PDA

View Full Version : Question about Fast Healing and bleeding out in PF.

Mockingbird
2011-10-23, 08:25 PM
If I'm a PC with 4 levels in warshaper (which I am, :P), I gain Fast Healing 2. Does this make me automatically stabilize when I am unconscious because I gain 2 HP per round? In PF you do not die until you have an amount of negative hit points equal to your Constitution score, mine including the +4 from Warshaper is 20.

If you do not stabilize, you lose 1 HP per round. That would mean I'm still gaining HP, even at negative hit points.

MesiDoomstalker
2011-10-23, 08:45 PM
If I'm a PC with 4 levels in warshaper (which I am, :P), I gain Fast Healing 2. Does this make me automatically stabilize when I am unconscious because I gain 2 HP per round? In PF you do not die until you have an amount of negative hit points equal to your Constitution score, mine including the +4 from Warshaper is 20.

If you do not stabilize, you lose 1 HP per round. That would mean I'm still gaining HP, even at negative hit points.

Not sure about PF, but most Fast Healing entries say you stop healing after loosing conciousness. Double check that and get back to us.

Rentaromon
2011-10-23, 08:51 PM
fast healing changed a bit in pathfinder.

it works whenever u r alive, and stops any bleeding. so that -1 each turn would stop. when u reach -21 and would die it stops, and u die.

Psyren
2011-10-24, 12:19 AM
Fast Healing in PF explicitly works even after you're in negatives. However, you still have to make Con checks because you haven't been stabilized by another character.

Rentaromon
2011-10-24, 12:46 AM
Fast Healing in PF explicitly works even after you're in negatives. However, you still have to make Con checks because you haven't been stabilized by another character.

you stabilize when you receive a heal check or magical healing. im gona think fast healing would count as magical healing, its one of the most powerful types of healing after all.

Psyren
2011-10-24, 08:16 AM
you stabilize when you receive a heal check or magical healing. im gona think fast healing would count as magical healing, its one of the most powerful types of healing after all.

Yes, a Warshaper's is magical, and I misread a line on the SRD. Fast Healing will allow you to recover just fine.

Paul H
2011-10-24, 11:02 AM
Hi

Don't forget, in PF once you reach minus con in HP, you're dead. No waiting until end of round stuff. Dead.

That said, hopefully your fast healing will stop you before you get that far. Just beware area attack spells!

Thanks
Paul H