PDA

View Full Version : Draining Character PF

Waker
2011-10-21, 02:04 PM
In a PF game that I'm playing in, one of the other players is beginning to long for something new. He's interested in playing a character with the ability to debuff, curse and most importantly drain HP from his enemies. He seems most interested in playing someone who can do this from range. I am aware of Vampiric Touch, but are there any other spells that steal HP?
Anyways, the goal is to make a 10th lvl character who can
-Drain HP, preferably at a distance.
-Debuff/Poison/Curse enemies
One last note, the player is relatively new to D&D, so try to keep the character simple. He doesn't need a gigantic list of options and crazy abilities for the player to keep track of, just something that can do the job and make bad guys fall over.

Curious
2011-10-21, 02:14 PM
Surprisingly enough, a Hungry Ghost/ Qinggong Monk with Bloodcrow Strike can do everything you just asked for.

Waker
2011-10-21, 02:33 PM
Surprisingly enough, a Hungry Ghost/ Qinggong Monk with Bloodcrow Strike can do everything you just asked for.

I never thought the day would come where I would ask for the playground to give me a caster type character and the first response would be a monk. I just don't know what to say.
In any event, am I incorrect in understanding the way the Ki powers work for the Qinggong Monk though, don't you have to be lvl 14 before you can select the Bloodcrow Strike?

Ravens_cry
2011-10-21, 02:46 PM
Witch (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/witch)could work with the right hexes and patron.
They ain't called hexes for nothing.

Rentaromon
2011-10-21, 02:48 PM
if u have access to the Beta psionics expanded the new class Vitalist can fit what u want.

He is a healer and buffer but comes in 3 flavors: heavy buff, heavy heal, and life steal/nerf. The last one might not be exactly what u want but its what came to mind, it heals itself and others, keeps the party alive, and acts like a mental vampire instead of the normal vending machine healer.

Curious
2011-10-21, 03:07 PM
I never thought the day would come where I would ask for the playground to give me a caster type character and the first response would be a monk. I just don't know what to say.
In any event, am I incorrect in understanding the way the Ki powers work for the Qinggong Monk though, don't you have to be lvl 14 before you can select the Bloodcrow Strike?

Oh, true enough. :smalltongue:

Actually, a Hexcrafter Magus would do the trick quite nicely, getting Witch hexes and Bestow curse. And then you can grab the Accursed Critical feat so you can nail even more enemies with curses.

Waker
2011-10-21, 04:34 PM
I had actually suggested to him the Hexcrafter Magus (as well as the Blighter Druid) but he didn't seem completely sold. If I get the time I'll probably just make up a few barebone characters using a few of these classes.
Here is what I'm thinking of thus far.
Blighter Druid
Hexcrafter Magus
Witch w/ appropriate Patron
Hungry Ghost/Master of Many Styles Monk