PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Synthethist Summoner Build

jester5093
2011-10-20, 06:38 PM
Building a Synthethist summoner for a new PF game. GM likes a very poor, low magic world. I'm trying really hard to optimize but not break. I'm open to any suggestions, but I'm working under pretty strict guildelines sadly.

Nothing out of anything not in the PRD on paizo's site. No monstrous feat (le sigh).

Basic idea, 2 arms to hold the curved elven blade, attacks per round go blade, bite, slam, gore, claws to finish up. Rend on claws. UMD as much as I can to make things work, but in a low magic setting, it's going to be rough.

Half Elf
Stats Alone Stats w/Eidolon
Str 6 14
Dex 6 14
Con 14 13
Int 16 16
Wis 13 13
Cha 21 21

Level progression
1 Alternate trait Ancestral heritage (exotic weapon proficiency curved elven blade, spell focus (conjuration),
3 Augment summoning
4 Wis +1
5 craft wand, Eidolon Con +1
7 improved initiative
8 Cha +2
9 arcane strike
10 Eidolon Str +1
11 improved critical
13 hammer the gap
15 death from above, Eidolon Str +1
17 expanded arcana/Extra Evolution (expanded arcana isn't THAT useful for this char)
19 Extra Evolution

Spells
1. Rejuvenate Eidolon (Lesser), Mage Armour
2 Grease
3 Endure Elements
4 Lesser Evolution Surge, Haste
5 Resist Energy
6 Summon Eidolon
7 Reduce Person, Rejuvenate Eidolon, Evolution Surge
8 Heroism
9 Greater Invisibility
10 Barkskin, Overland Flight, Greater Evolution Surge
11 Protection from Evil, Wall of Stone
12 Purified Calling
13 Black Tentacles, Rejuvenate Eidolon (Greater), Spell Turning
14 Slow, Greater Teleportation
15 Horism Greater
16 Contact other Plane, Maze, Dominate Monster
17 Discern Location
18 Teleportation Circle
19 Plane Shift
20 Sending, Mass Planar Adaptation

Skills:
Craft
Fly
Knowledge Planes
Spellcraft
UMD

Thoughts?

jester5093
2011-10-22, 09:30 AM
Bump, any suggestions? Crafting is going to kill me, I forgot how much the rules for it suck. Thanks again in advance.

Zagaroth
2011-10-22, 10:11 AM
FYI, double check with your DM about augment summoning. The feat specifies 'spell', but the eidolon text is more recent and says 'treated as summoned creatures'

Also, From Ultimate magic/the PRD

Extra Evolution
Your eidolon has more evolutions.
Prerequisite: Eidolon class feature.
Benefit: Your eidolon's evolution pool increases by 1.
Special: You can gain Extra Evolution multiple times, but only once for every five summoner levels you possess

Rentaromon
2011-10-22, 11:07 AM
low magic...so your playing a caster with a big magical beast?

if u have access to it the aegis from psionics expanded is a lot like the synthesis summoner, but trades the casting for full BAB and more flexible customization, the the synthesis summoner is kind of crazy powerful anyways, the aegis dosent seem as breakable.

jester5093
2011-10-22, 09:25 PM
DM already said Augment Summon worked with my eidolon (muhuhahahaha).

Yeah, I know, he warned me that summoning that in town may not be the best idea. I had already had the char planned out before I knew he was doing a low magic world.

Yeah, I didn't want to take that feat as it seemed underpowered for a feat, but there really isn't much else to take :(

No psionics sadly, only material on the PRD site.

I'll throw in a evolution feat or two.

Paul H
2011-10-22, 10:19 PM
Hi

Just concerned about the Cha 21 at 1st level. How? Half Elves can't have any stat above 18 to start, plus they have no racial mods. Spending 2 Evo points only increases to 20.

Not so sure about the Augment Summoning thing either. Up to your GM, but the feat does say 'summoning', and you 'normally' use a ritual (NOT spell) to summon it. The 2nd lvl Summon Eidolon spell has no problem with Augment Summoning, however. :)

I'd go Human for the extra feat & skill points.

Starting stats: Str 13 Dex 13 Con 12 Int 12 Wis 10 Cha 18

1) Heirloom Wpn Trait: Gt Sword. Feats: Spell Focus Conjuration, Arcane Strike. Evo's: 2 pts Dex, 1 pt Nat AC.
2) Evos: 2 pts Dex, 2 pts Con.
3) Pwr Attack. Evo's: 2 pts Dex, 2 Pts Con, 1pt Nat AC
4) +1 Cha. Evo's: 4 pts wpn training (simple & martial), 2 pts Dex, 1 pt Nat AC
5) +1 Con (Eidolon), 4 pts Wpn Training, 2 pts Cha +2, 2 pts Wings. Feat: Augment Summoning
6) Evo's: 4 pts Wpn Training, 2 Pts Cha, 2 pts Wings, 1 pt Nat AC

Etc.

Nice Gish that can self buff & do Battlefield Control. From 5th levl, if anyone successfully dismisses your Eidolon, use the Summon Eidolon spell to come back harder ( +4 Str & Con).

Don't forget you get Darkvision, (1st lvl), Evasion, (2nd lvl), bonus to AC & saves (4th lvl).

Arcane Strike is there so you always have a magical weapon, and does extra damage based on caster level.

Thanks
Paul H
PS The magical mark on your forhead can be hidden by mundane means, like a scarf. Will still be detected by Detect Magic, however..........

Curious
2011-10-22, 10:23 PM
Hi

Just concerned about the Cha 21 at 1st level. How? Half Elves can't have any stat above 18 to start, plus they have no racial mods. Spending 2 Evo points only increases to 20.

Pathfinder. Half-elves get +2 to any stat of choice.

jester5093
2011-10-22, 10:33 PM
I'm also middle aged. Forgot to mention that. -1 to str, dex, con, +1 to int, wis, cha.

DM already said that augment summoning worked with my eidolon, at all times.

Interesting ideas. I'll see if I can work any of them into the build.