PDA

View Full Version : Arkham Horror: Cooter!

Yeturs
2011-10-24, 02:54 PM
Did anyone ever really like Cooter? He shows up on one card in the graveyard (At least, in the non expanded game) but he always came up at the worst time when my group plays.

So, I came across some spare time, and decided to make cooter a bit more... relevant. I made him into a herald. My group does not play much though, so little chance to play test him.

Heres his rough draft though.

(Pic may be large, so I am spoiling it)
http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb438/yeturs/Cooter2.jpg

Design goals: To inhibit movement across arkham city and provide a good money leak, making things like bank loans and retainers more relevant. Also, should the elder evil awake, cooter makes it sufficiently scarier by shoving it in your face, making the game less likely to succeed should the evil awake.

My group always gets strong common items, like the rifle or shotgun, and then money is useless. We have never actually gone to the bank! That is a shame.

We also put the game off until the evil awakens, most of the time. I want to make that harder to use as the win condition.

I am also in need of cooter encounters. Anyone have some good ideas for what he could do in various places?