PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Ryclend Deephold OOC



Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

AtariHeRo
2014-01-07, 05:26 PM
Frix is all upgraded to level 9 (link in my signature)

Frixís Level 9 upgrades:

+6HP

+1 BaB
+1 Fort
+1 Ref

+5 skill points
+1 Concentration
+2 Spellcraft
+2 Knowledge(Arcana)
*granting +2 synergy with Spellcraft


+1 1st level spell cast per day
+1 1st level spells known (Magic Missile)

Gryndel
2014-01-07, 07:29 PM
Also for future reference for the group I have the artificers monocle and the ranks and ability to use it for identifying items!


Just acknowledging I am here ;)

I'll add a Sorc level to Frix and try and read-up and get a post in asap

Cool to both of these, rock on!


Gryndel,

My new invocation is See the unseen. If I'm doing this right, the see invisibility part should last 90 minutes or does it last 24 hours with the dark vision?

If it's the 90 mins, if I just put it in my active invocations that I cast it every hour is that a problem to keep it active all the time or do you need me to say in game each time I do it?

Not too clear from how it reads there, but I think its fine to say you have it going once you activate that invocation for the day, though you may have to remind me for a while on occasion. Just keep posting with your active invocations at the bottom as you've been doing.


I have a question, why do I have a level of rogue? I would have just went warlock for all my levels. Was there a game reason for it and was that the only option it seems like rogue just doesn't go that well with my guy!

Though I did enjoy all the well thought out speculation, its much simpler than any of that reasoning. Everybody got their race's favored class as a bonus level in this game, and rogue is the favored class for whisper gnome.

Duskranger
2014-01-08, 02:12 AM
I am a sorcadin, at this moment I'm a level 7 sorceror on top of my melee status.

Gryndel, for Ferdinand I would like to have:
Anklet of Translocation (2/day 10' teleport)
Wand chamber
Wand of Wraithstrike
Possibly knowstones with arcane spells (if they exist).

Would it be possible to buy those and if yes, how much would they cost (especially the knowstones).

Freelance
2014-01-13, 03:35 PM
Though I did enjoy all the well thought out speculation, its much simpler than any of that reasoning. Everybody got their race's favored class as a bonus level in this game, and rogue is the favored class for whisper gnome.

Ahhhh yes now I remember that! That's a bummer, Scout would have gone so much better then rogue! Thanks for clarifying that!

Gryndel
2014-01-13, 07:26 PM
I am a sorcadin, at this moment I'm a level 7 sorceror on top of my melee status.

Gryndel, for Ferdinand I would like to have:
Anklet of Translocation (2/day 10' teleport)
Wand chamber
Wand of Wraithstrike
Possibly knowstones with arcane spells (if they exist).

Would it be possible to buy those and if yes, how much would they cost (especially the knowstones).

Well, the only one I could find was in the Magic Item Compendium:
Anklet 1400

and yes, that's possible to obtain here.

Wraithstrike is a 2nd level arcane spell from Complete Spell Compendium, so we could work that out easily enough. Duration is only 1 round though, so might be a bit expensive for what you get. Comparing price to similar wands, and adding in a bit for rarity and retaining it as a swift action to activate, I'd say about 6000 for fully charged (50) wand.

If you could tell me where to look for the others I'll consider them.

Gryndel
2014-01-13, 07:32 PM
Ahhhh yes now I remember that! That's a bummer, Scout would have gone so much better then rogue! Thanks for clarifying that!

Hmmmm, no LA for whisper gnome huh? Well, I'd resist making such fundamental changes at this stage, but scout is not an unreasonable substitution for rogue. I'll consider it further... but since it was a bonus level and applied to everyone I'll likely keep things as they are.

Freelance
2014-01-13, 07:42 PM
It's not a problem at all really, I would have definitely chosen scout over rogue for sure if that would have been an option as it fits much better. If you want to fine but I'm perfectly fine leaving it though, was not a complaint more of trying to remember why it was there LOL. As for the LA, nope that little guy did not come with one of those! :smallsmile:

Gryndel
2014-01-13, 08:08 PM
It's not a problem at all really, I would have definitely chosen scout over rogue for sure if that would have been an option as it fits much better. If you want to fine but I'm perfectly fine leaving it though, was not a complaint more of trying to remember why it was there LOL. As for the LA, nope that little guy did not come with one of those! :smallsmile:

Lets just leave the little bugger as is then, works well anyway I think. Sneak attack eldritch blast!

Freelance
2014-01-13, 08:44 PM
Works for me! :smallwink:

Duskranger
2014-01-14, 01:34 AM
Well, the only one I could find was in the Magic Item Compendium:
Anklet 1400

and yes, that's possible to obtain here.

Wraithstrike is a 2nd level arcane spell from Complete Spell Compendium, so we could work that out easily enough. Duration is only 1 round though, so might be a bit expensive for what you get. Comparing price to similar wands, and adding in a bit for rarity and retaining it as a swift action to activate, I'd say about 6000 for fully charged (50) wand.

If you could tell me where to look for the others I'll consider them.

Knowstones are from dragon magazine 333 as far as I could find. Works like a 1-spell runestave

Gryndel
2014-01-14, 06:08 AM
Knowstones are from dragon magazine 333 as far as I could find. Works like a 1-spell runestave

OK, then yes on the anklet and wraithstrike wand, no for the other 2 items.

Duskranger
2014-01-14, 06:10 AM
OK, then yes on the anklet and wraithstrike wand, no for the other 2 items.

Which two items are you talking about? The wandchamber and the stone?

Or are you talking about the knowstones and Runestaves?

The wandchamber is a item from one of the DnD 3.5 books, I am away from books, so I will search for the source as soon as I can.

Gryndel
2014-01-14, 06:14 AM
When no one is observing him directly he will call upon the See the unseen invocation and look around the room to see if he sees anything hidden or invisible!

If he's here, the grig http://webpages.charter.net/atarihero/pic/Griggerysmall.jpg would be seen by Joran. However, since he hasn't posted yet I won't commit Atari's PC to being here just yet. If/when he does post, we'll move this information to the IC thread.

Gryndel
2014-01-14, 06:17 AM
Which two items are you talking about? The wandchamber and the stone?

Yes


The wandchamber is a item from one of the DnD 3.5 books, I am away from books, so I will search for the source as soon as I can.

OK I'll still take a look at it when you do.

Duskranger
2014-01-14, 10:53 AM
Yes



OK I'll still take a look at it when you do.

Dungeonscape is the book it's from. But for now I think that I will drop the wandchamber and wand of wraithstrike.

I will take the anklets and wait untill I can buy a runestaff with some spells that I would like to have.

AtariHeRo
2014-01-22, 01:26 PM
Hey there sorry Had a rough few weeks, finally all moved back home I'll definitely get a post in by the weekend. As for entering the game, you'll hear the fiddle before you see the Grig hehe ;)

p.s. Somehow I lost my webpage and image/background, I'll have to rewrite/post it again asap

Gryndel
2014-01-22, 01:36 PM
Hey there sorry Had a rough few weeks, finally all moved back home I'll definitely get a post in by the weekend. As for entering the game, you'll hear the fiddle before you see the Grig hehe ;)

p.s. Somehow I lost my webpage and image/background, I'll have to rewrite/post it again asap

If they still exist, I have the links on my home computer, so I can post them later.

AtariHeRo
2014-01-26, 07:27 PM
No I accidently deleted the top portion of the webpage locally (stupid frames), and didn't notice until I uploaded and viewed it, and apparently I have no word back-up :s. oh well I'll rebuild it

AtariHeRo
2014-01-27, 11:09 PM
OoC: Frix is on the floor

Grodech
2014-02-07, 03:49 PM
Ring of Protection +2; 4800
Ring of Evasion; 15,000
Brooch of Shielding (101 MM pts); 900
Amulet of natural AC +2; 4800
Weapon Crystal +1 Insight bonus (Atk/Dmg); 6000
Speed (extra attack on full round); 6000
Arcane Scroll: Displacement, Haste, Charm Monster, Dimension Door, Arc of Lightning (SC); 1710 (Quijol will offer to buy this for 1800!)

Total (if you sell the scroll to Quijol): 39,300 + 12,000 gp = 51,300
If divided by 6 (Carn, Drynch, Ferdinand, Halad, Roderick, Rukesh) = 8550 each.


Crap - I can't remember if I gave Rukesh all his treasure. I know he took the crystal of speed for his weapon, which should leave him 2550 remaining in gold. I don't see it on his sheet, I can't remember if he bought other stuff or if I just need to add the 2550....

Gryndel
2014-02-07, 05:38 PM
Crap - I can't remember if I gave Rukesh all his treasure. I know he took the crystal of speed for his weapon, which should leave him 2550 remaining in gold. I don't see it on his sheet, I can't remember if he bought other stuff or if I just need to add the 2550....

I don't recall, nor can I find any reference to, anybody going shopping. There was IC talk of doing so, with Quijol assisting to find certain items, after the meeting.

Daryk
2014-02-08, 12:05 AM
I think I saw someone else interested in the +2 Ring of Protection, so Halad would settle for the +2 Amulet of Natural Armor alone and a little shopping. I'm looking for:
+1 Mithril Shirt Barding for Ryn (the cooshee, 2,200 if I've done the math right),
and +1 Studded Leather Barding for Craban (the raven, 1,175 if I've done the math right).

Ryn would also receive Halad's old +1 Amulet of Natural Armor. That should leave Halad with 375 in the bank for next time.

Duskranger
2014-02-08, 02:29 AM
With help of Qijol Ferdinand will buy the anklet of translocation. Further he makes a deposit of 600 gold to the church he's from.

Which leaves him with 6550 gold to keep for now.

Grodech
2014-02-10, 03:57 PM
Ok, so I guess we're waiting to see if there are any other reactions to the grig, as well as responses to those reactions from the grig before proceeding to the shopping portion.

Let's get this game back on track people!

Gryndel
2014-02-11, 02:36 PM
Ok, so I guess we're waiting to see if there are any other reactions to the grig, as well as responses to those reactions from the grig before proceeding to the shopping portion.

Let's get this game back on track people!

Yeah, what he said... oh wait, its probably mostly on me! :smalltongue:

AtariHeRo
2014-02-13, 01:38 AM
Not it! :smallcool:

Daryk
2014-02-16, 11:21 AM
If possible, I'd also like to add a Traveler's Any-Tool (250 gp) to Halad's shopping list. And I just realized a non-magical mithril shirt for Craban would be slightly cheaper and enable enchanting next time, so please replace his +1 Studded Leather Barding (1,175) with Mithril Shirt Barding (1,100). That should leave Halad with 200 gp total.

Gryndel
2014-02-17, 11:41 AM
If possible, I'd also like to add a Traveler's Any-Tool (250 gp) to Halad's shopping list. And I just realized a non-magical mithril shirt for Craban would be slightly cheaper and enable enchanting next time, so please replace his +1 Studded Leather Barding (1,175) with Mithril Shirt Barding (1,100). That should leave Halad with 200 gp total.

I se no problem with any of this, excpet maybe getting critters to wear armor! :smallbiggrin: But I suspect Halad will convince them eventually.

Daryk
2014-02-17, 01:14 PM
Since they're both already wearing heavier barding (leather and padded), I think it'll be relatively easy to swap them into something lighter. :smallwink:

Grodech
2014-02-17, 01:49 PM
If possible, I'd also like to add a Traveler's Any-Tool (250 gp) to Halad's shopping list.

Never heard of this. Where's it from?

Gryndel
2014-02-17, 02:56 PM
With help of Qijol Ferdinand will buy the anklet of translocation. Further he makes a deposit of 600 gold to the church he's from.

Which leaves him with 6550 gold to keep for now.
Sounds good to me.


Never heard of this. Where's it from?

Indeed, now that I think about it neither have I, nor do I know what it can do or how often etc.

Daryk
2014-02-17, 10:09 PM
It's a Pathfinder thing, but so cool I had to ask:

Traveler's Any-Tool

Price 250 gp; Aura moderate transmutation; CL 9th; Weight 2 lbs.

This implement at first seems to be nothing but a 12-inch iron bar lined with small plates and spikes. It can be folded, twisted, hinged, and bent, to form almost any known tool. Hammers, shovels, even a block and tackle (without rope) are possible. It can duplicate any tool the wielder can clearly visualize that contains only limited moving parts, such as a pair of scissors, but not a handloom. It cannot be used to replace missing or broken parts of machines or vehicles unless a mundane tool would have done the job just as well.

The any-tool counts as a set of masterwork artisan's tools for most Craft or Profession skills (although very specialist crafts such as alchemy still require their own unique toolset). It is an ineffective weapon, always counting as an improvised weapon and never granting any masterwork bonus on attack rolls.

AtariHeRo
2014-02-17, 10:37 PM
I realized now that I gained a level, (technically lol) but didn't adjust my wealth, should I just add 9,000gp (the difference from 8-9th level?)

Gryndel
2014-02-20, 12:48 PM
I realized now that I gained a level, (technically lol) but didn't adjust my wealth, should I just add 9,000gp (the difference from 8-9th level?)

iirc I gave you close to the next level to start, but I'd have to recheck to be sure. However, that sounds reasonable to me anyway, so go ahead.

AtariHeRo
2014-02-22, 07:30 PM
oh, well then I'll just purchase:

Bag of Tricks (tan) (6,300gp)
Masterwork Thieving tools (330gp)

and we'll call it even?

Gryndel
2014-02-22, 08:28 PM
oh, well then I'll just purchase:

Bag of Tricks (tan) (6,300gp)
Masterwork Thieving tools (330gp)

and we'll call it even?

Sounds good to me

Daryk
2014-02-23, 01:21 AM
I'm travelling today for my job, and don't know what connectivity will be like where I'm going. Worst case, I'll be back next Saturday.

Gryndel
2014-03-01, 09:09 AM
OOC:
So gryndel I guess I can add the 6550 coins to my sheet and say that I made an donation of 600 gold to the church and payed 1400 for the anklets?

Sure, sounds ok to me.

Daryk
2014-03-01, 10:35 AM
I'm back home, and since I finally found a 110V UPS, my connectivity should be slightly more reliable.

AtariHeRo
2014-04-03, 01:58 AM
Yay we're back!

Daryk
2014-04-03, 05:20 AM
Indeed, though I'll admit to having some trouble adjusting to the new interface. The oddest change for me is the separation of the forum controls from the forum (the banner ads are now between them).

Gryndel
2014-04-06, 08:51 AM
Yeah a few things changed. I can't find the User CP, which I used often here. Oh well, just have to get used to the new look and layout.

I believe everything is ready to get restarted, to return to the dungeon. Let me know if there's any outstanding issues, or anything special to prepare before returning.

how this works now to see if it changed

Daryk
2014-04-06, 10:55 AM
Just above the banner ad, there's a row of drop down menus, the last one of which is "Quick Links". The second link under that menu is "Subscriptions", which is very much like the old User CP. At least that's what I've been using lately.

Gryndel
2014-04-06, 11:23 AM
Yeah, me too, its about the only thing even close. Though not the same function, at least it shows the subscribed threads so you can navigate to them from there. Alas, change is inevitable, and quite often what is lost is of greater value than what is gained, but such is life in our modern world of wayyyyyy too many engineers.

AtariHeRo
2014-04-08, 12:40 PM
Migration is always an option :p

Gryndel
2014-05-12, 07:22 PM
OK about to restart (again) and need to know where everyone is on the map...

So far I have:
Rukesh M9
Halad N12
Drynch R10
Frix will be where Roderick left; L12

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2928/13986642240_8d60d0d847_o.png

Daryk
2014-05-12, 09:21 PM
Ryn will be in N12 (against the wall), and Craban will be in the square with Halad.

Grodech
2014-05-13, 08:24 AM
I think we may have lost Joran (Freelance) for the time being.

Gryndel
2014-05-13, 11:20 AM
Ryn will be in N12 (against the wall), and Craban will be in the square with Halad.
You and your animals would have to leave and return in the same square with the one key.


I think we may have lost Joran (Freelance) for the time being.
I think so too. One of the beauties of the key is that he can rejoin you later if he returns to the site.

So all we need is Duskranger (Ferdinand) to confirm his location.

Daryk
2014-05-13, 01:08 PM
Oh! I didn't realize I could share a square with another Medium sized creature. Cool, thanks!

AtariHeRo
2014-05-13, 03:36 PM
Works for me, also for future reference Frix is Tiny, so he can occupy any square with you guys.

Gryndel
2014-05-14, 09:10 AM
Oh! I didn't realize I could share a square with another Medium sized creature. Cool, thanks!

From SRD:
In general, when the characters arenít engaged in round-by-round combat, they should be able to move anywhere and in any manner that you can imagine real people could. A 5-foot square, for instance, can hold several characters; they just canít all fight effectively in that small space.

Duskranger
2014-05-14, 09:16 AM
Sorry that I'm late.

I don't really know where I am anymore than you, so J10 will suffice for now.

Gryndel
2014-05-14, 10:27 AM
Your choice, its where you activated the key when you left, anticipating your return to the same spot. Its a good spot, having all the doors covered.

Duskranger
2014-05-14, 10:28 AM
In that case J10 certainly works

Daryk
2014-05-14, 01:53 PM
From SRD:
In general, when the characters arenít engaged in round-by-round combat, they should be able to move anywhere and in any manner that you can imagine real people could. A 5-foot square, for instance, can hold several characters; they just canít all fight effectively in that small space.

So we're not going to be in combat the instant we return to the dungeon? :smallbiggrin:

Gryndel
2014-05-14, 06:10 PM
So we're not going to be in combat the instant we return to the dungeon? :smallbiggrin:

I can neither confirm nor deny that. But if so, Halad would have some penalties until his turn :smallamused:

AtariHeRo
2014-05-16, 12:35 PM
Did the dice thread get eaten?

Gryndel
2014-05-16, 01:03 PM
I made a new one, the link in my sig is now active for that.

Grodech
2014-06-10, 12:17 PM
What's required for bashing the ice? Just a STR check, damage from your weapon, or what? If Rukesh takes out his heavy mace and starts pounding with both hands, what do I need to roll?

Gryndel
2014-06-10, 12:33 PM
What's required for bashing the ice? Just a STR check, damage from your weapon, or what? If Rukesh takes out his heavy mace and starts pounding with both hands, what do I need to roll?

I would judge he can smash his way through at least a few feet of ice each round, with his strength. If you prefer you can roll attack(s) and damage(s) if you want, and we'll go by the book on damaging objects etc. Either way will suffice, the latter is just more work and rolling.

Daryk
2014-08-10, 01:29 PM
It looks like I'll be offline for the next week or so. If I manage to find an internet connection I can use, I'll try to post at least once. If not, Halad is ready to shoot anything that threatens the guys opening the door, and I have no problem with Gryndel rolling for me.

Gryndel
2014-08-12, 10:48 AM
Rukesh gives a nod to Drynch, then gives the door a yank (assuming it opens inward, if outward, he will push instead).

Strength: [roll0]

You get +1 on all ability score checks from the Key, so this first roll succeeded. You can delete the other posts if you want, I don't think I can.

Grodech
2014-08-12, 07:07 PM
You get +1 on all ability score checks from the Key, so this first roll succeeded. You can delete the other posts if you want, I don't think I can.

*facepalm*

I always forget that one.

Daryk
2014-08-18, 11:58 AM
I'm back, so if I miss a post or something, please poke away!

Gryndel
2014-10-06, 02:24 PM
Well, it looks like we may have lost more players, bummer!

I'll try PMs in a day or three, in case some never saw the newest posts ic.

Duskranger
2014-10-06, 02:29 PM
Well, it looks like we may have lost more players, bummer!

I'll try PMs in a day or three, in case some never saw the newest posts ic.

Wait what there are new posts?

Daryk
2014-10-06, 09:48 PM
What he said! :scurries off to look at the IC thread:

Gryndel
2014-10-09, 11:44 AM
OK, not really new, but my latest post was answered only by Grodech. After reading the scene again, it may well be the others had nothing to add or say, and were waiting to see what, if anything, happened when the door was opened.

Daryk
2014-10-09, 12:39 PM
Guilty as charged... Halad was set up to shoot in support of whoever opened the door.

Grodech
2014-10-10, 07:29 AM
The room beyond was dark, but after some light was shone in they found that it was also empty

Rukesh has darkvision, which would have allowed him to see the room was empty without light.

Gryndel
2014-11-25, 01:56 PM
Sorry it took so long to reply guys. At first I was waiting to see if Ferdinand had more to add, then I got real busy in life. But I should be able to maintain a fairly decent pace for a while now.

Grodech
2014-11-25, 11:37 PM
woohoo! :smallbiggrin:

Gryndel
2015-04-09, 02:39 PM
I'm still in kinda, just not knowing what to do. Ferdinand is not really the take charge guy in my opinion.


I've been checking the site every day and am ready to go whenever you are, fearless GM!


You know me.
"As far as I'm concerned, I'm the only one that never left." -Joe Walsh, when asked about an Eagles reunion.

OK good, we'll wait a day or three to see if Atari replies.

Daryk
2015-04-16, 09:15 PM
Link to Halad's sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=82908

Grodech
2015-04-20, 03:12 PM
In terms of lighting, Drynch and Rukesh both have 60' darkvision, so if your PC needs light, you will need to provide it.

Duskranger
2015-04-20, 03:13 PM
How about magic weapons, do they still shed light?

Grodech
2015-04-20, 07:19 PM
From the D20srd:


Light Generation

Fully 30% of magic weapons shed light equivalent to a light spell (bright light in a 20-foot radius, shadowy light in a 40-foot radius). These glowing weapons are quite obviously magical. Such a weapon canít be concealed when drawn, nor can its light be shut off. Some of the specific weapons detailed below always or never glow, as defined in their descriptions.

So I guess it depends on the roll of the dice. I prefer mine didn't, but I suppose if it's found that way, there's no other option. DM ruling?

Duskranger
2015-04-21, 02:45 AM
From the D20srd:



So I guess it depends on the roll of the dice. I prefer mine didn't, but I suppose if it's found that way, there's no other option. DM ruling?

Well the point is Ferdinand does not have Darkvision, so he needs light. So it's the light of the weapon or magical ligt in another way. He will need it.

Gryndel
2015-04-21, 04:51 AM
Unless you have a weapon that specifically lists whether it sheds light or not, I'll let you choose which option you want for your current weapons. If it includes one of the weapon energy powers (flaming, frost, shocking, etc), when those powers are activated it glows slightly (5' radius).

Please note if any magic weapons you have DOES shed light on your sheet.

By the way, I still need a link to Ferdinand.

Duskranger
2015-04-22, 12:14 PM
Sheet of Ferdinand: http://coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=12073

And my weapon does shed light. A light imitating the first rays of the sun coming through the clouds of a rainy day.

Daryk
2015-05-01, 01:48 PM
Oops... forgot initiative: [roll0]

Gryndel
2015-05-01, 02:46 PM
Even before initiative we need to see what happens with Rukesh. If he falls in or succeeds on his save and moves into the room, the other two must jump over a 5' open pit. Since there's not enough room to get a running start the DC is double, so DC 10. This would be easy (auto success) for Halad and not too hard for Ferdinand (anything but a 1). However, there would only be enough room for one of you to get an angle to shoot into the room from D16, unless one of you can float over D17.

Duskranger
2015-05-01, 02:56 PM
Even before initiative we need to see what happens with Rukesh. If he falls in or succeeds on his save and moves into the room, the other two must jump over a 5' open pit. Since there's not enough room to get a running start the DC is double, so DC 10. This would be easy (auto success) for Halad and not too hard for Ferdinand (anything but a 1). However, there would only be enough room for one of you to get an angle to shoot into the room from D16, unless one of you can float over D17.

I guess I can't but does not really matter. Though I guess Ferdinand reacts a bit faster than Halad does.

Gryndel
2015-05-04, 09:51 AM
Since he is way ahead of Halad in initiative, is Ferdinand going to try jumping over the open pit? Or since Rukesh fell in is going to attempt a rescue of some kind?

Duskranger
2015-05-04, 10:03 AM
Saving Rukesh seems to be the best way to go first.

I did forget my rope though so is it possible to save him without it?

Gryndel
2015-05-04, 10:22 AM
The pit is only 10' deep and Rukesh is over 6' tall. Even with all his equipment, Ferdinand is strong enough to pull him out. So I'll say he can do it if Ferdinand lays prone at the edge of the pit and reaches down as Rukesh reaches up. I'll write that up in the 1st round post after you edit your post for that action.

Grodech
2015-05-04, 01:22 PM
Rukesh is immune to acid, btw.

Duskranger
2015-05-04, 01:23 PM
Rukesh is immune to acid, btw.

Than I guess you can climb out yourself without any problem :P.

Daryk
2015-05-04, 02:10 PM
So... who's taking the shot at the cube?

Duskranger
2015-05-04, 02:17 PM
So... who's taking the shot at the cube?

I guess I will with a double serving of scorching ray, unless allies make it clear it would be unwise to do that.

Gryndel
2015-05-04, 04:45 PM
Rukesh is immune to acid, btw.

He is, frak! Well I'll edit the post slightly then.


Than I guess you can climb out yourself without any problem :P.
Still 10' deep, so might not be so easy.


I guess I will with a double serving of scorching ray, unless allies make it clear it would be unwise to do that.
To get into position you still have to jump over the pit, DC 10.

Duskranger
2015-05-04, 04:50 PM
I think Halad can best help Drynch. It's not in Ferdinands nature to let Rhukesh stay in the pit for long.

Gryndel
2015-05-04, 05:03 PM
Very good! Besides, Rukesh is one of those who should do well against this particular monster, being immune to acid.

By the way, any interest in a drow game? It is one I was running a few years ago and I'm restarting it. If so, the link is in my sig (House Min'Doan), check it out and let me know.

Duskranger
2015-05-04, 05:05 PM
I adjusted my post. Just so you know.

And Drow are not for me. Too schemy, I am a bit too honest for that.

Gryndel
2015-09-03, 08:32 PM
Ferdinand

Ferdinand will move into the room, if possible to use his magic without hitting anyone, he will use a fireball on the dragon, hoping that it will hurt it. If not possible to use a fireball without hurting his allies he wil use a scorching ray.


If fireball: he will hit for [roll0] of fire damage

If scorching ray:
Ray 1: [roll1] for [roll2] fire damage
Ray 2:[roll3] for [roll4] fire damage

Besides that he will try to use wings of cover if necessary, trying to protect himself and preferably his allies (preferred position: H7)


By pelors light be burned, by his fire be purged. Ferdinand looks at the dragon hoping it will attack him and not his allies.

Since Rukesh went before Ferdinand in initiative, the scorching ray applies here, and both hit! Either spell requires you to roll a caster level check (1d20+Caster Level) to overcome the dragon's spell resistance. Roll just once for the scorching ray spell, result applies to both rays from that spell.

Duskranger
2015-09-04, 10:23 AM
Well let's see what happens: [roll0].

Grodech
2015-09-04, 02:53 PM
Well let's see what happens: [roll0].

Man I hate the forum dice roller...

Duskranger
2015-09-04, 03:10 PM
Man I hate the forum dice roller...

Me top at this moment, on the other hand the attacks werd mostly to get the dragons attention and hopefully this worked

Daryk
2015-09-05, 08:08 AM
I've been offline the last week trying to set up internet at my new apartment. I hope to have it straightened out next week.

Gryndel
2015-09-05, 08:12 AM
I've been offline the last week trying to set up internet at my new apartment. I hope to have it straightened out next week.

Thanks for letting us know.

Grodech
2015-09-08, 04:15 PM
Going to throw Rukesh' reflex save here.
Reflex: [roll0]

This dice roller hates me, so I'm not expecting to save...

Daryk
2015-09-08, 06:33 PM
I was finally able to run cable through the floor, and now have regular access to the internet. Ready to roll when you are, oh fearless DM!

Gryndel
2015-09-09, 10:16 AM
Drynch Rd 2
Attack (+ battle intuition 1/4) [roll0]
Damage [roll]1d10+8[roll]
Electricity [roll1]
Fire [roll2]

Gryndel
2015-09-09, 10:18 AM
Damage [roll0]

Gryndel
2015-09-09, 10:30 AM
Dragon Rd 2
Bite Attack (AC 27) [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Gryndel
2015-09-09, 10:34 AM
Dragon critical chance
Bite Attack (AC 27) [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Snatch (Grapple) [roll2] vs Drynch [roll3]

Gryndel
2015-09-09, 10:43 AM
Dragon critical chance
Bite Attack (AC 27) [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Snatch (Grapple) [roll2] vs Drynch [roll3]

The grapple should be +31, but still succeeds.

Ooops, all those should be in the dice thread, well not going to reroll now.

Grodech
2015-09-09, 01:47 PM
*facepalm*
Requesting permission to use my actual dice. :smallfurious:

Daryk
2015-09-09, 07:27 PM
Me too... it seems I can't roll above a 10 at the moment...

Gryndel
2015-09-10, 08:22 AM
You guys are killing me with this stuff, and literally killing Drynch!

Tell you what, after reviewing the recent spat of really bad rolls, and since I don't like the dice dictating EVERYTHING that happens in the game, I'll let you reroll the last round to include attacks and damage. It does seem you both have had some really bad luck with that forum roller lately, not always, but lately especially.

The dragon is meant to be a tough challenge certainly, but not set up for a TPK!

Drynch has a few tricks up his sleeve. But I suppose if things get real bad he could use his key and escape death.

So, try again, and good luck!

Grodech
2015-09-10, 08:48 AM
Rerolling attacks:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Damage, if anything hits:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Grodech
2015-09-10, 08:50 AM
ooh, natural 20. I guess there's a first time for everything.

Critical chance:
[roll0]
Additional Damage if it hits (unless you just want to double the previous roll)
[roll1]


And back to the low rolls - lol

Daryk
2015-09-10, 07:02 PM
Here's hoping the die roller is as kind as the DM...

To Hit #1: [roll0]
Damage #1: [roll1]
To Hit #2: [roll2]
Damage #2: [roll3]
To Hit #3: [roll4]
Damage #3: [roll5]

Gryndel
2015-09-13, 05:57 AM
The link I have to your old myth weaver sheets are no longer valid. So could you post a link to the new version for me?

Grodech
2015-09-13, 10:04 AM
The one in my signature is up to date.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=29226

Daryk
2015-09-13, 05:14 PM
Oh right... I forgot about the "upgrade". This link should work: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=328161

Duskranger
2015-09-14, 09:39 AM
My sheet is not posted on mythweavers, but hereby: http://coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=12073

Gryndel
2015-09-30, 11:19 AM
We need to have a post from Ferdinand! :smalleek:

Duskranger
2015-09-30, 02:38 PM
We need to have a post from Ferdinand! :smalleek:

Sorry :smallredface:

Daryk
2015-10-08, 07:22 PM
Darn it... I jacked up the roll tags and couldn't fix them with an edit. Here are my to hit rolls:
To Hit #1: [roll0]
To Hit #2: [roll1]
To Hit #3: [roll2]

Grodech
2015-10-09, 11:54 AM
Darn it... I jacked up the roll tags and couldn't fix them with an edit. Here are my to hit rolls:
To Hit #1: [roll0]
To Hit #2: [roll1]
To Hit #3: [roll2]

Yeah, rolls don't work in edits. Keeps you from fudging them or rerolling if you don't like the outcome. (Like mine - lol)

Daryk
2015-10-09, 05:13 PM
Yeah, I also play on Myth Weavers, and the system works differently over there. If you move or delete rolls, the board appends a notice to your post to that effect.

Gryndel
2015-10-14, 10:49 AM
Are you doing critical misses, Gryn? The dice roller gave me a lovely 1 on the first attack...

Attack 1 Critical miss chance? (1d20+12)[15]

Yes, and even though that isn't a very good roll it isn't a "fumble" in my book, so just a bad miss.

Duskranger
2015-10-14, 10:54 AM
If you take a 5' step to D4 then yes! We'll assume you did and I'll add it into those rolls.

Yeah, yes I did :smallsmile: thanks.

Daryk
2015-10-19, 07:48 PM
*bangs on the die roller*

Is this darn thing rolling a d10 or a d20??

Gryndel
2015-10-20, 02:12 PM
*bangs on the die roller*

Is this darn thing rolling a d10 or a d20??

As a group you three have had the worst run of dice roll luck I've seen in a long time! It's been so bad I even let you reroll a whole round, which I've never done before. I like to let the random dice results guide how battle goes, makes it a little more realistic to me, but we can't let this terribly horrible run of bad luck dictate how the game goes either.

Keep trying, after all Grodech just rolled a 20, you just got an 18, and many of your misses are just barely misses at all. But if things continue on as they have been I'll intervene somehow.

Duskranger
2015-10-20, 02:16 PM
How high is the DC to cast defensively. I can't really remember the rules for it and I am thinking to use my fist of stone to give me more strength.

If the concentration check is too high though I will just use normal attacks.

Gryndel
2015-10-20, 02:18 PM
How high is the DC to cast defensively. I can't really remember the rules for it and I am thinking to use my fist of stone to give me more strength.

If the concentration check is too high though I will just use normal attacks.

DC 15 + spell level

Duskranger
2015-10-20, 02:20 PM
DC 15 + spell level

Thanks, post will be up momentarily.

I love the dice roller.

Gryndel
2015-10-23, 12:59 PM
I didn't have access to your sheets when I posted (from work), so if anything is off or missed I'll edit tonight (or when others notice and post).

This is certainly one of the toughest battles in this game, as it was intended. But you guys are cutting it very close, mostly due to the bad rolls. I pulled one out for Drynch, somatic weaponry allowing him to try casting in a grapple. This may not be purely RAW, but I decided it was close enough for this hard combat. It was either that or use the key to escape, leaving you guys without a healer.

If you guys win this, it will be a battle to remember, worthy of bards world wide to exploit for centuries!

Duskranger
2015-10-23, 03:55 PM
The moment the dragon tries to attack me I use Wings of Cover to make him miss the attack. Every first attack against Ferdinand every round will get that effect (untill Ferdinand has no 2nd level spells left)

Daryk
2015-10-23, 04:56 PM
I suppose more than three hits in a row was too much to ask...

Gryndel
2015-10-30, 11:09 AM
The moment the dragon tries to attack me I use Wings of Cover to make him miss the attack. Every first attack against Ferdinand every round will get that effect (untill Ferdinand has no 2nd level spells left)

In which book is this Wings of Cover found?

Duskranger
2015-10-31, 02:48 AM
In which book is this Wings of Cover found?

Races of the Dragon. It's a sorceror spell with a enormous upside if you are Dragonblooded (which Ferdinand is sadly not)

Gryndel
2015-11-01, 08:09 AM
Races of the Dragon. It's a sorceror spell with a enormous upside if you are Dragonblooded (which Ferdinand is sadly not)

Nice, I edited the post for round 6 to reflect this spell, causing the dragon bite to miss Ferdinand.

Still need an action for Ferdinand in round 7...

Duskranger
2015-11-01, 02:56 PM
Nice, I edited the post for round 6 to reflect this spell, causing the dragon bite to miss Ferdinand.

Still need an action for Ferdinand in round 7...

Sorry for posting a bit late. But post is up.

Daryk
2015-11-01, 08:52 PM
And the roller still hates us...

Daryk
2015-11-06, 07:50 PM
I'm too afraid to go back and count how many 25s we rolled. Missing by one that many times has got to be some kind of record...

Grodech
2015-11-16, 08:18 PM
Would a survival check be required for knowing how to skin a dragon?

If so: [roll0]

Daryk
2015-11-17, 04:39 AM
Well, at least we didn't roll 25s...

Gryndel
2015-11-17, 07:37 AM
All those 25s made me think how useful it would've been had Drynch cast Bless or Prayer!

It was a most unusual set of rolls, missing by 1 so often.

Gryndel
2015-11-17, 07:40 AM
Would a survival check be required for knowing how to skin a dragon?

If so: [roll0]

Good question. Skin a deer, a rabbit, etc; yes survival would certainly be indicated. I'm not sure skinning a dragon would be something many would learn or know to survive. But it's the closest thing we have, so we'll go with it.

I figured since Drynch has craft armor he would know something about it too.

Grodech
2015-12-15, 10:07 AM
Where did the diamond come from? I don't recall anything about it and don't see any mention of it during the last trip into deephold.

Gryndel
2015-12-15, 10:28 AM
Uhm, yeah sorry about that, I kinda dropped the ball on that one. In this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19206384&postcount=642) I mentioned that there was a "crystal" among the coins and failed to mention it again in later posts. I should've posted that it was a diamond, not a crystal, and that detect magic revealed that it was enchanted.

Anyway, bonus for you guys, since nobody ever realized it was there! :smalltongue:

I think there were magic items collected on the journey to Ryclend and from the ruins above. I believe they were evenly distributed previously and that everyone got something. Back then we had more players too, so we'll call it even up to this point. Since this is the first magic item you've found in the dungeon itself we can start from a clean slate as to splitting.

Now we can handle it in a variety of ways, as always, and I leave it mostly up to the players to decide how that is done. Of course Drynch will have a say in it, but only as an equal vote if we have a difference.

So we can split all monetary treasures equally and keep track of who gets magic items. Once you get a magic item you sit out until everyone gets one (or more) of approximately the same value.

We can have magic items be part of the overall treasure value and whoever gets one deducts that amount from the other treasure they get to make it absolutely even across the board.

We group items and decide who would best use it for the good of the group as a whole and not count it as equivalent to monetary value at all.

If you discover items nobody wants that makes it very easy, just sell it and split the money evenly.

There are other options I've seen in games as well, but again I leave up to you guys to decide how to do this. While we can discuss it some here, I'd prefer this be done in character. It could well be true that we've done this already in the early stages of the game, and I'll go back to review if this is true. I will say that this is NOT the last magic item you will find, and certainly not the most valuable. In fact, I have some rather special surprises in store... :smallwink:

Grodech
2015-12-15, 01:29 PM
What Rukesh is proposing works like this:

Say the sell value of the crystal is 2000 gp (note I said sell value, not full value, because if we sell it outright, we'd only be able to get the sell value for it). Add the 720 gp worth of coin to get 2720. Divide that by the 5 of us to get 544 gold each. If someone wants the crystal, they'd have to either come up with the additional 1456 gp to purchase the crystal, or they'd owe the rest of the group that amount the next time treasure comes about. Or we could keep it as a group item that one person is using and drop it into the treasure pile at a later point so that they could take it as part of their cut. This gives us the chance to purchase magic items that we run across at basically half cost. Anyone that drops out of the game without having paid up would cause the item to come back into play as treasure. The other option here is that if nobody can pay the sell value at the split, it automatically gets sold.

If more than one person wanted the crystal, they could bid for it starting at the sell value. It wouldn't make any sense to go higher than the purchase value, because at that point you could just go buy another one, but you could still get the item at less than the purchase value this way.

I usually also make a suggestion about generating a group fund here, where a cut of the total take gets put into an account for purchasing things for the group (meals, hotels, fees, etc), but given the nature of this particular game, that doesn't make any sense.

Daryk
2015-12-15, 09:24 PM
Works for me, though I'll say Halad will be interested in any small protective magic items (e.g., bracers of defense, rings of protection, etc.) for his companion and familiar.

Gryndel
2015-12-16, 11:15 AM
Gryndel, would you possibly know how much money I would have. My sheet apparently ate my money (as it is invisible). I would like mostly to heal myself now and for that I probably also need to make a donation. I will guess that Ferdinand will be able to pay for it, so I will continue onwards as if he was.

I thought I had all these details listed on my character sheet notes. But I seem to be missing the money part for everyone. Thinking it was lost in the transfer to the new sheets, I also looked on his old sheet on mythweavers, no luck. I can certainly go back and add up what treasures were obtained, approximate how much of that Ferdinand would've received, and deduct any he obviously spent. As I recall they gained some money on the way into the dungeon, maybe some during the journey there, and certainly some in the ruins before descending. I'll have to look in my notes at home to be sure, but I also believe this is the first time they found any actual treasure in the dungeon.

Whatever turns out to be the case, the reason you asked is moot, since the priests at the temple healed him for free. He can always return and make a donation at some later time.

Also, once I get home I can check the sheets of the others and compare what Ferdinand might have to that.

Duskranger
2015-12-16, 12:29 PM
I thought I had all these details listed on my character sheet notes. But I seem to be missing the money part for everyone. Thinking it was lost in the transfer to the new sheets, I also looked on his old sheet on mythweavers, no luck. I can certainly go back and add up what treasures were obtained, approximate how much of that Ferdinand would've received, and deduct any he obviously spent. As I recall they gained some money on the way into the dungeon, maybe some during the journey there, and certainly some in the ruins before descending. I'll have to look in my notes at home to be sure, but I also believe this is the first time they found any actual treasure in the dungeon.

Whatever turns out to be the case, the reason you asked is moot, since the priests at the temple healed him for free. He can always return and make a donation at some later time.

Also, once I get home I can check the sheets of the others and compare what Ferdinand might have to that.

In that case let's just say that Ferdinand made a very royal deposit in the Donation box and gave food to the poor, homeless and hungry (it befits him to do that) and start anew with about 0 money.
So no problem.

Gryndel
2015-12-16, 12:39 PM
In that case let's just say that Ferdinand made a very royal deposit in the Donation box and gave food to the poor, homeless and hungry (it befits him to do that) and start anew with about 0 money.
So no problem.

I'm ok with that, and it makes him sort of a local hero, especially to the poor.

Duskranger
2015-12-16, 12:41 PM
I'm ok with that, and it makes him sort of a local hero, especially to the poor.

That would probably make him blush. Ferdinand is no hero, he just does not like it to see people suffer and be hungry. Defender of the poor and such. He is just that nice of a guy

Daryk
2015-12-16, 07:58 PM
I have a +2 Amulet of Natural Armor on my character sheet with the note "loot", and another note about Halad's original +1 Amulet going to Ryn. As for money, Halad as 221 gp and small change... that looks like divided loot to me too.

Gryndel
2015-12-17, 11:30 AM
I'll go back through the old posts and see what I can find as far as loot goes, I'm pretty sure we had some to split and did just before entering the dungeon.

That diamond is valued at 8000 gp. It seems this was the game where the players received more than the normal half cost when selling items, but I'll also check on that in my search.

So that means if we add it all up, presuming half cost for that diamond, the total value of treasure would be substantially greater; 4720 gp value total, or 1180 each. So by the proposed system if someone wants the diamond they would get no money and owe the group 2820 gp. At this point I'm very certain nobody has that kind of cash.

I'll have to double check my notes at home, but I think Drynch still owes his cousin the armorer money from last time for replacing the armor that got destroyed. While that diamond is a very nice item, which could be used by just about anybody, at this point it seems the best solution would be to sell it. Though Drynch really likes the idea of having DR5, he doesn't want to sink into further debt at this point.

Gryndel
2015-12-17, 01:26 PM
Indeed, you were getting 60% of book value for items sold. So that diamond would fetch 4800 gp, added to the 600 for the dragon hide and the 1200 sp found, the total is 5520, or 1380 each. So if someone wants the diamond for their own it would be their share plus 3420 gp.

Previous division included adding the sale value of all magic together with money collected then dividing by the number of characters involved. Each person got an equal share, and could take an item if their share covered it. An agreement to allow debt in the case of an item being higher value than a treasure share was reached.

So, the previous division came to 8550 gp each, and most took at least some of their share in magic item(s).

This post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17163519&postcount=594) is where the final details of values is located for that earlier split. It looks like some of the details were worked out in the ooc thread, which should be around the same date if you're interested. But primarily, we have a system worked out for splitting treasure.

Grodech
2015-12-17, 04:16 PM
It seems Rukesh' money disappeared in the sheet transfer as well. Luckily it was still in the old sheet. He still had 2550 of the previous loot, but he's saving for a belt of giant strength...

Gryndel
2015-12-17, 10:33 PM
As the group discussed selling the diamond, a quiet argument between Halad and his familiar became somewhat louder.

Craban
"But Master! It's sooooo shiny! Please?"

Halad

Sighing, the elf finally conceded, "All right, all right..."

Turning to the group, he said, "If I may, I'll go into debt on behalf of my familiar for the diamond."


Blackwing would be sooooo proud!

This made me laugh several times, including reading it again while posting this.

At first I wondered how the raven could use an armor crystal. After looking on Halad's sheet I noticed, and remembered going through this, that the raven has custom made MIthril Shirt barding!

Daryk
2015-12-18, 05:08 AM
Thanks! It struck me that since none of the front line folks were interested, it was exactly the kind of thing that could save the raven's bacon AND be something he'd want just because it's shiiiiinyyyyy... :smallbiggrin:

Grodech
2015-12-18, 12:59 PM
So three of us split 600 gp (200 each) and 1200 sp (400 each) and Halad owes us 3420 gp collectively.

I have adjusted Rukesh' sheet accordingly.

Daryk
2016-01-11, 08:25 PM
Halad's actually in the room, right?

Gryndel
2016-01-11, 08:40 PM
Yes, that map was just for reference to coordinates, not a rendering of where people actually are right now.

Daryk
2016-01-12, 04:12 AM
Thanks, just checking...

Gryndel
2016-02-02, 02:02 PM
Sorry gang, I've been swamped lately!

Since there are no threats pending, and no bad result for failure, I'm going to assume everyone takes 20 on this search of the walls for secret doors. There is indeed one or more, and I'll include them in the map with the next game post.

Grodech
2016-02-03, 09:46 AM
No worries Gryn. Thus is the nature of play-by-post.

Duskranger
2016-02-03, 10:40 AM
I guess it would be everyone except Ferdinand, who is keeping an eye out as a guard.

Daryk
2016-02-22, 08:12 PM
Looks like the dice demons are back... I see a five, a five, and a seven for Halad's to hit rolls.

Gryndel
2016-02-22, 08:17 PM
Well, at least they didn't all miss by 1! :smallwink:

Daryk
2016-02-23, 04:33 AM
This is true... we'll see how they do for everyone else...

Duskranger
2016-02-23, 10:01 AM
Knowing Ferdinand, and knowing the creature did not ping as evil, he will be reluctant to attack it.

Grodech
2016-02-23, 11:13 AM
Halad
"A target," Halad said, loosing his first arrow, then rapidly drawing and firing the others. After he loosed the third, he took a step forward.


At Halad's turn, Rukesh is going to be standing in the doorway, with Drynch still in front of him. I don't know that Halad will have a clean shot.

Gryndel
2016-02-23, 11:46 AM
At Halad's turn, Rukesh is going to be standing in the doorway, with Drynch still in front of him. I don't know that Halad will have a clean shot.

He has precise shot, which I'll grant gives him enough accuracy to fire past them both with no penalty.

Daryk
2016-02-23, 06:37 PM
I'll cheerfully take that!

Gryndel
2016-02-24, 10:47 AM
Given the amount of damage you guys accumulate so very fast, I should start making it harder to hit, not easier!

Well, each of you is optimized over average to inflict serious harm to any enemy, so I'm not surprised.

Grodech
2016-03-02, 07:16 AM
Rukesh can move into the room and past Drynch if he wants, it would provoke an AoO. Is he delaying his action, which puts him at init 9 after Drynch? Or he could take a 5í step forward and prepare to do the same next round after Drynch moves, which would delay his init, or just wait another round.

Sorry - I though I answered this already. Rukesh will take a 5 foot step into the small hallway then wait for Drynch to move over. He will ready an action to attack from the doorway on the odd chance that the thing moves within range before his next turn.

Grodech
2016-03-08, 01:00 PM
How thick is the ice on the floor?

Gryndel
2016-03-09, 01:30 PM
How thick is the ice on the floor?

Hard to tell without chipping through to the floor, but likely no more than a few inches at most.

Grodech
2016-03-09, 03:32 PM
I was just thinking that it might be better to have him melt the ice on the floor, not the door, so we could get footing to pull it open. Is the ice on the floor such that it would prevent the door from opening? Or does it look like the gap on the bottom of the door might be high enough to clear the ice?

Gryndel
2016-03-09, 04:55 PM
The ice on the floor would not prevent the door from opening, but it would be harder to open if that ice remains. Same for the ice around the door edges. Melting all the ice on and around the door would be the best solution.

Daryk
2016-03-28, 06:39 AM
Well then!

Critical Confirm: [roll0]
Critical Damage if it hits: [roll1]

Daryk
2016-03-28, 06:40 AM
I hope I didn't just suck all the 20s out of the roller for this fight...

Daryk
2016-03-29, 03:42 AM
Is Halad "in the room" for purposes of the reflex check? Also, was the fact he needs to use silver arrows adequately communicated?

Grodech
2016-03-29, 07:45 AM
Is Halad "in the room" for purposes of the reflex check? Also, was the fact he needs to use silver arrows adequately communicated?

Rukesh communicated anything in the post that was a result of his knowledge check. There is no mention of using silver in that information.

Gryndel
2016-03-29, 09:20 AM
Indeed, and I saw nothing in the entry about silver arrows, either in the ice devil or devil in general. It does have DR 10/good, but Rukesh didn't roll well enough to know that.

Daryk
2016-03-29, 05:00 PM
Ah, I must be thinking back to 1e...

Grodech
2016-03-30, 08:57 AM
If he moves within 10' it invokes AoO from the reach of large creature.

I'll edit the last game post to reflect your healing.

If he moves via N8, M8, M9, L10, he should be able to avoid the AOO, correct? The only thing I'm not sure of is the distance. If the hallway between the rooms is also iced over, then he couldn't make L10 and would have to move N8, M8, L9, ending in L9 with his one move action at half speed.

Also - your statement about movement - is it move at half speed or make the reflex save, or is it move at half speed and you still have to make the reflex save?

Gryndel
2016-03-30, 09:12 AM
If he moves via N8, M8, M9, L10, he should be able to avoid the AOO, correct? The only thing I'm not sure of is the distance. If the hallway between the rooms is also iced over, then he couldn't make L10 and would have to move N8, M8, L9, ending in L9 with his one move action at half speed.

Also - your statement about movement - is it move at half speed or make the reflex save, or is it move at half speed and you still have to make the reflex save?

The hallway between rooms is not iced over.

L10 is within 10' of the devil, so moving there by any route invokes AoO.

As the ice, good point, I wasn't very clear there. Trying to move full speed would invoke something like a save every 5', or some other such ridiculous penalty, so I just made it half move. At the end of each round in which you move you need to make the reflex save to stay on your feet. If you don't move no save is needed.

Grodech
2016-03-30, 10:11 AM
L10 is within 10' of the devil, so moving there by any route invokes AoO.

Same for L9 then, correct? If so, then he'll move to M9.

Daryk
2016-03-30, 05:22 PM
I'm confused... the arrow that rolled 31 did 13 points of damage, so DR/10 should have only taken it down to 3, not zero. Am I missing something?

Gryndel
2016-03-30, 05:48 PM
I'm confused... the arrow that rolled 31 did 13 points of damage, so DR/10 should have only taken it down to 3, not zero. Am I missing something?

Yes, even the basic version in the srd has AC 32, hence my comment about casting prayer first. This one may or may not be better, but its at least that.

Daryk
2016-03-30, 07:00 PM
Ah, righto!

Grodech
2016-04-05, 08:23 AM
I think Rukesh will only be able to hit this thing on a natural 20.

Gryndel
2016-04-05, 11:20 AM
Yeah, when I originally created this dungeon level I was working on the assumption that:

there would be 5-7 PCs
the group would take on the goblins and the cleric before this part of the dungeon (silly me)
the group would be higher level before reaching this point (see 2)


Well, now that we're into it, I have a contingency plan. It may be a slight stretch, but should still fit within the context of this fantasy. Chin up, best foot forward, press on, and all that rot!

Daryk
2016-04-06, 03:17 AM
I had thought we were going to go back for the goblins, but we haven't done it yet. I should be able to get a post up tonight, but Halad is going to drop to two arrows per round (the third needs a natural 20 to hit).

Grodech
2016-04-19, 01:27 PM
If you power attack and roll a natural 20 on the attack roll, does it still hit regardless of the final number?

Gryndel
2016-04-20, 07:56 AM
If you power attack and roll a natural 20 on the attack roll, does it still hit regardless of the final number?

Yes, a natural 20 is always a hit. So if you need a 20 to hit, you might as well max out power attack.

If I haven't said it before I designed this dungeon presuming there'd be more players. While I was hoping you'd take on the goblins first, the way the tunnels came out left open the possibility of coming this way first. I should've factored in the numbers in this combat and changed it, but there it is, too late now. But worry not, it isn't a set up for TPK and I have an alternative if you guys don't roll incredibly well soon and whoop up on this demon devil.

Grodech
2016-04-20, 08:34 AM
Yes, a natural 20 is always a hit. So if you need a 20 to hit, you might as well max out power attack.

If I haven't said it before I designed this dungeon presuming there'd be more players. While I was hoping you'd take on the goblins first, the way the tunnels came out left open the possibility of coming this way first. I should've factored in the numbers in this combat and changed it, but there it is, too late now. But worry not, it isn't a set up for TPK and I have an alternative if you guys don't roll incredibly well soon and whoop up on this demon.

You have said it before. Yeah - we should have stopped at the dragon - lol.

Duskranger
2016-05-08, 09:34 AM
I would like to have a map. Especially since I want to cast glitterdust, to kick the demon down a notch in the armorclass department if possible, and I do not want to hit my allies.

Gryndel
2016-05-08, 10:03 AM
I would like to have a map. Especially since I want to cast glitterdust, to kick the demon down a notch in the armorclass department if possible, and I do not want to hit my allies.

OK I added it in my latest game post. Sorry, forgot I had to edit that map.

Duskranger
2016-05-08, 10:13 AM
If that creature fails it save hitting it gets a lot easier ( it loses dex to AC and gets -2 AC for 7 turns). So that seems like a good investment.

Grodech
2016-05-09, 08:07 AM
Unfortunately, it will probably only fail the will save on a roll of 1.

Duskranger
2016-05-09, 09:46 AM
Unfortunately, it will probably only fail the will save on a roll of 1.

Still I can try don't I

Grodech
2016-05-09, 02:07 PM
With the way this roller rolls, it's a distinct possibility.

Duskranger
2016-05-09, 02:11 PM
Besides, Even with my +3 added to the attack and damage I do not really think I could hit him well. But I can at least try to be annoying and with luck, who knows.

Most of my damage spells are sadly fire and will not work. My blade is not really hitting him as long as his armor is that great. So yeah, being annoying is the only thing I can do.

Gryndel
2016-05-10, 02:06 PM
I'll post the save and a game post later today.

Ferdinand could always just pray for a miracle, they've been known to happen on rare occasions. :smallbiggrin:

Duskranger
2016-05-11, 12:06 PM
This is the moment I wish I had the spell banishment.

And that I noticed the enormous glaring weakness that is called, not the right spells at this moment.

Gryndel
2016-05-12, 11:06 AM
Rukesh drops his sword and shield and [don't know -what would he do given where he is? Cower in the corner at G7? Flee down the stairs? Try to go back out the door they came in?]

The affect acts as Fear spell. Per that spell you are panicked, meaning that you flee in a random direction to get away from the source of fear. It mentions using special abilities, including spells, so I'd say that also includes items. So he might also use his key to escape. Since the doorway out is currently blocked enough to prevent him from leaving, the options are (1) flee down the stairs or (2) use the key.

So we'll just roll random:
[roll0]

Gryndel
2016-05-12, 11:07 AM
So fleeing down the stairs it is! Of course leaving the area will mean an AoO too, with no shield.

Grodech
2016-05-16, 07:56 AM
Been nice knowing you, Rukesh. LOL

I never even thought about using the key to flee. It's too bad the panicked text says that they drop everything they are holding.

Duskranger
2016-05-16, 08:02 AM
Been nice knowing you, Rukesh. LOL

I never even thought about using the key to flee. It's too bad the panicked text says that they drop everything they are holding.

It's not the fleeing part that makes it troublesome, it's the coming back, because you arrive at the spot you left. And the demon is there waiting on you.

Grodech
2016-05-16, 08:05 AM
If you think about it, everything we've encountered has been getting progressively worse. The dragon was guarding the door to the demon, the demon is guarding the stairwell to....? Now Rukesh has rushed down the stairs without his sword and shield. Hopefully he'll come to his senses before encountering anything even more deadly than the demon. Maybe we'll get lucky and it's just the treasure room. :smalltongue:

Duskranger
2016-05-16, 08:25 AM
Filled with mimics with our luck. But if there is nothing the key is a solid option.

Daryk
2016-05-16, 06:00 PM
And we can ask him if it's actually worth going down the stairs once we're all back at the tavern.

Gryndel
2016-05-19, 09:00 AM
Rukesh got hit on the AoO as he fled, and still needs to roll a fort save DC 23 [at -2 panicked & +1 Prayer] or be slowed from cold.

Duskranger
2016-05-19, 10:08 AM
How is the wall of ice doing?

Gryndel
2016-05-19, 10:12 AM
How is the wall of ice doing?

I added the following into rd 6 post:

Halad continued hacking at the hole in the ice wall, trying to make it big enough for the others to use as an escape route. He mad substantial progress to that end.

Ferdinand prayed as he also hacked at the ice wall, trying to make an escape avenue. Between he and Halad, they managed to create a hole big enough for a person to fit through.

So by rd 7, which we're doing now, its big enough to get through.

Grodech
2016-05-20, 09:44 AM
Rukesh got hit on the AoO as he fled, and still needs to roll a fort save DC 23 [at -2 panicked & +1 Prayer] or be slowed from cold.

Sorry - missed that. I'd just like to add that I think it's stupid that a mind affecting condition reduces a fortitude save.

Fort [bonus 13 -2 +1 = 12]: [roll0]

Gryndel
2016-07-29, 08:28 AM
You guys are so close to gaining a level I'm just going to let you do it now. That should give you a little better chance of avoiding the devil for now and dealing with what's left in this level of the dungeon.

Duskranger
2016-07-29, 09:59 AM
Awesome, I will fix my level up this weekend. If that's allright.

Edit: I think the level up would give me the ability to take care that Rhukesh could come to us. If I take polymorph and change him into a blink dog, so he could dimension door to us.:smallbiggrin:
Or would the spell Polymorph be considered do not use Gryndel?

Gryndel
2016-07-29, 12:03 PM
Awesome, I will fix my level up this weekend. If that's allright.

Edit: I think the level up would give me the ability to take care that Rhukesh could come to us. If I take polymorph and change him into a blink dog, so he could dimension door to us.:smallbiggrin:
Or would the spell Polymorph be considered do not use Gryndel?

Good idea, but unfortunately that spell doesn't allow the subject changed to use any supernatural or spell-like abilities of the new form, which is what the teleport (actually dimension door) is.

Still, there might be other viable options.

It will give Drynch access to 5th level spells, which will help a lot, if not in this situation then overall certainly.

Daryk
2016-07-29, 05:55 PM
Awesome, thanks! I'll level up Halad this weekend and post here when I'm done.

Daryk
2016-07-29, 06:23 PM
Well, that took less time that I thought it would. I still need to scour the various supplements for other 2nd level spells for his brand new 1/day, but I think Cat's Grace will do for now...

Myth Weavers updated their sheet system, so here's the new link: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=328161

Duskranger
2016-08-01, 09:59 AM
My level up:

+1 level Abjurant champion
+1 BAB, +1 Fort, +1 Ref, +12 hp.
Feat: Power Attack.

His first level 4 spell will be: Polymorph (unless DM says no)

Grodech
2016-08-01, 12:00 PM
Rukesh level up:
Barbarian 3 [ECL 9]
d12+3 hp, since we're using max, that's 15, making his total 79
4+2 skill points, used one each on Intimidate, Listen, and 2 each on Spot, Search
3rd level general feat: Cleave
BAB increases by 1
Fort remains the same, Reflex and Will increase by 1
3rd level barbarian feat: Trap Sense +1

Duskranger
2016-08-04, 02:23 PM
Gryndel, I probably am not able to switch around spells right? Or is that part of getting another level of the spellcaster?

If not would it be possible to find a scroll of invisibiity in the city and yea how much would that cost?

Gryndel
2016-08-11, 07:09 AM
All leveling adjustments are approved for all characters.


Gryndel, I probably am not able to switch around spells right? Or is that part of getting another level of the spellcaster?

If not would it be possible to find a scroll of invisibiity in the city and yea how much would that cost?

Sorcerer can switch known spells starting at level 4 and every even level after that. The only thing mentioned in Abjurant Champion is that you do not gain any other benefit of the base spellcaster class beyond spells per day and spells known. So no switching spells around for that class.

Invisibility scroll would be 150 gp, and you could find 2 of them.

Duskranger
2016-08-12, 09:17 AM
Do I need to roll something for Ferdinand to get a bit info?

Or does he know that invisibility will work. Anyway I will probably buy 1 scroll for using on Rhukesh, but preferably only if Ferdinand would know that creatures can/can't see invisible things.

Gryndel
2016-08-12, 10:09 AM
Do I need to roll something for Ferdinand to get a bit info?

Or does he know that invisibility will work. Anyway I will probably buy 1 scroll for using on Rhukesh, but preferably only if Ferdinand would know that creatures can/can't see invisible things.

Ferdinand thinks it would work.

Duskranger
2016-08-12, 10:10 AM
In that case he will buy 1 scroll of invisibility to use on Rhukesh.

Grodech
2016-09-03, 10:45 AM
While they're out borrowing the sword and shield, I think Rukesh will stop and see if he can pick up a set of Boots of the Winterlands. If approved by the DM, I will subtract the appropriate cash.

Gryndel
2016-09-06, 12:24 PM
While they're out borrowing the sword and shield, I think Rukesh will stop and see if he can pick up a set of Boots of the Winterlands. If approved by the DM, I will subtract the appropriate cash.

Not a common item around here, but there's one set available at normal book price.

Grodech
2016-09-06, 12:44 PM
Not a common item around here, but there's one set available at normal book price.

Sold!

2500 gp subtracted from his cash, boots have been added to his equipment list.

Gryndel
2016-10-10, 09:27 AM
Everybody ready to go? Did I forget anything?

Duskranger
2016-10-10, 09:43 AM
I am ready to go.

Daryk
2016-10-11, 03:17 AM
I don't think I'm missing anything...

Grodech
2016-11-09, 01:25 PM
Rd 1
*Slippery (as Grease spell but Ice based, Refl DC 13 or fall prone with any movement, Ĺ move speed)


Does Rukesh' boots of the winterlands (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#bootsoftheWinterlands) negate this effect?

Gryndel
2016-11-09, 01:28 PM
Does Rukesh' boots of the winterlands (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#bootsoftheWinterlands) negate this effect?

Absolutely! (words added for min)

Gryndel
2016-11-09, 03:53 PM
Just a heads up, I'm starting a new game (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?505764-Star-Shards-(3-5)&p=21381968).

Snipet: A group of brave adventurers is needed to pursue rumors of an undead incursion into a fairly isolated village named Shadystone.

Daryk
2016-11-11, 04:04 PM
Wow, that filled up fast... I'm mostly doing Pathfinder these days anyway. If you need someone to backfill, just let me (and Grodech, of course) know.

Gryndel
2016-11-11, 05:11 PM
Wow, that filled up fast... I'm mostly doing Pathfinder these days anyway. If you need someone to backfill, just let me (and Grodech, of course) know.

Indeed, maybe the title or some small bit in the brief intro attracted them so fast. Perhaps there's a lack of new games, or something. Regardless, as I've told other players in my games, if you want a spot you can have it. That's one reason I cut it off so quickly. As you know these pbp games lose PCs very often very often, so an abundance to start is not really a big deal. Even if it turns out to be the rare instance where most (or all) of them stick around, it just means I can throw more at you, and you can easily split the party without much concern, hahaha.

Grodech is in, so is a player from my star wars game. So feel free top join if you want. There are already 2-3 who replied in the ad thread who haven't posted at all in the ooc thread, and possibly one or more who haven't even rolled stats yet.

No divine casters yet either, I believe. Odd that, since the first major plot line is versus a relatively new incursion of undead. :smallconfused:

Duskranger
2016-11-12, 12:35 PM
I only play 5th edition actually.

But I will think about being available as a back-up character, though I do think than preferably as a Crusader, not really as a Divine character such as a cleric.

But I will need to see how my time is, since I am kinda bizzy too much these days.

Daryk
2016-11-13, 08:23 PM
Thanks... I'll pop over there and roll some dice. I'll have to give it more thought after that, and it's close to bed time now...

Daryk
2016-11-13, 08:50 PM
Screwed up the first set of rolls, but got it straight the second time. I hate to say it, but it looks like they're missing an archer... I don't want to Xerox Halad, but those numbers will make it hard to resist...

Gryndel
2016-11-27, 05:53 PM
I only play 5th edition actually.

But I will think about being available as a back-up character, though I do think than preferably as a Crusader, not really as a Divine character such as a cleric.

But I will need to see how my time is, since I am kinda bizzy too much these days.

I've been thinking about trying 5e, but as a player first to see how the game works out.

By the way, in case you weren't aware, we're waiting on you to post ic for this game.

Daryk
2016-11-27, 10:08 PM
I flipped through the 5e rules in a book store, and it looks like they took some of Pathfinder's good ideas and tried to simplify from there. I'm not sure they succeeded...

Duskranger
2016-11-28, 11:53 AM
I've been thinking about trying 5e, but as a player first to see how the game works out.

By the way, in case you weren't aware, we're waiting on you to post ic for this game.


I love 5th edition, I do put it just a bit below 3.5 mostly because 3.5 have a lot more options to choose from.

And indeed I did not, I expected my message when I rolled was good enough. Will post in a bit.

Grodech
2016-11-28, 12:48 PM
Meanwhile, Rukesh and Drynch visited the armory. An agreement was reached to allow Rukesh to borrow a shield and sword on the condition that if he can't return them they will be paid for in full. The heavy shield was not as nice as his, but will grant the same basic protection. The sword held a higher enchantment than his (+2), and included the special property of bane against evil outsiders.

Gryn - is this a bastard sword, or a longsword? My assumption is that it was the same type as he already had (bastard), but I wanted to verify before we get into things.

Gryndel
2016-12-01, 02:27 PM
Gryn - is this a bastard sword, or a longsword? My assumption is that it was the same type as he already had (bastard), but I wanted to verify before we get into things.

Sure, bastard sword, why not, fine by me.

Gryndel
2016-12-11, 11:09 AM
Ferdinand moves past Drynch Moving to G7 and starts to look around the room, checking for a possiblility of finding the anker.

You need to make this reflex save with every move:
Slippery (as Grease spell but Ice based, Refl DC 13 or fall prone with any movement, Ĺ move speed)

Also, what does "anker" mean here?

Duskranger
2016-12-12, 10:34 AM
You need to make this reflex save with every move:
Slippery (as Grease spell but Ice based, Refl DC 13 or fall prone with any movement, Ĺ move speed)

Also, what does "anker" mean here?

Yeah sorry: [roll0] (oh noes, my worst save)

And anker is a Dutch word, sorry, I meant the thing that was keeping the demon here. I used the wrong spelling, it should be anchor.

Gryndel
2017-01-21, 12:52 PM
Halad initiative and action for round 2?

Daryk
2017-01-21, 03:35 PM
Oh, sorry! I'll get right on that...