PDA

View Full Version : I want to Optimize a strange character- Kobold of Vengence

Tesla_pasta
2011-10-19, 07:39 PM
As implied in the title, I am trying to roll up a character know as the Kobold of vengence. No, not Pun Pun. Just a Kobold weilding an oversized greatsword with a few levels in Pyrokeneticist so he can light his sword on fire, too. Other than those specifics, I dont really care what I need to do to make my character not useless. I have the fluff, Now I just want to make him not suck while still fitting the concept. Preferably not too much from obscure source books/ dragon magazine, but whatever suggestions there are good.

any and all advice is appreciated! Alliteration!

flumphy
2011-10-19, 07:45 PM
It's "assonance" when referring to vowels, actually. :smalltongue:

Since pyrokineticist doesn't advance ML, I'd enter either with ardent or a straight swordsage with the Wild Talent feat. But if all you want is a flaming sword, the Desert Wind discipline or even just a couple of weapon enchants do that all on their own.

Keld Denar
2011-10-19, 07:45 PM
Tiny McSmallLarge?

Kobold AnyX/Stoneblessed(Goliath)3/Barbarian1/AnyY

Stoneblessed allows your little kobold to count as a Goliath for all purposes. This lets you take the Mountain Rage ACF in Races of Stone. Mountain Rage makes you size Large, regardless of whatever your size was before. Now you can be a small dude who becomes a large dude in combat. You can also legally use any weapon sized for a Tiny creature, a Small creature, and a Large creature. If you get Strongarm Bracers, you could actually use any weapon between size Tiny and Huge, which is amusing.

Tesla_pasta
2011-10-19, 10:22 PM
Tiny McSmallLarge?

Kobold AnyX/Stoneblessed(Goliath)3/Barbarian1/AnyY

Stoneblessed allows your little kobold to count as a Goliath for all purposes. This lets you take the Mountain Rage ACF in Races of Stone. Mountain Rage makes you size Large, regardless of whatever your size was before. Now you can be a small dude who becomes a large dude in combat. You can also legally use any weapon sized for a Tiny creature, a Small creature, and a Large creature. If you get Strongarm Bracers, you could actually use any weapon between size Tiny and Huge, which is amusing.

Oh my. A Kobold weilding a Huge greatsword. what is that like 2d10 damage? that would be one fire after some pyro levels? Niiiiice. which source book is this from?

Keld Denar
2011-10-19, 10:52 PM
Stoneblessed, Goliaths, and Mountain Rage are all from Races of Stone. Stoneblessed is really easy to get into at like, ECL2, so you could make it happen. Funny story, while in a Mountain Rage, you are Large, which means you qualify for Knockback. Puny little kobold GETS HUGE AND PUNTS YOU ACROSS THE ROOM! RAWRGLERARGLERAWGLE!

Strongarm Bracers are in the Magic Item Compendium, just for reference.