have the effects of their level upon rising in the morning, so make all necessary adjustments.

Gryn - please remind me - max hp, roll, or what?

Freelance
2014-01-06, 09:16 AM
I'm assuming your not talking about the newcomers in this level up correct?

Daryk
2014-01-06, 02:33 PM
Is the speed crystal a greater crystal? If so, it takes a +3 weapon to use.

Gryndel
2014-01-06, 06:16 PM
Woohoo!

Rukesh will take the speed weapon crystal. I think it benefits everyone for him to have an extra attack per round - lol. Is it a custom item? I don't see it in the MIC. I'm assuming the extra attack is at his highest attack bonus.

Gryn - please remind me - max hp, roll, or what?

Yes custom item, and yes at highest attack bonus on full attack round.

Max HP


I'm assuming your not talking about the newcomers in this level up correct?

Yes, them too. We'll just say they were very close anyway. I want everyone to be the same level - 9th now.


Is the speed crystal a greater crystal? If so, it takes a +3 weapon to use.

Lesser Crystal, so can be used on a +1 or better weapon.

Freelance
2014-01-06, 06:42 PM
Roger that I'll adjust my sheet then! Thx :smallsmile:

Freelance
2014-01-06, 07:47 PM
Also for future reference for the group I have the artificers monocle and the ranks and ability to use it for identifying items!

AtariHeRo
2014-01-06, 11:55 PM
Just acknowledging I am here ;)

I'll add a Sorc level to Frix and try and read-up and get a post in asap

Duskranger
2014-01-07, 12:39 AM
I will try to fix Ferdinand ASAP.

It will be another level of Abjurant Champion anyway, so it should not be that hard to fix.

Grodech
2014-01-07, 09:27 AM
Rukesh's updates are completed. Not much to adding barbarian level 2...

Freelance
2014-01-07, 09:29 AM
Joran's sheet is done as well

Freelance
2014-01-07, 09:46 AM
Gryndel,

My new invocation is See the unseen. If I'm doing this right, the see invisibility part should last 90 minutes or does it last 24 hours with the dark vision?
If it's the 90 mins, if I just put it in my active invocations that I cast it every hour is that a problem to keep it active all the time or do you need me to say in game each time I do it?

Duskranger
2014-01-07, 01:19 PM
Ferdinand:

+1 level abjurant champion

Spells known added:
1. Fist of Stone
2.Wings of Cover
3. Fireball ( I know haste would be a better choice but still)

Because I will get to frying the mooks.

Daryk
2014-01-07, 02:50 PM
Ranger level 7 was relatively uneventful, but character level 9 meant Improved Rapid Shot... :smallamused:

Freelance
2014-01-07, 02:57 PM
I have a question, why do I have a level of rogue? I would have just went warlock for all my levels. Was there a game reason for it and was that the only option it seems like rogue just doesn't go that well with my guy!

Grodech
2014-01-07, 03:11 PM
I have a question, why do I have a level of rogue? I would have just went warlock for all my levels. Was there a game reason for it and was that the only option it seems like rogue just doesn't go that well with my guy!

No idea. Maybe we needed someone with disable device and open lock skills?

Daryk
2014-01-07, 03:54 PM
Skill points would be my guess, at least if you took it at first level. Either that, or you took it to get Evasion at level 2 Rogue...

AtariHeRo
2014-01-07, 05:07 PM
Frix's 3 scout levels should be helpful in most open-lock/disable devise situations. I'd go Scout 4 but Sorc is a much easier upgrade and the party needs some arcane too is seems