PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf paladin warboar rider optimization

Rosleaw
2011-10-21, 09:02 PM
So my DM just gave me a war boar and told me: you need to optimize it if you wanna keep it. I have need to make a full build. For now i have:
Dwarf
Paladin of Heironeus
Str 18
Dex 10
Con 14
Int 12
Wis 14
Cha 16
After the racial adjustments. Everything is aloud (exept UA)
I ralley wanna make this warboar into a mad winged celestial fire spiting war boar,
Tanks everybody for the help and sorry for the misspelling, i actually speak spanish

Andion Isurand
2011-10-21, 10:57 PM
It's not that Dwarfy, but a Saber (FRCS pg. 97) has the stats of a longsword, dealing slashing or piercing damage, but also granting a +1 bonus on attack rolls while mounted.

hex0
2011-10-22, 08:06 AM
You need anything that stacks with your Paladin level for making your mount stronger.

Paladin 6/Wild Plains Outrider 2/Cavalier 2/Exemplar 1/Cavalier 8 would be decent

Be sure to take the Celestial Mount alternative feature from Planar Handbook at Paladin 6. It will make your Boar all shiny.

TroubleBrewing
2011-10-22, 08:17 AM
Cavalier. It's pretty much THE class for mounted Paladins.

WPO is sick good too, as previously mentioned. Might be hard to qualify for without being a Ranger, though. I'm AFB, otherwise I'd check.

Rosleaw
2011-10-22, 09:50 AM
Ok I have this build:

Paladin1 Mounted Combat
Paladin2
Paladin3 Track
Paladin4
Paladin5
Paladin 6 Weapon Focuss Lance
WPO 1
WPO 2
Fighter 1 Spirited Charge, Ride by Attack
Cavalier 1
Cavalier 2
Cavalier 3 Skill Focus Handle Animal
Cavalier 4
Cavalier 5
Beast Master 1 Devouted Tracker
Cavalier 6
Cavalier 7
Cavalier 8 Something, maybe flyby atack if i can get a winged template
Cavalier 9
Cavalier 10

I saw that thing about Beastmaster+Devouted Tracker and i need to put it on the build. If i undestood it right the boar end with the abilityes of a lvl 23 druid animal companion and a levle 18 paladin mount. :smallbiggrin:
Thanks for the help guys

TroubleBrewing
2011-10-22, 11:47 AM
You do NOT want to miss out on the capstone of Wild Plains Outrider. Seriously.

Rosleaw
2011-10-22, 12:51 PM
You do NOT want to miss out on the capstone of Wild Plains Outrider. Seriously.

You mean the wild plains offensive? I get the same thing at cavalier lvl 6 (althought i get it at lvl 16, 5 levels later)

TroubleBrewing
2011-10-22, 09:05 PM
Ah. Did not actually see that. Also, I've never noticed before that the Cavalier's version is marginally better in that it does not specify melee weapon.

It's really only better in the sense that it's infinitesimally less restrictive. :smalltongue:

Rosleaw
2011-10-24, 03:24 PM
It's not that Dwarfy, but a Saber (FRCS pg. 97) has the stats of a longsword, dealing slashing or piercing damage, but also granting a +1 bonus on attack rolls while mounted.

Do you think the saber is a sword? Because if it is i can use it with the cavalier class feature

Ravens_cry
2011-10-24, 03:41 PM
Do you think the saber is a sword? Because if it is i can use it with the cavalier class feature
I should hope so (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabre).