PDA

View Full Version : Foray into Isadore (IC)

Sir_Chivalry
2011-10-22, 11:00 PM
Camp Orion is a large camping area, frequently used by travellers. The nearby church posts guards here, and everyone pays a small amount for the protection to camp here.

The place bustles with prospecters, fortune-seekers, and archaeological expeditions. You are entering alongside a caravan, shuffling into the camp, getting checked for anything suspicious.

You're then shown to a camp with some space for tents and a central fire pit.

ExtravagantEvil
2011-10-23, 08:37 AM
Ellegrad silently walks over, remembering his city life in this outpost and claims a patch of dirt to sleep on with a simple X. Then I stare up to the unbound sky for a moment with my robes tarnished as I lay down in the Dirt I just marked as mine.

Ellegrad thinks to myself, as he lay in the dirt, his guiding light dwelling in the dirt, standing like a dim beacon in the Sun.
"This'll be absolutely exciting. Let's see where Fharlaghn's mighty hand and guidance takes me."

Loki_42
2011-10-23, 06:49 PM
Scott enters camp after a long whiles traveling, and sits around the fire pit, enjoying the rest. His eyes scan along the myriad faces, searching for anything interesting as he sighs to himself.

The Succubus
2011-10-24, 04:41 AM
How did it come to this, she thinks, finally arriving at the camp.

She had lived in her father's Yurgrin estate, enjoyed the trappings of wealth and power. Then the wretched Cataclysm had happened and everything had gone in the blink of an eye, with the thrice damned church and thrice damned mages seizing power away from the old families. There would be a reckoning and the people would fall before her once again....

She shakes her head, clearing her thoughts and takes in the surroundings. The camp is undoubtedly busy, with the hosts of tents seeming like a town in canvas. She notices a few averted gazes from the men nearby and she smiles to herself, remembering that she is not completely powerless.

Her gaze idly wanders across the bonfire and surrounding tents, looking for anything of note.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-10-24, 08:48 AM
How did it come to this, she thinks, finally arriving at the camp.

She had lived in her father's Yurgrin estate, enjoyed the trappings of wealth and power. Then the wretched Cataclysm had happened and everything had gone in the blink of an eye, with the thrice damned church and thrice damned mages seizing power away from the old families. There would be a reckoning and the people would fall before her once again....

She shakes her head, clearing her thoughts and takes in the surroundings. The camp is undoubtedly busy, with the hosts of tents seeming like a town in canvas. She notices a few averted gazes from the men nearby and she smiles to herself, remembering that she is not completely powerless.

Her gaze idly wanders across the bonfire and surrounding tents, looking for anything of note.

There is little of note, except a few trinkets of metal left from a former resident.

Gray Mage
2011-10-24, 08:49 PM
Neil walks into the camp animated that it's such a lively place. Surely a place like this has some form of entretainment. While he leisurely walks around he observes the area, looking for something that seems fun.

If he finds no such thing, he'll pick a spot not too close to the fire to rest.

SirTalen
2011-10-25, 05:55 PM
Gawain was getting accustomed to the life of camping, setting up his camp was a simple affair of unrolling his blanket and dumping his bags. This place will serve well enough.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-10-25, 09:26 PM
A man walks around tending the fires, ensuring they are burning. Another service the church provides.

A young woman darts about, offering to sell anyone who needs it oil, flints, and whetstones.

Loki_42
2011-10-26, 04:26 PM
Scott begins to grow restless, and looks around for anyone who may wish to converse.

The Succubus
2011-10-31, 04:42 PM
She gazes around the fire and finds her attention drawn to a young man sitting close to the flames. She senses something unusual about this one, yet at the same time familiar.

....power....She can feel it. Not too strong at the moment but the potential is there. A useful tool perhaps, with a little care and attention.

The young man's body language marks him out as not exactly the friendliest of people but if anything, she has a unique capacity for making friends. She smiles gently, slowly walks towards him and sits close enough to seem friendly, yet to avoid encroaching in his personal space.

"So, traveller, what brings you to the edge of civilisation?"

ExtravagantEvil
2011-10-31, 08:31 PM
I clamber from my sojourn of rest, seeing the woman by me.
In gentle spirit I say, with a slight whisper to my voice
[COLOR="DarkGreen" I am but a follower to the roads of fate, and the unpaved roads of the world. Helping all who travel by me. This humble crossroad is but a temporary stay, until the Roads call me again. Why do you ask? [/COLOR]
I say, with a slight curiosity.

Loki_42
2011-11-02, 06:26 PM
Scott pushes up to Ellegrad and with curtness says, "I believe she was talking to me." To Miss Neris, "I am doing some work out here for the mages. Why do you ask this of me?"

The Succubus
2011-11-04, 01:08 PM
She giggles, impishly. In the privacy of her own mind, she sets a timer to see how long it will be before she has them at each other's throats.

"Well, gentlemen," she says, smiling her sweetest smile for both of them, "I must confess I'm not entirely sure. I have not travelled here at the behest of anyone. I prefer to go my own way....for the most part. It depends on the company and I know that the roads further afield are more....problematic...for a woman alone. I've actually come here in regard to rumours concerning Isadore. A friend of mine spoke briefly of news coming from here and that little birds were singing of *this* camp in particular. I do not suppose you gentlemen know more of what is transpiring here?"

ExtravagantEvil
2011-11-04, 04:38 PM
I know not
I say simply to the woman before me, wondering why she smiles so.
I simply tossed my light down this road one night, and found a place to gather a minimum amount of supplies, and find this a nice spot to rest. If it suits you, I'll be heading off into the wilderness and paths again soon, if you'd like someone to help you get there to this "Isadore" it is my duty to Fharlaghn to assist the wayfarers and travellers I meet.

Loki_42
2011-11-04, 06:18 PM
Scott shrugs and eyes the woman up and down. "I myself don't know so much of the situation, I only know that important people are interested in it. And if important people are interested in it, I suppose I should get some interest too." He thinks to himself: "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have some eye candy along. And it never hurts to have back-up.". Clearing his throat, he says: "I don't extend this offer to many people, but I suppose if you two want some purpose other than wandering around in the woods, I could accompany you. Just try not to bother me."

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-04, 07:06 PM
Evening falls on the camp, and the noise grows louder, as many people build fires and sing and dance long into the night.

A bard wanders past, apparently not of any camp, and sits down nearby.

"Anyone for some foodstuffs? I have extra ever since I lost my band on the road. I'll give them to ya, good price."

ExtravagantEvil
2011-11-04, 07:44 PM
I silently shrug off his suggestion, and I look up to the sky and occasionally at the roaring campfire, lost in a trance of the natural world.

Gray Mage
2011-11-04, 08:23 PM
Neil simply makes a no sign with his head. Provisions are not a problem for him in his immediate future. He then prepares to lie down.

Loki_42
2011-11-04, 08:44 PM
"I'll bite. What's the cost?" Scott asks.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-06, 08:27 PM
"I'll bite. What's the cost?" Scott asks.

"About 4 silvers a day's worth."

Loki_42
2011-11-11, 09:15 PM
"I'm traveling with others now, I suppose I should be cautious." Scott shells out eight silvers for two extra days of food.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-11, 10:00 PM
"Well, you'll be needing it. I'm turning back myself, without my group there's little reason to proceed."

ExtravagantEvil
2011-11-11, 10:48 PM
I wonder a moment as he says this, I give one stiff inquiry and continue to stare upwards
Why do you not have your group mates? Is there something wrong?
I ask quickly, seeing if he is in need.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-18, 10:29 PM
I wonder a moment as he says this, I give one stiff inquiry and continue to stare upwards
Why do you not have your group mates? Is there something wrong?
I ask quickly, seeing if he is in need.

"They were killed by marauding monsters. A pack of beasts made off with them, and I was left to flee here."