PDA

View Full Version : Good class combo

xykonthelich
2011-10-20, 09:31 PM
So I'm trying to decide what class combination I want on this new character of mine. I know what race I want: Xeph. And I know that I want 5 levels of Invisible Blade(complete warrior). I also think that I will take 1 level of barbarian. But I want a level 11 character and I don't know what other class to take. I'm goin for a movement based rogue-ish character. I'm sort of looking for a substitution for the rogue class because I like the sneak attack, but I'm not into the other abilities. Any suggestions?

Edit: Also, does anyone have any suggestions for some nice feats I could take?(level 11)

hex0
2011-10-20, 09:34 PM
So I'm trying to decide what class combination I want on this new character of mine. I know what race I want: Xeph. And I know that I want 5 levels of Invisible Blade(complete warrior). I also think that I will take 1 level of barbarian. But I want a level 11 character and I don't know what other class to take. I'm goin for a movement based rogue-ish character. I'm sort of looking for a substitution for the rogue class because I like the sneak attack, but I'm not into the other abilities. Any suggestions?

Rokugan Ninja. Factotum (more INT synergy). Scout. Swashbuckler (daring outlaw feat)

kulosle
2011-10-22, 01:07 AM
i love factotum, my second favorite class of all time. the best synergy of things. knowledge devotion is awesome especially combined with a skill trick knowledge collector from complete scoundrel for plus 5 to knowledge checks against monsters easily nets you 2-5 damage per attack. the more attacks the better so TFW tree is a must. several people like a three level dip in swashbuckler, but i don't think its worth it. don't up str either way. int and dex is all you should need. nymph's kiss gets you more skill points and lets you not have to up cha, +2 to cha based skills. Faerie Mysteries Initiate lets you not even have to worry about con. so great. make sure you have a fey craft weapon so you don't have to get weapon finesse and look through the arms and equipment guide cause there are some dex to damage stuff in there i believe.

HunterOfJello
2011-10-22, 02:13 AM
Find out if your DM is going to enforce the errata for the Invisible Blade. If they are, the PrC will not really be worth going in to. It reduces the number of times you can feint as a free action to 1 per round.

gorfnab
2011-10-22, 02:36 AM
You could see if your DM will allow you to use the Invisible Blade's author's revised version (http://www.wakinglands.com/htm_files/the_prestige_classes_page.htm) instead of the CW version.

marcielle
2011-10-22, 06:29 AM
By author revised, you mean the actual person who wrote it thought, 'No, that's not how I wanted it to go', and wrote this?

hex0
2011-10-22, 08:47 AM
Or just use the errata. Author's revisions for books aren't as valid as author's revisions to online content (such as Trapsmith->Swiftblade comment), in my opinion. But, it is up to your DM.

Zagaroth
2011-10-22, 01:29 PM
Actually, it's more like the original author had a 10 level prestige class, and it was accepted by WotC, then he saw the CAd version, and went WTF? and posted the original on his website.

dspeyer
2011-10-22, 02:57 PM
UA allows a fighter to swap out bonus feats for a rogues sneak attack. Of course, that leaves you with even less exciting class features.

Swordsage gets assassin's stance, which is sneak attack. Plus other fun maneuvers. Also it qualifies you for Shadow Blade, which I expect you want.

Remember to take something with bluff and sense motive as class skills, or you won't be able to take invisible blade. A one-level rogue dip is an option.

After Invisible Blade, you might find Dervish a good class. It lets you move better and attack while moving.

Keep an eye on feats. So far:
Invisible Blade prereqs: Far Shot, Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus
TWF: Two Weapon Fighting, Improved Two Weapon Fighting
Dex-based: Weapon Finesse, Shadow Blade
Dervish Prereqs: Combat Expertise, Dodge, Mobility, weapon focus
Even ignoring dervish, this is too many. Unless your DM is generous with flaws, or drops the Far Shot and Point Blank Shot prereqs (they don't make any sense, but dropping them outright might seem unbalanced). You might need a two-level fighter dip. Or psychic warrior. Or both.

kulosle
2011-10-22, 11:52 PM
if you do go the dervish route you definitely have to take scout. schirmish requires you to move and thanks to dervish you will be. its a marvelous combination. and since daggers are slashing or piercing the invisible blade will work with it as well. so scout 5/ invisible blade 5/ dervish 10. sounds like an awesome combo to me. AFB at the moment so i can't check to be sure, but that something like +5d6 per attack, if you DM lets craven apply to all precision based die then you are looking at a lot of damage, there are a ton of other ways to up this but i can't recall them off hand. swift hunter dervish is also a great combination. scout 3/ranger 2/invisible blade5/dervish 10

hisnamehere
2011-10-23, 10:44 PM
The Quick trait in UA grants you +10ft. movement at the expense of -1 hp/HD. Be a Bbn at first level and have a 50ft. move. Take the Dash feat for another +5ft. Scout for another mvnt boost, and mvnt-based abilities.