PDA

View Full Version : Help: 3.5 & LA +0 Tall Mouther

hisnamehere
2011-10-24, 09:36 PM
FR-MoF has a creature in it called the Tall Mouther. He's a large aberration with 6 arms and a central head/face. It is 7 HD with no LA.
Edit: As pointed out, this is a 3.0 stat-block, so the LA might be off.

I want to make one of these, but want a medium-sized, zero HD version to start at first level with.
Three levels of Mouther Paragon and four levels (or more if he's got a LA) of the Tall Mother PrC would grant you all the stats of the original Tall Mouther.

So, first off, how can I make a six-armed, medium-sized creature a LA +0?
Secondly, does anyone believe the Tall Mouther to have a LA beyond its 7 HD? (as I'm terrible with determining this)
Thirdly, I believe I can handle the Paragon levels and PrC on my own.

Thanks in advance!

Debihuman
2011-10-24, 10:41 PM
First, Monsters of Faerūn is a 3.0 book so LA is not mentioned. That does not mean it is LA +0. It should be updated to 3.5 before you assess what LA it deserves. There is no official product from WotC that updates this book unfortunately.

Debby

hisnamehere
2011-10-26, 09:19 AM
Okay, how about this?

Mouther Racial Traits:
- +4 Dexterity, -4 Intelligence, -4 Charisma. Savage and obscene by nature, mouther's survive in the wilds by being more agile than their competitors.
- Type: Aberration (alien physiology).
- Medium.
- Mouther base land speed is 30ft.
- +4 racial bonus to Climb checks. More hands for better holds.
- -2 racial penalty to Jump checks. A lack of legs limits a mouther's vertical.
- 6 arms. Most combat-oriented mouthers take the Multi-Weapon Fighting feat to best make use of their numerous arms. However, as they use their arms/hands for standing as well, they may only make use of 4 arms in any given round with which to attack. Also, only 3 hands may hold weapons.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Halfling, Orc, Goblin.
- Favored Class: Barbarian.