PDA

View Full Version : Making Ze Count

Coidzor
2011-10-21, 07:34 PM
One Dead PC, Two Dead PCs, Three Dead PCs, and you make Four. Four Dead PCs! AH AH AH!

So, this came up a bit ago while watching some classic sesame street on youtubes with my mates. I'm... I'm not sure exactly how, though, but I figured, in comparison with some of the thought experiments lately, it'd be more interesting to see how the Playground would make a numbers and counting obsessed vampire lord given access to all of 3.X.

So, Given any level range and access to 3rd party materials(and please identify the source for such things), how would you do it?

Telonius
2011-10-21, 07:45 PM
There are a couple different ways you could do it.

First would be Wu Jen, if you want to emphasize his obsessive need to count things. I believe they get some lightning-based spells, too.

On the other hand, if you're playing up his "sing and play creepy organ music" schtick, straight-up Bard. Obtain familiar for a few bats, and just have the counting thing be fluff.

Warlock could work thematically.

I really want to be able to work Geometer or Fatespinner in there somewhere. Obviously high-charisma, cause really, who doesn't love Count von Count?

Elric VIII
2011-10-21, 07:51 PM
You could make the verbal components for summoning spells counting. Just use them to summon 1d3 or 1d4+1 creatures.
"One, Two, Three. Three things to rip your face off. Ah ah ah."

Alternatively, make a 1d2 crusader and loundly count after making each attack.

Coidzor
2011-10-22, 01:38 AM
You could make the verbal components for summoning spells counting. Just use them to summon 1d3 or 1d4+1 creatures.
"One, Two, Three. Three things to rip your face off. Ah ah ah."

Alternatively, make a 1d2 crusader and loundly count after making each attack.

Ok. Milk just came out my nose. Thank you.

starwoof
2011-10-22, 01:43 AM
This isn't really relevant, but the warhammer fantasy roleplay book Night's Dark Masters has rules for customizing vampires with weird obsessions, and one of the examples is a vampire who can't resist counting things he comes across. :smallbiggrin:

Weezer
2011-10-22, 02:05 AM
This isn't really relevant, but the warhammer fantasy roleplay book Night's Dark Masters has rules for customizing vampires with weird obsessions, and one of the examples is a vampire who can't resist counting things he comes across. :smallbiggrin:

Actually that's a common trait among vampires, a traditional defense against vampires was to have a bag of rice that you threw at the vampire's feet, forcing it to count them all thus giving you time to escape.