PDA

View Full Version : Solomon Grundy? [3.PF]

Tanuki Tales
2011-10-22, 12:28 AM
I'm looking to build a Solomon Grundy like NPC and the best I can think of is a Ju Ju Zombie Volodni with levels in Barbarian and the Soul-locked template.

Anyone else have a better method?

Ravens_cry
2011-10-22, 02:36 AM
Which Solomon Grundy are we talking?
Some incarnations he is basically mindless, other times he shows a brutal kind of cunning, and still others even emotion and drive, for example in the Justice League animated series first season.

A Flesh Golem could work. An Awakened one (using the Awaken Construct spell in the Spell Compendium) could work for the more intelligent incarnations.

Tanuki Tales
2011-10-22, 09:42 AM
Which Solomon Grundy are we talking?
Some incarnations he is basically mindless, other times he shows a brutal kind of cunning, and still others even emotion and drive, for example in the Justice League animated series first season.

A Flesh Golem could work. An Awakened one (using the Awaken Construct spell in the Spell Compendium) could work for the more intelligent incarnations.

Well, Solomon Grundy has been a Zombie with plant traits since his first introduction in the 40s.

And I'm not looking to recreate Grundy, just make a Grundy like NPC. So a cunning, Joe Fixit Hulkesque individual would suffice.

Ravens_cry
2011-10-22, 12:20 PM
Well, Solomon Grundy has been a Zombie with plant traits since his first introduction in the 40s.

And I'm not looking to recreate Grundy, just make a Grundy like NPC. So a cunning, Joe Fixit Hulkesque individual would suffice.
You know, add some intelligence, there are ways, and you got what sounds like a Yellow Musk Zombie. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/zombie/yellow-musk-zombie)

Tanuki Tales
2011-10-22, 12:31 PM
You know, add some intelligence, there are ways, and you got what sounds like a Yellow Musk Zombie. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/zombie/yellow-musk-zombie)

I completely forgot about Musk Zombies! :smallsigh:

Thanks a lot. :smallbiggrin:

Ravens_cry
2011-10-22, 01:45 PM
I completely forgot about Musk Zombies! :smallsigh:

Thanks a lot. :smallbiggrin:
I knew my knowledge of AD&D inspired Pathfinder monsters would come in handy some day.:smallcool: