PDA

View Full Version : Poisons and Squirt Gun Wars

Snowbluff
2011-10-19, 11:12 PM
So I was watching Spooney's Squirt Gun Wars, and I got thinking. What would be the best way to deliver a large number of doses in a short amount of time? What would be the most effective? What would be the collest? Funniest?

I was thinking maybe some weird Assassin/Swordsage for Time Stands Still (WITH POISON :D), or like throwing a bunch of Shuriken (BUT POISON :P). I have personally poisoned people with my Fleshraker, Mr. Fleshy.

NNescio
2011-10-19, 11:19 PM
So I was watching Spooney's Squirt Gun Wars, and I got thinking. What would be the best way to deliver a large number of doses in a short amount of time? What would be the most effective? What would be the collest? Funniest?

I was thinking maybe some weird Assassin/Swordsage for Time Stands Still (WITH POISON :D), or like throwing a bunch of Shuriken (BUT POISON :P). I have personally poisoned people with my Fleshraker, Mr. Fleshy.

(Psionic) Minor Creation.

Zaq
2011-10-19, 11:36 PM
Duskblade with Poison Spell (Drow of the Underdark), Smiting Spell (PHB2), and a Spell Storing war spikard (Magic of Eberron) with Spell Storing bolts. (A spear spikard is fine too.)

1) Put a dose of poison on the bolt.
2) Load a spell (with a dose of poison, through Poison Spell) into the Spell Storing bolt.
3) Load a spell (with a dose of poison, through Poison Spell) into the bolt by means of Smiting Spell.
4) Put a dose of poison on the spikard.
5) Load a spell (with a dose of poison, through Poison Spell) into the Spell Storing spikard.
6) Load a spell (with a dose of poison, through Poison Spell) into the spikard by means of Smiting Spell.
7) Channel a spell (with a dose of poison, through Poison Spell) through your attack.

There you go. Seven doses of poison in a single attack. Bonus points if any or all of those spells are, well, you know. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/poison.htm)

I forget if Prevenom Weapon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/prevenomWeapon.htm) and Truevenom Weapon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/truevenomWeapon.htm) work in conjunction with poisoning your weapon normally (and/or each other), but if so, there's an extra two or four doses, assuming you can get your hands on the powers somehow. Also, Toxic Weapon is on the Duskblade spell list, and that might stack with everything else (for another two doses).

Make your enemy take 20 on their Fort save. They'll fail one or two of them.

Darrin
2011-10-20, 06:29 AM

Servant horde + sprayers (15 GP, A&EG p. 25) + mushroom powder (100 GP, Book of Vile Darkness p. 43). Four doses (area effect, so no attack roll) and the target is paralyzed 2d4 hours, no save.

Actually, you can paralyze with just two doses with Kammarth (80 GP, Lords of Darkness p. 183), but mushroom powder is non-magical vegetable matter, and thus easier to create via psionic minor creation.

For a slightly less unseemly method (but only slightly), get a mister (150 GP, Drow of the Underdark p. 92). The mister lets you make a ranged touch attack with any poison or potion as a standard action. Contact or inhaled poisons/drugs take effect immediately, while ingested poisons allow the target a Ref save DC 15 to avoid ingesting the mist. Injury poisons take effect only if the target is wounded and hasn't been treated with a heal check.

panaikhan
2011-10-20, 07:24 AM
A hand-cranked Runcible gun loaded with poisoned sporks. :smallbiggrin:

Snowbluff
2011-10-20, 10:08 PM
Wow, these are actually pretty cool. Thanks!

Gavinfoxx
2011-10-20, 10:19 PM
Have you read the Poison handbook?

Slipperychicken
2011-10-20, 10:25 PM
Minor Creation + Shrink Item (use option for "clothlike substance"). Throw it at someone, say the command word. I heard the number was ~996 doses, although one could rule only so many doses touch the target at one time.