PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Gestalt - Evil 9th level - Help finishing my character - Sorc//bard

Thorin
2011-10-20, 11:19 AM
Hi!

Well, so we are gonna start soon a new Gestalt Campaing and i am not sure what to do. I have my eye on the sorc (or the magister) using arcane bloodline.
On the other side of the gestlat combo...

There are a few options on my mind (and others which im probably unaware of):

Antipaladin 2/ Ninja X: Cha to saves? Yes please! SA and some neat ninja tricks (invisibility a a swift action). I donīt know if Arcane Trickster later... I would need to sacrifice both sides, not sure

Antipaladin 2/ Oracle (Lore) 1/ Ninja X: Cha to saves, cha to ref, cha to AC, (maybe even use a feat to cha to knowledge if a feat slot is open) and all the ninja crunch. Still doubting to go AT.

Oracle X: So, cha synergy, both lvl 9 arcane and divine. Not sure here what to choose as Mystery. Antipaladin 2 would be still good, but would delay my spell progression (and could even be unnecessary if the final revelation grants cha to saves... even if that is accomplished at 20th lvl)

Time thief X: So, that is fun, but really underpowered i belive. If this grantes SA i would consider it strongly, just because it would be really fun, but not convinced.

So, suggestions? I have not decided yet. And yes, i do want Sorc over Wizard, even if the wizard is tier 1.

PS: I think that other members are...

Soulblade//Cleric

Monk//Sorc -> Dragon Disciple (using wis to cast with a 3rd party feat i think)

The third guy... i heard something about a halfling mounted charge... He is probably the funniest, but i think his maths made him do some serious damage

legomaster00156
2011-10-20, 01:55 PM
So, you wish to play a half-Sorcerer CHA build. Well, here's a few ideas.

Sorcerer/Bard: For when you just want a LOT of spells. Also has awesome social skills.
Paladin OR Antipaladin/Sorcerer: +CHA to all saves, healing (or harming), CHA-based divine spellcasting... decent all-around, really. For this, a good THEMATIC Bloodline is the Celestial Bloodline.
Sorcerer/Gunslinger: Use the Mysterious Stranger archetype for optimal CHA-based spellslinging/gunslinging. Go wild with blasty spells for a truly devastating blaster (as opposed to a mildly effective blaster).
Sorcerer/Oracle: You've covered this one.
Sorcerer/Wizard: Now, this one is interesting. Pick up the Sage Bloodline (Wildblooded Arcane bloodline) to use INT as the casting stat for Sorcerer spells. Pick up decent spells that are useful to use more than once/encounter (offensive spells are a necessity) as Sorcerer spells, and back them up with once/encounter spells as a Wizard (abjurations, enchantments, and trsnmutations, especially). Do NOT specialize as a Wizard, as it will cover all fields that Sorcerer cannot.

Chained Birds
2011-10-20, 02:13 PM
Sensei Monk//Ninja: Their Ki Pools actually stack and at higher lvls you can make all your allies a bunch of ninjas (Even the Mountain Plated, Dwarven Paladin).

Urban Barbarian + Invulnerable Rager//Anything else: Personal preference, but works pretty well with many classes (You can even cast spells while raging).

Gnaeus
2011-10-20, 02:46 PM
Personally, I would go straight Sorcerer/Antipaladin (with Knight of the Sepulcher ACF).

A good gestalt has an active side, and a passive side. Antipaladin is a good passive side, providing good hp, good fort save, Cha to all saves. Knight of the Sepulcher lets you heal yourself with your negative energy channels or lay on hands (and if your team cleric is also channeling negative, you get healed when he channels also). Your good defenses will help you ignore enemies while laying them low with magic, and your good attack bonus will help you with touch or range touch. Also, check with your DM to see if you can stack touch attacks like a 3.5 dread necro can (for example, you cast Vampiric Touch or Ghoul Touch, and discharge it at the same time as a touch of corruption attack for lots of damage or multiple save or suck effects.)

The weakness of Sorcerer/Oracle is that you can usually only cast one spell per round, and except for some swift/immediate special abilities, you aren't really much more effective than a non gestalt Oracle or a non gestalt sorcerer. Also, medium HP and bad fort save are dangerous in gestalt.

If you actually are considering capstone abilities, the Oracle gives Cha to saves, the Knight of the Sepulcher gives Cha to HP and Fort saves, so your fort save would equal +12+charisma bonus + charisma bonus again.

Thorin
2011-10-20, 02:47 PM
legomaster00156, you hit a soft spot there... bard is a class i have always looked whit some "yuck" in my face, but in PF they seem quite more interesting (or maybe i just opened my mind, dunno).

I think Sorc 9 // Oracle (Lore) 1 /Antipaladin 2/Bard 6

Could be certainly fun.

What do you people think power-wise? (I mean... will it keep up with the power of the rest of the party? will it fall behind?)

Gnaeus
2011-10-20, 02:55 PM
legomaster00156, you hit a soft spot there... bard is a class i have always looked whit some "yuck" in my face, but in PF they seem quite more interesting (or maybe i just opened my mind, dunno).

I think Sorc 9 // Oracle (Lore) 1 /Antipaladin 2/Bard 6

Could be certainly fun.

What do you people think power-wise? (I mean... will it keep up with the power of the rest of the party? will it fall behind?)

Probably weaker than Sorc9/Oracle 9 or Sorc 9/Bard 9. Losing caster levels is rarely good. Bard is another active class, you can't cast a bard spell and a sorc spell in same round for most of the game without stacking metamagic for quicken. Only really good thing about it is that you can start singing without a standard action at 7, and continue it as a free action.
Bard 9/Antipaladin 9 has a lot of synergy, but suffers from the loss of 9th level spells.

Thorin
2011-10-24, 11:47 AM
I think i may just skip the level in Oracle. Or get it later

Sorc 9 // Antipaladin2 /Bard 7

Trait: Magical Knack (bard) to avoid losing 2 CL

Some feats i will take:

Magic Reservist (higher DC for bard spells)
Harmonic Spell (im still thinking over this one. i will be probably casting always in my rounds, so it is basically free bardic performance; but are not enough all the rounds/day iīll get normally?)
Discordant Voice (at 10)
Spellsong (probably)
Pander (probably)

I am not sure what other feats to take (i mean, SF, GSF, SP, GSP are all solid choices, but i dunno), Still thinking the metamagics too

ThatLovin'Elan
2011-10-24, 01:38 PM
Knight of the Sepulcher ACF.

Linky (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/antipaladin/archetypes/paizo---antipaladin-archetypes/knight-of-the-sepulcher).

Never saw that before.

My god, I have to play one sometime.

Thorin
2011-10-24, 02:48 PM
Hm, intresting, but not really what i am looknig for me. But that will make quite a BBG

Thorin
2011-10-24, 02:55 PM
{edited: double post for some reason :smalleek:}