PDA

View Full Version : Question On Incopreal Spawning

Gorfang113
2011-10-24, 07:58 PM
So I had a thought while I was thinking of a necromancer build today. When a wraith, specter, shadow or other such incorpreal undead kills it creates a spawn from the slain creature unless the creature is warded against it. How exactly does this happen? Is the body itself consumed in the process, or is only the soul taken. Because I always imagined a wraith ripping a victims soul out and corrupting it, leaving an empty shell of a corpse behind. And if the corpse is left intact then could you use animate dead on it to create a skeleton or zombie? Because if that is the case then you could get double the undead from a single body.

Kol Korran
2011-10-25, 06:25 AM
i'm not that savvy about necromancy, but i think i read somewhere that even with skeletons and zombies, the soul of the deceased fuels the undead (which is why you can't raise him or resurrect him) this is what makes the spell [EVIL] but i think there have been many alterations to that.

in the end, it's what the DM decides. i always imagined that the soul of the dead is perverted by the spell, and becomes the incorporeal undead.