PDA

View Full Version : What current 2D games,would you love seeing made available in a 3D format?

KL70
2011-10-22, 08:46 AM
What current, greatly admired 2D format games, would you love seeing made available in a 3D format and please say why, for any game/s named.

Spartacus
2011-10-22, 09:03 AM
There are actually a lot of games I would rather be made into 2d, or at least something sprite based. I've always liked the style of the older Final Fantasy games (or rather, their Gameboy Advance remakes).

Zevox
2011-10-22, 09:13 AM
Eh, I guess the 2D Zelda games. I've always felt that the 3D Zelda titles were the stronger half of the series, so I guess the older ones might benefit from having their format changed like that.

Beyond that, nothing's coming to mind, really. The 2D to 3D divide tends to change the gameplay in most genres, and the old 2D games that I like I'd want to stay that way.

Zevox

Knaight
2011-10-24, 09:50 AM
I'm with Zevox on the 2D zelda games. However, I would absolutely love to see some turn based 3d games involving tactical aircraft combat. Steambirds, for instance.

Eakin
2011-10-24, 01:24 PM
Based on some recently released concept screens I saw on Destructoid from the new Kirby game for the wii, return to dreamland was almost a 3D platformer. I'd like to see a 3D take on the Kirby franchise