PDA

View Full Version : TRON - style RPG

Croverus
2011-10-22, 04:31 PM
I've very much wanted to create a TRON like game, where the players could pick from playing Users, Avatars, Independant Programs, or something like the Isos from the TRON movie, using those as 'race' temlates. (Avatars, btw, would be programs designed by a user specifically to interact with the TRON-like world without going in themselves.

I've already though up that it would be a pretty skill based game, characters gain exp and spend it on their stats and skills, rather than a class system like DnD. The best looking system to me was the world of darkness system. I would just need to come up with a list of skills, what kind of stat would matter for the game, etc. Also damage tables are small. Users bleed but the other three 'races' derez. In any case, you would not have a great deal of health, so skills to dodge, parry, and so on are important.

I'm just trying to figure out a good point to get started on. Once I have the basic Attibutes and Skills that a person uses to determine what they'e capable of, the rest of the rules will be easier to write up. I'm posting this here for if anyone would be interested in helping, or if anyone knows of a similar game that already exists.

Gorgon_Heap
2011-10-26, 07:34 AM
Dunno what system you're looking for, but I already figgured out most of a TRON game using the WEG D6 system.

Out of love for the setting/films and sheer boredom.

Let me know if you're interested. I don't mind sharing.

Croverus
2011-10-26, 03:15 PM
I haven't thought of that system before. I'd really like to take a look at what you have.