PDA

View Full Version : "Michael" - PS3 Commercial

Giggling Ghast
2011-10-20, 06:57 PM
I caught this commercial on TV the other day. I must say, even though I'm a diehard XBox 360 fanboi, I was very impressed by this commercial. It's weirdly touching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdWkKKSckNk

Anybody else see it? Any thoughts?

iyaerP
2011-10-20, 09:22 PM
I hate the PS3 in particular and consoles in general, but even so, I loved that commercial. Although Kratos's CGI felt less well done and polished than some of the other people's did.

Geno9999
2011-10-20, 09:38 PM
I hate the PS3 in particular and consoles in general, but even so, I loved that commercial. Although Kratos's CGI felt less well done and polished than some of the other people's did.

I thought that was just a muscle man in body paint.
Otherwise, I agree that this is a great commercial, because this feels less like a commercial just selling a brand or a console, but a tribute to the people who play the games; us.

Grif
2011-10-20, 10:36 PM
They're all real actors, I think, with the exception of the two CGI characters from less-than-human games. (Ratchet and that guy from Little Big Planet).

toasty
2011-10-21, 12:25 AM
Its probably the best Video Game commercial ever. Its a great tribute to video games and the people that play them: us.

Desril
2011-10-21, 12:33 AM
I found it particularly pleasing because my name is Michael. Though I wish the characters that I cared about got more screentime rather than so much of it going to shooters/Kratos.

Comet
2011-10-21, 04:10 AM
That was excellent.