PDA

View Full Version : Ensouled Masquerader by Sinfire Titian: Has Anyone Tried It?

Tokuhara
2011-10-21, 07:35 AM
I was browsing ironically for a Psionic/Sublime BC, and I found Sinfire's Ensouled Masquerader (http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/1157318/ensouled-masquerader-pdf-april-16-2009-8-03-pm-107k?da=y) preview. I instantly fell in love with the class. I mean, Martial Maneuvers AND Soulmelds? What is there to not love?

I do have a couple questions though.

1) Has anybody ever actually played this? Combining Meldshaping with the Sublime Way seems thematically smooth (you fight with your soul, quite literally).

2) The fourth discipline, "Mystic Blade," doesn't exist. Either that, or my Google-fu is weak. What could I use as a replacement. Remember: the class has Iron Heart, Devoted Spirit, and Diamond Mind: the Three Best

3) If you were to "Optimize" this class, how would you? Seeing as how Sublime Meldshaping never caught on on WotC, No Prestige Classes/Feats/Whatevz exist.

From the fluff of the class, I kind of saw this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/it/thumb/7/7d/Soulcalibur4.jpg/300px-Soulcalibur4.jpg

Person_Man
2011-10-21, 07:53 AM
Presumably Sinfire has. You should probably post this thread over on the Brilliant Gameologist forums. I think he's a mod there.

Tokuhara
2011-10-21, 08:00 AM
Presumably Sinfire has. You should probably post this thread over on the Brilliant Gameologist forums. I think he's a mod there.

Well, I am asking for more what the playground thinks, because no matter how I spend at least an hour complaining how the forum's opinions differ from mine, I tend to take what you all say to heart

Tokuhara
2011-10-21, 08:59 AM
So, does anybody have ideas for combining the Soulmelds with Sublime Martial Maneuvers to stand out amongst the party?

Big Fau
2011-10-21, 09:31 AM
With regards to the Mystic Blade discipline, he likely never finished it. I know he's stated that he never finished their soulmeld list, but don't remember if he ever got around to working on the discipline. As for a replacement, you probably don't need it. It does have the power 3. If you do give it anything, Stone Dragon would be the safest bet.

It certainly looks to be a powerful class, easily in the Tier 3 range. It looks like it's one of his early works, so be cautious about it.

Optimization-wise, Shape Soulmeld and Martial Study, or go Charger. Or look into Sinfire's Incarnum handbook, and take some ideas from that (obviously, the class is capable as a meldshaper).

Reading through it, he seems to be trying to make it into a Crusader/Totemist mix. I think the soulmeld list was supposed to have a lot in common with the Totemist (with the Mask slot being the Totem). Try asking him if he has some soulmelds worked up for it. Failing that, ask Person_Man for help designing them.

Tokuhara
2011-10-21, 10:09 AM
With regards to the Mystic Blade discipline, he likely never finished it. I know he's stated that he never finished their soulmeld list, but don't remember if he ever got around to working on the discipline. As for a replacement, you probably don't need it. It does have the power 3. If you do give it anything, Stone Dragon would be the safest bet.

It certainly looks to be a powerful class, easily in the Tier 3 range. It looks like it's one of his early works, so be cautious about it.

Optimization-wise, Shape Soulmeld and Martial Study, or go Charger. Or look into Sinfire's Incarnum handbook, and take some ideas from that (obviously, the class is capable as a meldshaper).

Reading through it, he seems to be trying to make it into a Crusader/Totemist mix. I think the soulmeld list was supposed to have a lot in common with the Totemist (with the Mask slot being the Totem). Try asking him if he has some soulmelds worked up for it. Failing that, ask Person_Man for help designing them.

So, you suggest Stone Dragon and Totemist's Soulmelds to fill the missing gaps? Very Cool. Maybe I could dabble some Incarnate/Soulborn-exclusive soulmelds and the Homebrew "Discipline Soulmelds"

Big Fau
2011-10-21, 11:01 AM
So, you suggest Stone Dragon and Totemist's Soulmelds to fill the missing gaps? Very Cool. Maybe I could dabble some Incarnate/Soulborn-exclusive soulmelds and the Homebrew "Discipline Soulmelds"

If you use Totemist soulmelds, steer away from the Manticore Belt, Girallon Arms, and Landshark Boots. Try to leave some of the soulmelds as Totemist-exclusive, so as not to obsolete the class entirely. That, or do what Sinfire suggested in the Incarnum Handbook and give the Totemist a d10 HD, full BAB, and good Reflex/Will saves to compensate.

Tokuhara
2011-10-21, 11:04 AM
If you use Totemist soulmelds, steer away from the Manticore Belt, Girallon Arms, and Landshark Boots. Try to leave some of the soulmelds as Totemist-exclusive, so as not to obsolete the class entirely. That, or do what Sinfire suggested in the Incarnum Handbook and give the Totemist a d10 HD, full BAB, and good Reflex/Will saves to compensate.

I will actually be the first Incarnum character ever in my DM's setting, so I don't really have to worry about Totemists running around

Big Fau
2011-10-21, 11:26 AM
I will actually be the first Incarnum character ever in my DM's setting, so I don't really have to worry about Totemists running around

Ah.

Have you tried emailing Sinfire? He may have a few things to change about the class itself.

Tokuhara
2011-10-21, 11:39 AM
Ah.

Have you tried emailing Sinfire? He may have a few things to change about the class itself.

Not really.

Big Fau
2011-10-21, 11:45 AM
Not really.

His email is in his BG profile.

Keld Denar
2011-10-21, 11:59 AM
Could you have some fun with a teleporting warrior? Maybe something with Blink Shirt? Maybe something with Blink Shirt combined with Sun School + Snap Kick to get 2 UAS attacks after a telepounce? Or Teflemmar Shadowlord for full attack Shadowpounce?

Or some way to splash a little of this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5883542) into your build?

Tokuhara
2011-10-21, 12:18 PM
Could you have some fun with a teleporting warrior? Maybe something with Blink Shirt? Maybe something with Blink Shirt combined with Sun School + Snap Kick to get 2 UAS attacks after a telepounce? Or Teflemmar Shadowlord for full attack Shadowpounce?

Or some way to splash a little of this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5883542) into your build?

The class doesn't offer those disciplines

Keld Denar
2011-10-21, 12:33 PM
I see Diamond Mind in both classes...what exactly isn't compatable?

You get your teleporting from Blink Shirt, rather than Shadow Hand maneuvers. Sun School is a feat that triggers a mini-shadowpounce.

Tokuhara
2011-10-21, 01:42 PM
I see Diamond Mind in both classes...what exactly isn't compatable?

You get your teleporting from Blink Shirt, rather than Shadow Hand maneuvers. Sun School is a feat that triggers a mini-shadowpounce.

I have no shadow hand or Setting Sun

Keld Denar
2011-10-21, 01:46 PM
Which is why I said use Blink Shirt for your shadow pouncing instead of Shadow Hand maneuvers. Also, I said Sun School (tactical feat, CWarrior), not Setting Sun.

Tokuhara
2011-10-21, 01:50 PM
Which is why I said use Blink Shirt for your shadow pouncing instead of Shadow Hand maneuvers. Also, I said Sun School (tactical feat, CWarrior), not Setting Sun.

Oh... Sorry bro. Mind in the ToB too much

Edit: I don't qualify for Sun School. It requires Flurry of Blows

Keld Denar
2011-10-21, 02:42 PM
Dip Monk.

Monk2/Ardent1/EnscorledMasquerader3/EphemeralBlade10

Tash up Ephemeral Blade for 12th level monk UAS and Greater Flurry. Take the Freedom Mantle, and use Dimension Hop + Blink Shirt to teleport around the map hitting people with a combination of Sun School, Snap Kick, and Diamond Rift stance.

Kerpow!

Morph Bark
2011-10-21, 04:21 PM
Ah, Soul Calibur, the game series I attempted to base a martial discipline using incarnum as the base. Awesome game series. The class looks pretty interesting too.

Tokuhara
2011-10-21, 04:54 PM
Dip Monk.

Monk2/Ardent1/EnscorledMasquerader3/EphemeralBlade10

Tash up Ephemeral Blade for 12th level monk UAS and Greater Flurry. Take the Freedom Mantle, and use Dimension Hop + Blink Shirt to teleport around the map hitting people with a combination of Sun School, Snap Kick, and Diamond Rift stance.

Kerpow!

Why would I give up a great capstone to get stuff that doesn't actually benefit me? I have a Full BAB and Decent Armor and weapon choices. Besides, not a fan of Bleach-style combat personally.

Keld Denar
2011-10-21, 05:07 PM
Fine. I'll stop helping then.

Tokuhara
2011-10-21, 10:31 PM
Fine. I'll stop helping then.

I'm just saying that if I want to multiclass, I'd just do Crusader 2/Totemist 18. I'm more looking for Soulmelds and feats and maneuvers to optimize EM 20