PDA

View Full Version : Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Iskandar
2011-10-24, 10:07 PM
Ok, time for a new post. A little early yet, but there is a lot of info to cover, so here we go:

A regular member of my multiplayer server, Destro Yersul, also has a SSP LP:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL30A373E9C72BC380&feature=mh_lolz

For those who wish to join the mutliplayer server, we are whitelisted. PM Domochevsky your Minecraft user name, he will pm you the server IP.

We have a mumble voice chat server here (mumble://209.239.114.150:2062/?version=1.2.3), Domochevsky is on there a lot, as am I, though not as often as I should be. Feel free to stop by and chat at any time, or if you need help with something don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks to Domochevsky for server hosting, and hosting the installer for me, and thanks to all the wonderful players on the MP server.

3SecondCultist
2011-10-25, 05:43 AM
Hooray, new thread! :smallbiggrin:

I amend my previous statement (in thread I). Thanks for linking the tutorial, Iska. I should be on by tomorrow.

Qwertystop
2011-10-25, 07:35 AM
Is there a guide to Industrialcraft 2 or Buildcraft? The only one I found for Buildcraft is a video that shows what's new to an update, in a thick accent. I can't find anything at all for IC2 beyond that the original Industrialcraft is no longer active.

KillianHawkeye
2011-10-25, 07:40 AM
What about texture packs? I use Painterly. As far as I can tell it doesn't support the mods.

Destro_Yersul
2011-10-25, 08:27 AM
Is there a guide to Industrialcraft 2 or Buildcraft? The only one I found for Buildcraft is a video that shows what's new to an update, in a thick accent. I can't find anything at all for IC2 beyond that the original Industrialcraft is no longer active.

http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

This'll be for IC2. Should tell you pretty much everything you could ever need to know. Buildcraft is a bit trickier. Their wiki is old and out-of-date. That video you found, however, I suspect it's one of SpaceToad's. He's the one who actually made the darn thing, so if you watch enough of his videos that should give you a good idea. The basic stuff is pretty simple anyways. Make engine, make pipes, automate everything

Qwertystop
2011-10-25, 08:36 AM
http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

This'll be for IC2. Should tell you pretty much everything you could ever need to know. Buildcraft is a bit trickier. Their wiki is old and out-of-date. That video you found, however, I suspect it's one of SpaceToad's. He's the one who actually made the darn thing, so if you watch enough of his videos that should give you a good idea. The basic stuff is pretty simple anyways. Make engine, make pipes, automate everything

The problem with the videos is that neither I nor the auto-captions can understand his accent easily. And the videos only mention the latest update, so a lot of it assumes that you already know how it all works (which I don't)

EDIT: Thanks for the IC link though.

Destro_Yersul
2011-10-25, 08:45 AM
The problem with the videos is that neither I nor the auto-captions can understand his accent easily. And the videos only mention the latest update, so a lot of it assumes that you already know how it all works (which I don't)

EDIT: Thanks for the IC link though.

http://minecraftbuildcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Minecraft_Buildcraft_Wiki

Here's the buildcraft one as well. It looks like someone updated it recently, but I make no guarantees about the accuracy of any of the information therein. It'll at least get you the recipes for things, though.

The Shadowmind
2011-10-25, 09:28 AM
Darn server ate my Quarry, those things are freaking expensive in material costs.

The reason I know it was server causes is there was no explosion damage from a engine blowing, and several nearby blocks that I had dug out where back in place.

Sen isSaqqara
2011-10-25, 11:52 AM
Hey Domo! map of new crop plz?

3SecondCultist
2011-10-25, 01:02 PM
The server saves the map automatically, I think. It was doing it when we were on.

On another note, my Minecraft is crashing hardcore. It might be graphics, but I am not very sure.

Domochevsky
2011-10-25, 01:05 PM
What about texture packs? I use Painterly. As far as I can tell it doesn't support the mods.

I got painterly as well. Looks like there is no interference and you just see the default mod textures. :smallsmile:

(Not sure what's up with the quarry vanishing though.)

New map (http://www.mc.wildwestscifi.net/map111024.png), too. It looks a bit jumbled currently, but there's now plenty of space to find new ores and veines (Can't do veines for the new ores, however). >_>

Edit: Cultist, try installing it without Optifine, if you got that going. It seems to be somewhat error prone.

Zain
2011-10-25, 01:25 PM
Attention Citizens of spawn town.

Using a cactus farm, two compressors, buildcraft piping and either solar or bio fuel generators* Zail corp plans to build a automated Bio-fuel system. As we will require aid in this endeavor, as copper and tin will be needed, but a green power system is paramount. Zail corp, builders of the rebirth rail line, will be heading up the project, and will provide fuel to the public free of charge.

Thank you,

Zain, Zail corp CEO.

Iskandar
2011-10-25, 01:47 PM
SP LP is updated to episode 13, here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRC8lt-3drw), as soon as it finishes processing. Recorded yesterday.

MP LP will be recorded tonight, now that I'm a bit more caught up.

The Shadowmind
2011-10-25, 01:58 PM
Well it wasn't just a quarry, it was a quarry, a steam engine, a redstone engine, and a lever. So I'm thinking the chunk that is was in didn't get saved right so it restored it to an earlier save.

Iskandar
2011-10-25, 02:51 PM
Shadowmind: Grab either me or Domo in mumble or in game, and we'll reimburse you for the materials lost. The vanishing chunk thing happens, Farhome got hit that way once, so I know how it goes.

In other news, quarries are EXPENSIVE to operate. Holy COW. Currently running mine is costing me about 1 charcoal per 8 - 10 blocks dug up. Since my quarry is 40x40x60 deep.... the math is painful, 10,000 or so charcoal it looks like.

Yeesh. Luckily i found some oil, so we shall see if that helps any.

Destro_Yersul
2011-10-25, 03:17 PM
I'll just leave this here: Episode 5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vwlDQum7xs)

Also, I believe you can operate quarries with redstone engines. It makes them a lot slower, but it should be possible. I think you can operate most anything with enough redstone engines. I have two of them powering a mining well, and that works fine, albeit slowly. If you aren't in a hurry...

3SecondCultist
2011-10-25, 06:14 PM
Attention Citizens of spawn town.

Using a cactus farm, two compressors, buildcraft piping and either solar or bio fuel generators* Zail corp plans to build a automated Bio-fuel system. As we will require aid in this endeavor, as copper and tin will be needed, but a green power system is paramount. Zail corp, builders of the rebirth rail line, will be heading up the project, and will provide fuel to the public free of charge.

Thank you,

Zain, Zail corp CEO.

That's not very original, by the way. I mean, YersulCorp is so much more prominent, and I think that I can speak for everyone when I say that we here on the server need only one megacorporation present.

Thank you, very much, from the dedicated staff here at Cult Industries. We are sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused by this message.

Crossblade
2011-10-25, 11:48 PM
I saw a video (probably Yogscast) where the user of a Quarry had the quarry machine on a sort of pier, and it dug into the water. Was a good way to preserve the landscape.

The Shadowmind
2011-10-25, 11:53 PM
I know of the yogcast technic pack video, one show quarries on a pier set up.

It also helps avoiding the falling in a hole problem, and the lava problem.

Crossblade
2011-10-26, 02:41 AM
Wouldn't the lava "problem" be just easy access for more lava fuel?

Sen isSaqqara
2011-10-26, 08:48 AM
No new multiplayer video, Iskandar? :smallfrown:

3SecondCultist
2011-10-26, 08:53 AM
No new multiplayer video, Iskandar? :smallfrown:

Yeah...

(also, DreamingMage, go check Six from Shadow OOC. I think you'll like what you find.)

Iskandar
2011-10-26, 12:24 PM
Server updated to BC 2.2.4 to fix a nasty crash error, and we added the bucket filler add on from my SP series. Go to the first post for links.

My installer has been updated to reflect the changes, I also removed Optifine for the moment, it was causing crash errors.

If you've already installed Optifine, it may be a good idea to start over. If not, re-running the new installer will update your mods for you, just ignore the warning about needing a fresh install.

Edit: New video coming later, I've got a few things to do as I try to dekink Optifine.

Odd that it screws up multiplayer, my SP world relies on it, and no problems....

Sen isSaqqara
2011-10-26, 01:15 PM
It's probably just configured for your computer. Anyways, what new mods do we have to add? I add mine by hand, so if you could link me to the downloads, that would be great. (I want to keep optifine, you see. I changed the settings so it works for me.)

Iskandar
2011-10-26, 01:48 PM
The first post has the links.

Iskandar
2011-10-27, 01:35 AM
Uh, Domo, what mods are on the server? I just had a tool auto-repair and eat up an iron ingot at the same time. Cool, but some warning would be nice....

And is logblock completely down?

Everyone else: new MP episode soon. NOW (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjZU5PsQEVg)

Or at least, as soon as it gets done processing.

Destro_Yersul
2011-10-27, 09:52 AM
Hmm. I may not be able to get onto the server at all now. It seems to want to crash my client after a minute or so every time I log in.

3SecondCultist
2011-10-27, 10:13 AM
Hmm. I may not be able to get onto the server at all now. It seems to want to crash my client after a minute or so every time I log in.

Ditto. :smallfrown:

Iskandar
2011-10-27, 10:35 AM
If you have optifine installed, remove it. Also, make sure BC is up to date, we moved to BC 2.2.4.

Destro_Yersul
2011-10-27, 10:41 AM
No optifine, buildcraft is 2.2.4. I deleted pretty much everything in the Minecraft folder and redownloaded the jar and whatnot, then ran the latest version of your custom installer. Dunno why it's doing this now. I had no problems with the older version.

Iskandar
2011-10-27, 10:53 AM
Huh. I had your problem as well, and my only fix was to remove Optifine, and things are fine now.

Will check.

edit: try nuking the buildcraft, mods, and config directories under your minecraft installation.

Destro_Yersul
2011-10-27, 10:55 AM
Wonder if it would work better if I added Optifine back in. It worked with it for me earlier. Wouldn't that be funny?

Iskandar
2011-10-27, 11:01 AM
Join mumble, I'll try to help

The Shadowmind
2011-10-27, 11:09 AM
Aww my new house didn't get shown in the video. It was up but you never went to the teleporter with the Copper blocks.

Domochevsky
2011-10-27, 11:13 AM
Hm, this is definitely a problem... something about new terrain being generated apparently crashes random clients. Somehow. With no error messages. :/

I'm wondering though: Did you overwrite the previous version or did you start over with a clean jar? If the former, try the latter.
Applying the ModloaderMP fix (http://player.to/ic2_20110925_v112/modloadermp-client_fix.7z) might also do something for you there.

Mods currently in use:
- AutoRepair (Does just that, as long as you have sufficient materials. Gold tools in addition to that can also be repaired with a bunch of gravel, making both useful again.)

- ChopTree (Timber, yo.)

- EndermanPickup (Prevents them from doing that.)

- MineralVein (Bunches ores further together, making them harder to find but richer once you do. Different experience, that. Does not affect the ICē ores.)

- LogBlock (I just readded it, without Spout dependencies. So far nothing seems to have broken.)

- Runecraft (Runecraft, yo.)

- MobChange (Lets us change what comes out of a mobspawner. Why do we have this? Because mumblemumble.)

Iskandar
2011-10-27, 11:24 AM
For those if you with crashing problems with my installer, please try going into a singleplayer world and see if the crashing is also occurring there. If it is, it is my problem, if it isn't, it is a problem with a server that Domo and I will have to track down.

3SecondCultist
2011-10-27, 11:35 AM
For those if you with crashing problems with my installer, please try going into a singleplayer world and see if the crashing is also occurring there. If it is, it is my problem, if it isn't, it is a problem with a server that Domo and I will have to track down.

I have been playing in Singleplayer, trying to figure out how IndustrialCraft and BuildCraft works. This is a problem with the server, I think.

Iskandar
2011-10-27, 11:41 AM
Good then. In theory my installer should not be causing problems, and if it is, I can't fix it. In theory, it only does automatically what is usually be done by hand, IE dumping stuff in the minecraft jar and mods folder, and that is it.

Domochevsky
2011-10-27, 11:48 AM
It doesn't add the ModloaderMP fix (linked further up), though, which might help here. Did anyone try it out?

Sen isSaqqara
2011-10-27, 11:57 AM
It seems to be working for me.

Iskandar
2011-10-27, 11:11 PM
And now, a special edition of my SP LP, a collection of mods I rejected for one reason or another, but are too cool not to share:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9fxqRhTMQA

Crossblade
2011-10-28, 01:57 AM
That punchy mod is way too loud...
Tale of a Kingdom looked cool though, in theory.

Iskandar
2011-10-28, 02:04 AM
Yeah, Tale of Kingdoms came VERY close to being a focus of my SP LP. In the end, I decided that I REALLY didn't want to turn Minecraft into a RTS, nor did I want to focus on fighting quite that much.

Having said that, I'd watch the hell out of a LP of that mod.

Destro_Yersul
2011-10-28, 08:22 AM
Hm, this is definitely a problem... something about new terrain being generated apparently crashes random clients. Somehow. With no error messages. :/

I'm wondering though: Did you overwrite the previous version or did you start over with a clean jar? If the former, try the latter.
Applying the ModloaderMP fix (http://player.to/ic2_20110925_v112/modloadermp-client_fix.7z) might also do something for you there.

I deleted the entire bin folder and let Minecraft redownload everything. That's the cleanest JAR I could get. I've tried the modloader MP fix, and it's still doing it. So, yeah.

3SecondCultist
2011-10-28, 08:23 AM
I deleted the entire bin folder and let Minecraft redownload everything. That's the cleanest JAR I could get. I've tried the modloader MP fix, and it's still doing it. So, yeah.

I have the same problem as him.

Iskandar
2011-10-28, 09:25 AM
That is annoying. If it works in single player, but not in multi, there is something wrong with the server itself.

Might be a good idea to have Domo kill your profiles and have you start over at spawn, see if that helps.

3SecondCultist
2011-10-28, 09:54 AM
That is annoying. If it works in single player, but not in multi, there is something wrong with the server itself.

Might be a good idea to have Domo kill your profiles and have you start over at spawn, see if that helps.

Won't I lose all the stuff that I'm carrying?

Iskandar
2011-10-28, 10:00 AM
Yes, you would. I can, however, replace it easily enough.

Get on mumble, will you, and I'll try to work you through this.

3SecondCultist
2011-10-28, 10:06 AM
Yes, you would. I can, however, replace it easily enough.

Get on mumble, will you, and I'll try to work you through this.

I am in class at the moment, so speaking to my computer while my teacher is lecturing might be considered suspicious, at best. :smalltongue:

Iskandar
2011-10-28, 10:07 AM
Ah, well. I'll be around for a bit. If you log in while I'm around, i'll pull youto spawn, which might fix your problem.

Otherwise, you'll need to write down anything important you are carrying, and I'll have Domo wipe your profile.

It worked for me.

Edit: Yeah, crashes. It seems to be that hanging on the edge of the world WILL crash the client as new terrain is generated. This should NOT be happening. You are fine as long as you are near terrrain that is already generated. Wandering into new territory, or if you are near where Domo cropped, bang, crash.

Iskandar
2011-10-28, 10:38 AM
Huh, okay, VERY weird. Went exploring a bit, everything is fine. Come over a mountain, into a valley, CTD. Log in, move a bit, CTD. Log in, don't move for a few minutes, keep exploring, no problems.

What?

3SecondCultist
2011-10-28, 10:39 AM
Ah, well. I'll be around for a bit. If you log in while I'm around, i'll pull youto spawn, which might fix your problem.

Otherwise, you'll need to write down anything important you are carrying, and I'll have Domo wipe your profile.

It worked for me.

My computer is going to die, so I'll do this later.

Iskandar
2011-10-28, 11:46 AM
ok, found the error.
Domo, managed to trap and copy the error.

Warning: Texture /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/pigalot/gui/block_textures.png no
t preloaded, will cause render glitches!
java.lang.NullPointerException
at bv.a(WorldRenderer.java:143)
at i.a(RenderGlobal.java:1144)
at iw.a(EntityRenderer.java:780)
at iw.b(EntityRenderer.java:657)
at EntityRendererProxy.b(EntityRendererProxy.java:15)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:689)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Stopping!

Iskandar
2011-10-28, 12:05 PM
OK I found the crash, I fixed the crash.

Those who have used my installer (that would be you 3Sec) need to go to wherever they installed minecraft and wipe out the buildcraft folder.

It turns out that the bucketfiller mod conflicts with something in there, and by deleting it you force buildcraft to rebuild it, thus resolving the problem.

Destro_Yersul
2011-10-28, 12:13 PM
Can confirm that works. Tried it myself, no longer getting crashes.

Also, will put up another episode of my LP tomorrow.

Domochevsky
2011-10-28, 01:05 PM
Good, good. Let's hope that lasts.

Meanwhile... suggestion: adding this (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/328725-181wireless-redstone-v14/) mod to the server. Wireless redstone. It adds a new block that can be connected to each other like a radio for redstone wiring. What's your opinion on that? (Yes, it will require adding it to the client installer as well.)
:smallsmile:

Zain
2011-10-28, 09:28 PM
Colour me interested, but apprehensive about that one domo.

3SecondCultist
2011-10-28, 09:41 PM
Good, good. Let's hope that lasts.

Meanwhile... suggestion: adding this (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/328725-181wireless-redstone-v14/) mod to the server. Wireless redstone. It adds a new block that can be connected to each other like a radio for redstone wiring. What's your opinion on that? (Yes, it will require adding it to the client installer as well.)
:smallsmile:

I was interested in Industrial Craft at first, but I am getting quite disinterested now. Buildcraft seems buggy as hell, and I'm not having any fun experimenting in Singleplayer. Adding these to the server seems cool enough, but I can't keep up with the times, and I am only embarrassing myself trying. If even more layers of complexity are introduced, then I'm afraid I will no longer be able to join you in your new utopia.

Iskandar
2011-10-28, 11:09 PM
3Sec: Yeah, that was why I haven't really been pushing more mods to the server. I don't want to overly complicate things for those for whom the base game is good enough.

On a related tangent, has my suggested fix fixed your crashing issue? I hope so, my goal with the installer was to make things as painless as possible for those who wish to join me on my travels.

Zain
2011-10-29, 12:19 AM
I feel that we've reached a nice plateau when it comes to mods.

Domochevsky
2011-10-29, 12:42 AM
Hm, alright then. Things are complicated enough as it stands, i guess. :smallsmile:

(Also: diamond drill, yo.)

Iskandar
2011-10-29, 02:00 AM
Yeah, I'm always one for more mods all the time.

However, as part of a community I realize that this attitude is not always shared by most of the people I play with. So, simplicity rules, and that is cool too.

Edit: Domo, you're going to need a Batpack, or maybe two, to use that thing. It uses an absurd amount of power. Durability of about 256 on a full charge, I think, although dirt and gravel uses less charge.

Destro_Yersul
2011-10-29, 07:48 AM
I like Wireless Redstone, but using it multiplayer would become... complicated... very quickly. You'd have to make sure nothing else was using the same frequency as you every time you put up a new set of blocks, because otherwise it could activate or deactivate someone else's stuff somewhere else.

Industrialcraft and Buildcraft are enough, I think.

Zain
2011-10-29, 10:22 AM
Also, Chainsaws seem to work as well a diamond swords. This makes me very happy.

Destro_Yersul
2011-10-29, 10:49 AM
As you all know, YersulCorp is committed to bringing you the best quality public services around. As such, we here at YersulCorp are proud to announce that the YersulCorp High Efficiency Organic Tree Farm has been upgraded with 15 rubber trees. Unfortunately, this did necessitate a reduction of charcoal production capacity, but we feel the trade-off is worth it. The new trees have been installed on the left side of the farm when entering, and carefully stripped of their leaves for best access to resin-taps.

This service is provided to you free of charge by YersulCorp. We ask only that you please do not damage the trees in any way. Rubber trees are expensive, and we had to import these ones from some desolate swamp really far away. Thank you.

Destro Yersul,
CEO, YersulCorp.

Sen isSaqqara
2011-10-29, 10:57 AM
Hey Destro, you know what YersulCorp needs? A division in charge of exploration and exploitation of new natural resources in outer territories. I would be willing to create such a division based from the Explorator's Outpost I built a while back. The idea would be to explore outwards and build small outposts with teleporters at resource-rich sites for YersulCorp to use. Sound interesting?

Destro_Yersul
2011-10-29, 12:32 PM
Sounds like a plan. I've already found one such site. I'll give you an office in my HQ building once it's built. That's the next project, although first I need an ungodly amount of wool.

In other news, LP Episode 6 is uploading now. I don't have a link for it yet, but I'm going to sleep now. Just letting you know it's going up soon, and I will edit a link in when I wake up.

3SecondCultist
2011-10-29, 12:52 PM
Okay, so I got a fresh install of Minecraft, re-implemented your installer, with all the mods. I then deleted the buildcraft folder. It works.

Iskandar
2011-10-29, 02:50 PM
Yay! Sorry about that, the installer was kinda hacked together and thus a few bugs crept in. Glad you can connect again.

Qwertystop
2011-10-29, 03:27 PM
The Quarry hit an Abandoned Rail Shaft!

Can't remember your name, person who was helping me with it (I'm Master256 on Minecraft), but I thought you should know.

3SecondCultist
2011-10-29, 03:42 PM
I have taken some baby steps to industrialization: iron furnaces and some new ores. I am planning a full overhaul of my Estate, complete with pipelines and multiple underground quarries, as well as a melon farm and a new rail line. :smallbiggrin:

Qwertystop
2011-10-29, 03:50 PM
The Quarry hit an Abandoned Rail Shaft!

Can't remember your name, person who was helping me with it (I'm Master256 on Minecraft), but I thought you should know.

Oh, also, the pipes were broken by a creeper. Luckily, the actual Quarry device is intact, but it's now unpowered and not connected to the chests.

The Shadowmind
2011-10-29, 04:48 PM
I was wondering why the quarry wasn't working anymore, I repaired the pipes and disabled the pipe that was adding coal to the engines since they were full. I'll turn the quarry back on then, if the teleporter is still there(creeper appeared right when I clicked the teleporer).

Qwertystop
2011-10-29, 04:58 PM
I was wondering why the quarry wasn't working anymore, I repaired the pipes and disabled the pipe that was adding coal to the engines since they were full. I'll turn the quarry back on then, if the teleporter is still there(creeper appeared right when I clicked the teleporer).

Did you see the stuff from the rail shaft in the box?

EDIT: Also, we've pretty much passed the coal clump. When can we divvy up the results and move the Quarry to that huge iron mine?

Destro_Yersul
2011-10-29, 07:29 PM
Ok, link to the episode is here: http://youtu.be/sbBFdQm8jEM

in server related news, thanks to a bit of partial loading lag, I snagged a screenshot of the effect of that mineral vein mod.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n199/ArtemistheHunter/2011-10-29_065829.png?t=1319934490

I am highly amused.

Artemis97
2011-10-29, 08:34 PM
You have hieroglyphs! Eeee!

Qwertystop
2011-10-29, 08:40 PM
Shadowmind, this Quarry seems to be entirely Coal just like the other one. I wonder where the Iron is? I don't think we could have entirely missed the Iron.

The Shadowmind
2011-10-29, 09:13 PM
I checked the iron area, and about half of what as uncovered in the the quarry area, the rest is further up. So once the quarry is done with its current task we can move it up for the rest of the iron.

Qwertystop
2011-10-29, 09:32 PM
I checked the iron area, and about half of what as uncovered in the the quarry area, the rest is further up. So once the quarry is done with its current task we can move it up for the rest of the iron.

Ah, so it just wasn't deep enough when i checked? Good to know.

EDIT: I just made and attatched a Steam Engine to the side of one of the existing engines. It is being activated by the redstone torch that was previously activating the gold pipe, and fueled by a stack of coal from the previous mine. Hopefully that will speed the mining.

3SecondCultist
2011-10-30, 12:07 AM
Ah, so it just wasn't deep enough when i checked? Good to know.

EDIT: I just made and attatched a Steam Engine to the side of one of the existing engines. It is being activated by the redstone torch that was previously activating the gold pipe, and fueled by a stack of coal from the previous mine. Hopefully that will speed the mining.

If I were to contribute resources to your Quarry projects, would I get a cut of the profits? I have diamonds coming out of my ears, but I will be needing a lot more iron and coal in the near future.

Qwertystop
2011-10-30, 08:33 AM
If I were to contribute resources to your Quarry projects, would I get a cut of the profits? I have diamonds coming out of my ears, but I will be needing a lot more iron and coal in the near future.

Well, it's not so much a "Quarry project" as "I found an enormous vein of iron that I dug a large cave into, and the cave walls are pretty much still made of iron". I asked for help digging it out and Shadowmind brought a quarry. If you bring engines or something to power it, I'd say you could have a cut. Not sure if an equal split would be best though, as you would be joining later and just making it faster.

How does 25% sound, and me and Shadowmind would get 37.5% each?

Pending Shadowmind's agreement, of course. Also, you could take as much as you want from the junk bin of the first quarry and 50/50 split the second one, since Shadowmind doesn't want any of that and I've taken what I want from the first.

3SecondCultist
2011-10-30, 08:39 AM
Well, it's not so much a "Quarry project" as "I found an enormous vein of iron that I dug a large cave into, and the cave walls are pretty much still made of iron". I asked for help digging it out and Shadowmind brought a quarry. If you bring engines or something to power it, I'd say you could have a cut. Not sure if an equal split would be best though, as you would be joining later and just making it faster.

How does 25% sound, and me and Shadowmind would get 37.5% each?

Pending Shadowmind's agreement, of course. Also, you could take as much as you want from the junk bin of the first quarry and 50/50 split the second one, since Shadowmind doesn't want any of that and I've taken what I want from the first.

Works for me. I can set up a quarry, but not today, unfortunately. I have a ton of school work to do. :smallsigh:

Qwertystop
2011-10-30, 08:43 AM
Works for me. I can set up a quarry, but not today, unfortunately. I have a ton of school work to do. :smallsigh:

What about just adding another engine to the existing quarry? Not lava-powered, because that requires too much supervision of adding coolant.

I'm not sure exactly where the rest of the vein (the bit that's not under the quarry) is, you see.

EDIT: Whoever added the Redstone engines to the quarry: They had turned red when I just logged on to check. I have removed the torches, as I do not want an explosion there, and when I removed them, the speed did not change noticably.

3SecondCultist
2011-10-30, 08:52 AM
What about just adding another engine to the existing quarry? Not lava-powered, because that requires too much supervision of adding coolant.

I'm not sure exactly where the rest of the vein (the bit that's not under the quarry) is, you see.

EDIT: Whoever added the Redstone engines to the quarry: They had turned red when I just logged on to check. I have removed the torches, as I do not want an explosion there, and when I removed them, the speed did not change noticably.

Have you not fully dug out the quarry yet? :smallconfused:

Qwertystop
2011-10-30, 09:08 AM
Have you not fully dug out the quarry yet? :smallconfused:

No. If you look at the bottom of the second one, you'll see that there's still lots of coal and iron.

The first one, yes.

Zain
2011-10-30, 10:33 AM
I'd be happy to bring over another steam engine cell, provided I could use the coal as fuel. (a steam engine cell being 4 and the power piping)

Destro_Yersul
2011-10-30, 10:38 AM

Redstone engines don't explode. Ever.

Zain
2011-10-30, 10:44 AM
SEVER NEWS:

It seems that shift clicking a lava bucket into a engine that already has a bucket in it is bad for the sever.

Don't do it.

Domochevsky
2011-10-30, 10:50 AM
SEVER NEWS:

It seems that shift clicking a lava bucket into a engine that already has a bucket in it is bad for the sever.

Don't do it.

Extension: Shift-clicking anything into a buildcraft container that already has something in it is bad for the server.

So don't do that either.

Iskandar
2011-10-30, 10:58 AM
Redstone engines don't explode. Ever.

Not QUITE true. Overdriving any engine, by hooking another engine to it, WILL cause it to explode. Also, leaving an engine running with no load MIGHT cause it to explode.

Zain
2011-10-30, 12:47 PM
NEWS: Jetpacks are really fun.

Destro_Yersul
2011-10-30, 01:35 PM
Other news: extra special LP episode will be up some time later today. Have all the footage, need to record audio. This one might end up being a bit longer, due to containing secret things.

KillianHawkeye
2011-10-30, 01:44 PM
Other news: extra special LP episode will be up some time later today. Have all the footage, need to record audio. This one might end up being a bit longer, due to containing secret things.

That reminds me, I noticed in your last video that the audio commentary wasn't quite synched up with the rest of it. I could hear you reacting to things that hadn't happened on screen yet.

Destro_Yersul
2011-10-30, 04:56 PM
That's probably due to the way I am forced to record the audio. I have to start the video playback, then the recording, or do it the other way around. I have no way to start both at the same time, and it is most annoying. Seriously considering Windows 7 right about now.

So yeah, they might get a bit de-synced by accident. It's really not my fault, just limitations of the software.

Sagitus
2011-10-30, 07:50 PM
Hello,

Could I please be added to the whitelist for the server. Been playing minecraft for a while, but new to most of the mods used here.

username: Sagitus

Thanks

The Shadowmind
2011-10-30, 09:38 PM
Is there a max speed of a Quarry, and if so how many steam engines does it take to reach it?

Iskandar
2011-10-30, 10:33 PM
That..... is kinda complicated.

The answer is 9 energy per tick. Steam engines produce 1 energy per tick, released in pulses when the moving part of the engine fully extends.

Lava power combustion engines produce 1, oil powered is, I think, 2 and fuel powered is 5.

Redstone, btw, produces 1 energy every time the moving part extends.

Detrepid
2011-10-30, 11:24 PM
Hey all new to the multiplayer server but I've been playing MC since Sagitus. I've been watching the MP lets play and now I want to get going with the mods you guys have set up and see what we can build together.

Iskandar
2011-10-30, 11:34 PM
Both you and Sagitus should be whitelisted. Let either me or Domo know if there is problems

Domochevsky
2011-10-30, 11:51 PM
That..... is kinda complicated.

The answer is 9 energy per tick. Steam engines produce 1 energy per tick, released in pulses when the moving part of the engine fully extends.

Lava power combustion engines produce 1, oil powered is, I think, 2 and fuel powered is 5.

Redstone, btw, produces 1 energy every time the moving part extends.

...wait, so steam engines do the same as redstone engines, but aren't as safe and cost fuel?

Also: welcome, you two. :smallsmile:

The Shadowmind
2011-10-30, 11:58 PM
...wait, so steam engines do the same as redstone engines, but aren't as safe and cost fuel?

Also: welcome, you two. :smallsmile:

No steam engines produce 1 energy per tick, with that energy released at the end of the cycle.
Redstone engines produce 1 energy per cycle.
Redstone engine, 1 energy per X ticks,
Steam 1 energy* X ticks, per X ticks, where X=number of ticks in the cycle.

9 steam, or 2 Fuel powered combustion engine should max a quarry then.

Iskandar's ep 14 is up. I really should be asleep right now, but can't sleep.

Iskandar
2011-10-31, 01:13 AM
Yeah, episode 14 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TurQSBn46xE&list=PL6F7DC420763A71AC)

And found something epic is SMP, video incoming

Crossblade
2011-10-31, 04:25 AM
Have the Zeppelins been fix in regards to that bug Lewis from the Yogscast mentioned? With the mining/oil pumping from a Zeppelin crashing the game.

Also, the chicken now needs a name; or is "Chicken Friend" it?

Domochevsky
2011-10-31, 10:16 AM
Have the Zeppelins been fix in regards to that bug Lewis from the Yogscast mentioned? With the mining/oil pumping from a Zeppelin crashing the game.

This has been narrowed down by the mod creators. Apparently the crash only occurs if you place the pipes below the controller block level. (Since that is apparently Y=0 and the pipes are hardcoded to not be able to go below that.)

The Shadowmind
2011-10-31, 01:10 PM
I think the server crashed.

Domochevsky
2011-10-31, 02:11 PM
It did. Someone (*eyes shadowmind*) tried to shift-click something into a full buildcraft container.

Restarted now. >_>

The Shadowmind
2011-10-31, 07:55 PM
I think the additional pipes add-on has been finally updated for buildcraft 2.2.4

Landis963
2011-10-31, 08:08 PM

Is the episode ready, or have you run into technical difficulties?

Zain
2011-10-31, 10:49 PM
I prefer eddy the dome chicken as a name.

He sits in his pen and plots. PLOTS I SAY.

EDIT TO ADD. Some sort of power storing system might be a good idea.

Iskandar
2011-11-01, 01:10 AM
Ahem:
Episode 24 of my MP LP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfN0yRG3too

Destro_Yersul
2011-11-01, 02:50 AM
Is the episode ready, or have you run into technical difficulties?

Logistical difficulties. Namely, I am nocturnal. I can't record audio at night without waking people up, so there's a window of time at either end of my day during which I can. I didn't get it done yesterday, and then today was Halloween and I went out to the bar with friends.

I might get it done this morning, but I have to work early tomorrow. It WILL be up, though, as soon as I can finish it.

Iskandar: Sorry about the teleporter confusion. I got stuck there at night, and I couldn't remember the waypoint for spawn. I ended up just hiking out to another teleporter and forgetting the way out there worked, but the way back didn't. Thanks for fixing it for me >.>

Domochevsky
2011-11-01, 06:37 AM
Ahem:
Episode 24 of my MP LP:

1. Why u no put up lights in pitch black areas? >_>

2. That melon farm needs to be spaced out. 12 out of those 18 stalks aren't gonna produce anything. :smallwink:

3. I like how you busted into Zains secret workshop of secrecy on camera, exposing the entrance. :smallbiggrin:

factotum
2011-11-01, 07:14 AM
Logistical difficulties. Namely, I am nocturnal. I can't record audio at night without waking people up

:smallconfused:

Are you just really, really loud, or is everyone in your house a really light sleeper?

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-01, 07:40 AM
Ahem:
Episode 24 of my MP LP:

It's hardly a trap if it's clearly labeled.

3SecondCultist
2011-11-01, 07:43 AM
Ahem:
Episode 24 of my MP LP:

Really? REALLY? :smallsigh:

The lava flow that you saw was accidental (creeper explosion messed up the borders), but it was built by you. You can see the labyrinth project on the minimap. You helped me build the moat itself. You walked literally right past the train station of the rail line that Xeno and I have been building for months, and dismissed it out of hand. You did not go any farther down the Hall of Transport than Shadowmind's new industrial base.

All I ask is that you have some exploratory curiosity. No audience wants to visit the same location twice in a video, much less three separate times.

Destro_Yersul
2011-11-01, 08:24 AM
:smallconfused:

Are you just really, really loud, or is everyone in your house a really light sleeper?

Worse. Light sleepers that insist I'm being loud when I just talk normally. Given that I need to boost the voice recording 150-200% to avoid complaints of being too quiet, I don't think it's me...

Iskandar
2011-11-01, 12:11 PM
Really? REALLY? :smallsigh:

The lava flow that you saw was accidental (creeper explosion messed up the borders), but it was built by you. You can see the labyrinth project on the minimap. You helped me build the moat itself. You walked literally right past the train station of the rail line that Xeno and I have been building for months, and dismissed it out of hand. You did not go any farther down the Hall of Transport than Shadowmind's new industrial base.

All I ask is that you have some exploratory curiosity. No audience wants to visit the same location twice in a video, much less three separate times.

Yo, I covered the rail line two episodes ago, I thought, is the reason why I didn't go further that way. Spawn renovation covered the rail stations, and I know I pointed that section of rail out at least once.

Or at least I thought I did.

I'll go back and recheck, mind, and if I did not you have my apologies. It has gotten somewhat hard to keep track of what is new and what is not.

As for why I didn't get further down the Hall this time, I was trying not to overrun the clock. People complain when I push things past the 30 minute mark.

I will try to cover more in my next episode, though.

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-01, 12:36 PM
I for one would not complain about an episode running over 30 minutes as long as everything gets covered. Perhaps when you are thinking of making a new video, you could post a day or so ahead of time and everyone can tell you what new stuff they've made that you should cover?

Iskandar
2011-11-01, 01:01 PM
Basically, if you tell me on Thursday or Friday, it should get covered, as I tend to make these things over the weekend. Or at least I try to.

New episode incoming, and my apologies.

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-01, 01:04 PM
Sounds good. I will try to remember to post Thursday reminding everyone to reply with lists of stuff to cover. Sound good?

Iskandar
2011-11-01, 01:10 PM
Would be helpful, yeah/ My memory is not always good about what I have covered, and what needs to be, so if I miss anyone, it is not intended as a slight. This will be helpful, and thanks.

Iskandar
2011-11-01, 03:33 PM
Episode 25 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqj7894ftCs) of SMP LP

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-01, 10:00 PM
For buildcraft, are we working with AC or DC?

Also, how can I tell if my Quarry is working?

EDIT: Never mind, silly questions.

Crossblade
2011-11-02, 12:19 AM
Yeah, Tale of Kingdoms came VERY close to being a focus of my SP LP. In the end, I decided that I REALLY didn't want to turn Minecraft into a RTS, nor did I want to focus on fighting quite that much.

Having said that, I'd watch the hell out of a LP of that mod.

Been looking around... only person who doesn't have a poor mic that is doing an LP of Kingdom is xXSlyFoxHoundXx.
I find him annoying as all get out though.

Destro_Yersul
2011-11-02, 06:02 AM
This is obnoxious. I want to build an expansion onto the Nether refinery, but there are a million damn Ghasts outside and I can't leave the building without getting blown up. I can see them out there, floating around, taunting me. I have everything I need, but the freaking Ghasts won't leave me alone.

Qwertystop
2011-11-02, 07:21 AM
This is obnoxious. I want to build an expansion onto the Nether refinery, but there are a million damn Ghasts outside and I can't leave the building without getting blown up. I can see them out there, floating around, taunting me. I have everything I need, but the freaking Ghasts won't leave me alone.

Make a lot of arrows. Or a laser. Also that really good powered armor (or just the composite plate armor).

Destro_Yersul
2011-11-02, 07:33 AM
Make a lot of arrows. Or a laser. Also that really good powered armor (or just the composite plate armor).

don't have the materials. Everyone else on the server seems to have a huge stash of diamonds to draw from. I've got zip. No diamonds, very little iron, no coal, and no feathers. Coal is easy enough to fix, what with the massive amount of it around, but the rest of it is a bit trickier.

Qwertystop
2011-11-02, 07:43 AM
don't have the materials. Everyone else on the server seems to have a huge stash of diamonds to draw from. I've got zip. No diamonds, very little iron, no coal, and no feathers. Coal is easy enough to fix, what with the massive amount of it around, but the rest of it is a bit trickier.

I have a lot of iron and coal, we could work out a trade. Industrial Diamonds can be made if you have 64 Coal, 8 Flint, a Macerator, a Compressor, and one of (1 Obsidian, 1 Brick Block, 1 Iron Block). They work as diamonds for everything except Diamond Armor, and cannot be mixed with Diamonds in recipes (you can use one or the other, not a mix of both).

Also, I advise using Charcoal for fuel. IndustrialCraft has a bunch of stuff that requires Coal, and Charcoal doesn't work for that. Better to save your Coal for IC stuff and use Charcoal for furnace-fuel.

Destro_Yersul
2011-11-02, 07:53 AM
I have a lot of iron and coal, we could work out a trade. Industrial Diamonds can be made if you have 64 Coal, 8 Flint, a Macerator, a Compressor, and one of (1 Obsidian, 1 Brick Block, 1 Iron Block). They work as diamonds for everything except Diamond Armor, and cannot be mixed with Diamonds in recipes (you can use one or the other, not a mix of both).

Also, I advise using Charcoal for fuel. IndustrialCraft has a bunch of stuff that requires Coal, and Charcoal doesn't work for that. Better to save your Coal for IC stuff and use Charcoal for furnace-fuel.

I know. Have you watched my LP at all?

Qwertystop
2011-11-02, 08:03 AM
I know. Have you watched my LP at all?

No, actually. Sorry. :smallredface:

I had figured that you didn't know because you said you didn't have any diamonds, but that you didn't really have a problem as far as coal was concerned.

Destro_Yersul
2011-11-02, 08:07 AM
No, actually. Sorry. :smallredface:

I had figured that you didn't know because you said you didn't have any diamonds, but that you didn't really have a problem as far as coal was concerned.

Confusion is understandable, then. In said LP I have many many industrialcraft things. No machine to make industrial diamonds yet, but that's mostly because I have a machine that gets me regular diamonds at a pretty good rate.

Coal is easy to mine out because there's loads of it around. Obsidian I don't have, nor much excess brick. Iron blocks are right out, for the reason that iron is much, much better used for other things.

Qwertystop
2011-11-02, 08:37 AM
Confusion is understandable, then. In said LP I have many many industrialcraft things. No machine to make industrial diamonds yet, but that's mostly because I have a machine that gets me regular diamonds at a pretty good rate.

Coal is easy to mine out because there's loads of it around. Obsidian I don't have, nor much excess brick. Iron blocks are right out, for the reason that iron is much, much better used for other things.

Ah, okay.

So, what about trading? I assume I understood you correctly when you said you didn't have much iron and coal? I have a lot.

3SecondCultist
2011-11-02, 08:43 AM

I have quite a bit of excess brick, as well as plenty of diamonds, coal and iron. I would also be willing to trade with you.

Destro_Yersul
2011-11-02, 09:21 AM
I have quite a bit of excess brick, as well as plenty of diamonds, coal and iron. I would also be willing to trade with you.

Ah, okay.

So, what about trading? I assume I understood you correctly when you said you didn't have much iron and coal? I have a lot.

That's right. Dunno what I do have that you'd be interested in, though. I've been hoarding some gold, but most of what I have is pretty easily gathered from community resource areas.

Qwertystop
2011-11-02, 10:32 AM
That's right. Dunno what I do have that you'd be interested in, though. I've been hoarding some gold, but most of what I have is pretty easily gathered from community resource areas.

Hmm...
Maybe materials for various IC machines. I've been thinking of making my own workshop, as soon as I can figure out a way to power it. Water mills are weak, and solar panels take up space at ground level. My house is shallowly underground.

3SecondCultist
2011-11-02, 10:59 AM

I will trade for glass. Lots of glass. :smallcool:

(smooth stone works pretty well too)

Destro_Yersul
2011-11-02, 12:10 PM
I'll see what I can come up with in the way of trade materials.

Also, Episode7 of the Minecraft LP is complete. MovieMaker is busily compressing it, but I'll upload it to youtube when I wake up. It's kind of a double/triple length episode, though, so if you're going to watch it, clear some time. Also, I really wish I had some epic music to put into it.

But I don't.

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-02, 01:16 PM
I'm getting a really slow connection to the server. All my other servers are fine, it's just his one. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Iskandar
2011-11-02, 04:34 PM
Just killed the server. Force of habit made me try to refill a steam engine with coal by right clicking it. Mea culpa.

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-02, 08:46 PM
it's back up. BTW, domo, I keep getting kicked for 'flying' when I am standing still on solid ground. It's getting pretty stupid. Can we just untick the 'ban flying' button? I mean, theres a FLIGHT rune. This just seems to get in the way.

3SecondCultist
2011-11-02, 08:49 PM
it's back up. BTW, domo, I keep getting kicked for 'flying' when I am standing still on solid ground. It's getting pretty stupid. Can we just untick the 'ban flying' button? I mean, theres a FLIGHT rune. This just seems to get in the way.

This has happened to me several times as well. :smallsigh:

Crossblade
2011-11-02, 08:56 PM
Been looking around... only person who doesn't have a poor mic that is doing an LP of Kingdom is xXSlyFoxHoundXx.
I find him annoying as all get out though.

Correction. Paulsoaresjr (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEWmtt0VDCk&feature=feedu) may be doing an LP of one. He's good, popular and extremely family friendly.

That's the end of that out of me now.

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-02, 09:15 PM
Argh. Fell in lava, lost a metric tonne of piping, a macerator, a generator, and several diamond tools. And everything else I was carrying. At least it didn't get my quarry, which is now working on a second hole (the first being a success). Too bad I lost all the red stone in the lava... Anyways, I stashed enough before I left to repay you, 3SC, so where should I leave it?

3SecondCultist
2011-11-02, 09:30 PM
Argh. Fell in lava, lost a metric tonne of piping, a macerator, a generator, and several diamond tools. And everything else I was carrying. At least it didn't get my quarry, which is now working on a second hole (the first being a success). Too bad I lost all the red stone in the lava... Anyways, I stashed enough before I left to repay you, 3SC, so where should I leave it?

There is a chest in the supply center of my Estate, in the 'Metallurgy' section. It should be the first chest on your left, as you go in.

Crossblade
2011-11-03, 12:42 AM
Destro, saw your 7th video.
It's a little confusing how you jump between RP and OOC comments. And where did that temple come from? It wasn't there before, was it? New and old world colliding? What's that mean?

And what's up with this Moon being shattered thing? Is that a mod or a texture pack that you're RP'ing?

Landis963
2011-11-03, 01:14 AM
It's a little confusing how you jump between RP and OOC comments. And where did that temple come from? It wasn't there before, was it? New and old world colliding? What's that mean?

And what's up with this Moon being shattered thing? Is that a mod or a texture pack that you're RP'ing?

The shattered moon was alluded to in his first video, I think it's a texture pack he messed with (and thus can change back whenever). However, this dimension-colliding stuff is new.

Given what we heard in the video (this one, the first, and the one with Iskandar's dome making a cameo), what I got is that some calamity happened and some cabal of wizards several - possibly multiple, given the allusion to "lost techniques" - years ago had to literally reboot the world in order to save it. The dimensional exertion, so to speak, caused the moon to undergo the process - then immediately shatter, having come back unstable or trying to occupy the same space as itself or some other error in the spell which wouldn't happen relatively close to the epicenter of the spell but might arrive due to degradation due to deep-space distance (not DEEP deep, but this sentence has gone on too long already). The thing with the ziggurat would be like an old place of power wearing down the enchantments keeping the new world safe, and when they finally failed (due to Destro's influence or not) ziggurat, dungeon, library, and ghast spawner literally impinged itself upon the existing cave system and hillside. It's interesting that it "spawned", so to speak, so close to Destro's existing Nether portal. perhaps there was a similar tear which the mages of the old world used to get to the Nether, where they could harvest glowstone to use in the ziggurat?

Am I overanalyzing this Destro?

Iskandar
2011-11-03, 01:22 AM
Um... well then. This will be somewhat anticlimactic after that, but I FINALLY found an iron vein, and now I have my industry moving. A solar flower (partial, 8 of 32 up) hooked to 4 macerator/electric furnaces combos, one pair for copper,tin, iron, and gold. Dump the ore in the appropriate macerator, flip the switch and it will grind it, smelt it, and dump it in the "finished product" chest. Tempted to make some diamond pipe so you can just dump all the ore in one chest and it will automatically sort them out to the appropriate section, but that is a later project.

Quarry is up, and gathering coal. Will move it to the gold when that is done, and then the iron.

Future project is to build a sky base, plus windmills, for my cobble->scrap->uu matter factory, but right now need to set up a few other basic machines first.

Destro_Yersul
2011-11-03, 08:04 AM
First, link for those who need it. Yay, LP: http://youtu.be/AdO4s-FUv0U

Sorry about that. I tried to keep the latest episode as IC as possible, with just that bit at the end about filming being OOC. As far as I can remember. The temple has been there since episode 6, and was created with an excellent utility called MCDungeon (http://mcdungeon.wikkii.com/wiki/Main_Page).

The shattered moon was alluded to in his first video, I think it's a texture pack he messed with (and thus can change back whenever). However, this dimension-colliding stuff is new.

Given what we heard in the video (this one, the first, and the one with Iskandar's dome making a cameo), what I got is that some calamity happened and some cabal of wizards several - possibly multiple, given the allusion to "lost techniques" - years ago had to literally reboot the world in order to save it. The dimensional exertion, so to speak, caused the moon to undergo the process - then immediately shatter, having come back unstable or trying to occupy the same space as itself or some other error in the spell which wouldn't happen relatively close to the epicenter of the spell but might arrive due to degradation due to deep-space distance (not DEEP deep, but this sentence has gone on too long already). The thing with the ziggurat would be like an old place of power wearing down the enchantments keeping the new world safe, and when they finally failed (due to Destro's influence or not) ziggurat, dungeon, library, and ghast spawner literally impinged itself upon the existing cave system and hillside. It's interesting that it "spawned", so to speak, so close to Destro's existing Nether portal. perhaps there was a similar tear which the mages of the old world used to get to the Nether, where they could harvest glowstone to use in the ziggurat?

Am I overanalyzing this Destro?

That's about what I was going for, so no, you aren't. Hopefully the plot I'm running with will become more clear in time.

Landis963
2011-11-03, 09:52 AM
That's about what I was going for, so no, you aren't. Hopefully the plot I'm running with will become more clear in time.

Did the glyphs and patterns on the floor have any significance? Also, are there any plans to upgrade to 1.8/1.9, once the mods allow?

Destro_Yersul
2011-11-03, 10:04 AM
Did the glyphs and patterns on the floor have any significance? Also, are there any plans to upgrade to 1.8/1.9, once the mods allow?

The mods may never allow. SDK's guns has yet to update for 1.8. If the stars align and everything ends up working together with 1.8/1.9, maybe, but likely this will remain 1.7.3. Especially since I think 1.8 EE has been tweaked to break my magic iron generator.

Landis963
2011-11-03, 10:28 AM
The mods may never allow. SDK's guns has yet to update for 1.8. If the stars align and everything ends up working together with 1.8/1.9, maybe, but likely this will remain 1.7.3. Especially since I think 1.8 EE has been tweaked to break my magic iron generator.

I notice you dodged the question about the glyphs on the floor.

Destro_Yersul
2011-11-03, 11:45 AM
I notice you dodged the question about the glyphs on the floor.

What glyphs? I didn't see any glyphs. >.>

The Shadowmind
2011-11-03, 02:38 PM
New single player episode of Iskandar is up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-3humw6S5U&feature=feedu

Domochevsky
2011-11-03, 02:57 PM
The "getting kicked due to flying" should be fixed now. Apparently performance plugins that keep chunks loaded don't quite communicate this to bukkit as a whole. (Causing part of the server to think you're floating around in chunks that have been unloaded except they haven't.)

Iskandar
2011-11-03, 03:57 PM
New single player episode of Iskandar is up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-3humw6S5U&feature=feedu

Thank you Shadow. I uploaded it and then headed tp the gym while it processed.

Fun episode, really.

MP episode coming tomorrow.

Landis963
2011-11-03, 04:08 PM
What glyphs? I didn't see any glyphs. >.>

Fine, I'll just do a self-satisfied happy dance here in the corner ("I found a plooooot point! I found a ploooot point!") and drop the matter. However, I thought of another question - how did (OOC) you get the ziggurat in there? One of my friends, when I mentioned the matter, suggested that IndustrialCraft (IIRC) had some way you could build walls, dungeons, pyramids, etc. - did you use that? Or was it hacked in/transferred from another minecraft world?

Iskandar
2011-11-03, 04:27 PM
Destro, this is overdue, really, but if you'll give me a link to the playlist that contains your videos, I'll put it in the first post, that way people can find it easily.

KillianHawkeye
2011-11-03, 07:24 PM
Iskandar, that gap in the stonecutter's house isn't Endermen damage. That's just how the guy built it.

Also, this may be a moot point since I'm unlikely to be joining you guys in the industrial revolution, but I don't think I've ever seen any of my stuff on your multiplayer videos. The castle construction site and the bridge I built between my two islands are probably worth a flyby at least.

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-03, 07:49 PM
Since Iskandar plans another MP LP tomorrow, perhaps we should form a list of things put up since last time / yet to be covered.

For myself, I have my main house, my mines (see if you can find the secret hidden in them) and my Quarry Complex (South of the explorator's outpost).

3SecondCultist
2011-11-03, 08:08 PM
List of stuff for Iskandar to see in the LP:
- Awesome Guy's base
- Awesome Guy's Castle project
- Master's Quarry site (very last teleporter on your left in the Hall)
- Xenowrath's house and mines
- Xenowrath's explorator's outpost and quarry site
- 3SecondCultist's Estate

These are the approximate server names. If I have missed anyone's project (not sure what Shadowmind and Zain have been doing), then I hope that Iskandar stumbles on them by accident. Also, when I say see, I mean actually explore. Don't just fly over it and claim you saw it on camera, so it's checked off your list. I know Xeno's house has some ridiculously intricate mines, and I think that Awesome Guy's castle is going to be cool (I mean, someone who fortifies an island is obviously insane, but that doesn't mean it can't be amazing at the same time. :smallbiggrin:)

KillianHawkeye
2011-11-03, 08:42 PM
Well, the castle itself isn't much more than the foundations right now, plus a farm. I did spend a lot of time working on the bridge, though.

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-03, 09:04 PM
Perhaps we should supply Coords for those sites that aren't readily apparent.

For example, my Quarry is at approx. 193, 1837

KillianHawkeye
2011-11-03, 09:11 PM
I don't know the coordinates and can't get on to check, but my islands are basically just a bit due east of Iskandar's dragon (across the ocean).

The Shadowmind
2011-11-03, 09:41 PM
I'd like a quick revisit to my modernized house, since I've made a few important changes. But, it you become strapped for time then skipping over it is okay.

Destro_Yersul
2011-11-04, 08:51 AM
Fine, I'll just do a self-satisfied happy dance here in the corner ("I found a plooooot point! I found a ploooot point!") and drop the matter. However, I thought of another question - how did (OOC) you get the ziggurat in there? One of my friends, when I mentioned the matter, suggested that IndustrialCraft (IIRC) had some way you could build walls, dungeons, pyramids, etc. - did you use that? Or was it hacked in/transferred from another minecraft world?

The temple has been there since episode 6, and was created with an excellent utility called MCDungeon (http://mcdungeon.wikkii.com/wiki/Main_Page).

Believe this ought to answer your question. I used a utility to generate it procedurally. Which means that, going into that thing, I honestly had no idea what I was going to find down there. Just a general idea of what I could find.

Destro, this is overdue, really, but if you'll give me a link to the playlist that contains your videos, I'll put it in the first post, that way people can find it easily.

Here ye go, Iskandar: Yon Playlist (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL30A373E9C72BC380&feature=mh_lolz)

Crossblade
2011-11-04, 02:10 PM
Still no answer on Destro's Moon commentary from Ep 1. :smalltongue:
Though I went looking; and found it was in a Painterly skin. But the reasons I asked is because there IS a MOON MOD. (Yogscast, of course covered it. My gf loved the Sonic Screwdriver included in the mod)

But, throw in a dungeon and some decent acting and no one would know the difference.

Landis963
2011-11-04, 04:29 PM
Still no answer on Destro's Moon commentary from Ep 1. :smalltongue:
Though I went looking; and found it was in a Painterly skin. But the reasons I asked is because there IS a MOON MOD. (Yogscast, of course covered it. My gf loved the Sonic Screwdriver included in the mod)

Maybe it was in ep. 2, all I remember now is that he mentioned in passing that "Oh, BTW, the moon's destroyed."

But, throw in a dungeon and some decent acting and no one would know the difference.

You'd have to explain the strange texture of the moon portal, although it could easily be "moonstone" or something like that.

Landis963
2011-11-04, 06:31 PM
Maybe it was in ep. 2, all I remember now is that he mentioned in passing that "Oh, BTW, the moon's destroyed."

Just checked, at ~5:26 episode 2, IC!Destro says: "Yeah... the shattered moon. ...That is an unfortunate result of too much magic." So now you know.

Crossblade
2011-11-04, 06:40 PM
You'd have to explain the strange texture of the moon portal, although it could easily be "moonstone" or something like that.

He'd build the moon portal at the end of one episode, just like the mod dictates. Stop his recording, go into the portal to generate the moon area, do whatever he needs to do to get a dungeon on the moon. Leave moon, start recording, jump through portal again, act up some magic on his next video, then edit texture pack.

But that's really more Paulsoaresjr/Yogscast style of things than Destro's style.

Zain
2011-11-04, 09:51 PM
Right, I would like to announce a new Zail Crop project, Codenamed Rainfall.

It's a nuclear reactor, available to anyone who will help by donating either Uranium or advanced alloys.

Landis963
2011-11-04, 10:08 PM
He'd build the moon portal at the end of one episode, just like the mod dictates. Stop his recording, go into the portal to generate the moon area, do whatever he needs to do to get a dungeon on the moon. Leave moon, start recording, jump through portal again, act up some magic on his next video, then edit texture pack.

But that's really more Paulsoaresjr/Yogscast style of things than Destro's style.

If he wanted to do the moon mod, he'd either do that, to simulate a thriving moon economy of the old world that was, naturally, destroyed along with the moon, or he'd fix the moon, set up the portal, go through hoping to find the above, but instead find nothing. I was just referring to the fact that he'll need to fix the texture of the cheese block, or just refer to it as "moonstone" as a handwave.

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-05, 12:17 AM
I would like to announce that, in order to prove our worth, My corporation (as of yet unnamed) has begun project Pillage and Destroy. It is taking place just south of the Explorator's Outpost (south of project Rainfall). Try not to step in any holes looking around.

Zain
2011-11-05, 01:04 AM
Also Related, The sever seems to be down, no idea why.

Iskandar
2011-11-05, 02:00 AM
Ok, quick request. A lot of you have been using quarries. Some of you have been using MULTIPLE quarries.

Please, please tidy up after yourselves. No orange gantries, no big square holes in the ground, if you wouldn't mind.

Crossblade
2011-11-05, 07:15 AM
Please, please tidy up after yourselves. No orange gantries, no big square holes in the ground, if you wouldn't mind.

I'm not on the server, I don't use the mod; but a VERY good idea would be to NOT use 1 layer of dirt to cover them up. Creepers can blast through several layers of dirt and/or cobblestone. :smalltongue:
You wouldn't want to be jumped by a creeper and discover someone had a quarry where you're now falling 63+ layers down to bedrock after surviving a creeper explosion. Don't let it happen to someone else.

SilverSheriff
2011-11-05, 07:46 AM
~snip~

This man has a point.

Destro_Yersul
2011-11-05, 08:41 AM
I'm not on the server, I don't use the mod; but a VERY good idea would be to NOT use 1 layer of dirt to cover them up. Creepers can blast through several layers of dirt and/or cobblestone. :smalltongue:
You wouldn't want to be jumped by a creeper and discover someone had a quarry where you're now falling 63+ layers down to bedrock after surviving a creeper explosion. Don't let it happen to someone else.

I believe the limit to what creepers can blast through is one layer of cobble. Two layers of cobble and an aesthetic layer of dirt should serve to cover up any quarry holes without risk. Anyone digging straight down to find out what's under the cobble, well, falling is their own fault then.

3SecondCultist
2011-11-05, 09:33 AM
I believe the limit to what creepers can blast through is one layer of cobble. Two layers of cobble and an aesthetic layer of dirt should serve to cover up any quarry holes without risk. Anyone digging straight down to find out what's under the cobble, well, falling is their own fault then.

Of course, a better alternative is to fill up the quarry with water. It doesn't take too long with a pump, or even just some buckets.

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-05, 09:50 AM
I have a plan for my quarries. Making the holes is only the first stage. :smallwink:

Zain
2011-11-05, 04:52 PM
Project Rainfall is underway, with the configurations being picked. We'll probably need a breeder config, as well as a power setting.

3SecondCultist
2011-11-05, 06:45 PM
With the new release of the map imminent, I would like to offer my most sincere apologies to the entire server population, and especially Domochevsky and Zain. When put into Creative Mode, I decided to test out nuclear weapons, with catastrophic results. If you look to the east of my Estate, you will see a massive hole in the ocean floor. This is a direct result of my rampant god complex and the adolescent temptation of blowing stuff up. I am completely responsible for any server backlash in the near future, and I am ready to accept the consequences, whatever they might be. :smallfrown:

Domochevsky
2011-11-05, 07:01 PM
The map (http://www.mc.wildwestscifi.net/map111106.png) in question. :smallcool:

Landis963
2011-11-05, 07:23 PM
With the new release of the map imminent, I would like to offer my most sincere apologies to the entire server population, and especially Domochevsky and Zain. When put into Creative Mode, I decided to test out nuclear weapons, with catastrophic results. If you look to the east of my Estate, you will see a massive hole in the ocean floor. This is a direct result of my rampant god complex and the adolescent temptation of blowing stuff up. I am completely responsible for any server backlash in the near future, and I am ready to accept the consequences, whatever they might be. :smallfrown:

Just checked the map... :smalleek: Damn...If anyone wants to build an underwater city, they have the perfect starting point right there. All they need to do is find some underwater source blocks to patch it up the rest of the way once they're done.

EDIT: Why oh why isn't there an ideabulb smilie?

Iskandar
2011-11-05, 08:06 PM
3Sec: You, presumably, have been watching my Modded SP LP, aff? You saw me explode that nuke underground, right? It made a hole 35 across in STONE, what exactly did you think it would do to softer materials?

I try to be fairly laid back when it comes to server rules. Do your own thing, harm no one else, don't be a ****, basically covers it. And now we need a new rule. Yes, IC2/BC is VERY exciting and offer many wonderful ways to make gigantic damn holes in the map. However, please control yourself, okay? If you make a mess like 3Sec did, CLEAN IT UP. Or, if it is too big or too awkward to do so manually, feel free to ask Domo for a little help. He can use MCEdit in these situations to trim the chunk affected.

I'm not actually mad, 3Sec. I knew someone would eventually set off a nuke or two. But please, try not to make permanent scars in the land, pkay?

The Shadowmind
2011-11-05, 08:20 PM
Is there a simple way to have a filler flatten an area, without filling the entire area below it up to the line first?
Built a filler to try and make clearing finished quarries easier. Set it to flatten, and instead of removing all the blocks above, then placing blocks at the bottom it proceeds to try and fill the entire quarry area up with blocks.

Now thinking about it I could of had it set to clear, then set it to fill, with a 3D pattern for both. But hoping there is an easier way.

3SecondCultist
2011-11-05, 10:01 PM
3Sec: You, presumably, have been watching my Modded SP LP, aff? You saw me explode that nuke underground, right? It made a hole 35 across in STONE, what exactly did you think it would do to softer materials?

I try to be fairly laid back when it comes to server rules. Do your own thing, harm no one else, don't be a ****, basically covers it. And now we need a new rule. Yes, IC2/BC is VERY exciting and offer many wonderful ways to make gigantic damn holes in the map. However, please control yourself, okay? If you make a mess like 3Sec did, CLEAN IT UP. Or, if it is too big or too awkward to do so manually, feel free to ask Domo for a little help. He can use MCEdit in these situations to trim the chunk affected.

I'm not actually mad, 3Sec. I knew someone would eventually set off a nuke or two. But please, try not to make permanent scars in the land, pkay?

Actually, no. I haven't been actively watching your Let's Play.

Iskandar
2011-11-05, 11:48 PM
Is there a simple way to have a filler flatten an area, without filling the entire area below it up to the line first?
Built a filler to try and make clearing finished quarries easier. Set it to flatten, and instead of removing all the blocks above, then placing blocks at the bottom it proceeds to try and fill the entire quarry area up with blocks.

Now thinking about it I could of had it set to clear, then set it to fill, with a 3D pattern for both. But hoping there is an easier way.

A builder might help here. Alternatively, runecraft's bridge rune might help, too.

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-06, 12:11 AM
Hey Iska! You putting up a video anytime soon?

Crossblade
2011-11-06, 01:58 AM
Interesting hole. How come the Yogscast didn't have a hole like that when Lewis said he had a melt down? Mod upgrade? did he not have a real melt down? Or did 3 sec not isolate/barricade his reactor or cool it?

Iskandar
2011-11-06, 02:49 AM
Well, that was a reactor meltdown, this is not. This was 10 nukes going off at once. Plus reactor meltdowns have changed a bit since.

Destro_Yersul
2011-11-06, 09:41 AM

Assuming that hole hasn't been rollback'd or whatever by now, I have an idea for something to fix it. Or at least, something to put there. If you could put me in crative mode for a bit next time I'm on, I would enact said plan.

Landis963
2011-11-06, 10:54 AM
Assuming that hole hasn't been rollback'd or whatever by now, I have an idea for something to fix it. Or at least, something to put there. If you could put me in crative mode for a bit next time I'm on, I would enact said plan.

Is it my underwater city idea? Or something equally grandiose and impressive?

3SecondCultist
2011-11-06, 11:00 AM
Hey! I made the hole, I think I should have at least some say in what happens to it. My idea is that someone cleans up the land edge a bit, builds a floating platform over the precipice (with two way link to the HoT) and calls it 'The Dangers of Creativity'.

Destro_Yersul
2011-11-06, 11:16 AM
Well, my idea basically consisted of a really tall sandstone tower, sandstone floors at the bottom of the hole, some more sandstone because I like it, possibly some land removal so the hole is just water all around, cascading down into this huge empty space with a giant sandstone tower in it.

It is your giant hole in the ocean, so you should get some say, yeah. I just figured I could make it a bit more aesthetic.

3SecondCultist
2011-11-06, 11:34 AM
Well, my idea basically consisted of a really tall sandstone tower, sandstone floors at the bottom of the hole, some more sandstone because I like it, possibly some land removal so the hole is just water all around, cascading down into this huge empty space with a giant sandstone tower in it.

It is your giant hole in the ocean, so you should get some say, yeah. I just figured I could make it a bit more aesthetic.

No, no. Sandstone would just look terrible with bedrock. But I agree, that the edges need to be cleaned up somewhat.

Destro_Yersul
2011-11-06, 11:40 AM
No, no. Sandstone would just look terrible with bedrock. But I agree, that the edges need to be cleaned up somewhat.

Well, the sandstone would sort of be covering up the bedrock. Bedrock tends to be a bit of an eyesore.

Iskandar
2011-11-06, 11:48 AM
Episode 25 now live (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_UJQQX8KPo)

Zain
2011-11-06, 11:49 AM
When I saw the Video Description, "We had an "incident" with the IC2 mod." I thought someone had overloaded my reactor. I was very scared when the video started with Project Rainfall.

EDIT: Reactor Plan (http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reactorplanner.html?91d5n0t43os4efbq736kn93jk6699w seq=1k10101001501521s1r11r10)

3SecondCultist
2011-11-06, 12:42 PM
Regarding the hole:

Firstly, I have neither seen Iskandar's SSP LP, or worked personally with IC2 before it was implemented on the server. The original project I was trying to blow up was my own, and I thought that 10 nukes would be the most efficient way of going about it. Call it the scientific method, intellectual curiosity, or just ignorance, but the fact of the matter is that I made an honest mistake. By experimenting with unknown substances, I seem to have violated a rule in some unknown and unwritten book of rules.

Secondly, I will now exercise my artistic license to claim that it is my damn hole, and I will personally maintain it. It will eventually become a fully fledged project of mine, unless Domo decides to get rid of it. An underwater city is not out of the question, but I know that some border gentrification is on order (starting with that pesky floating island thing seen at 13:31 of the video), as well as a teleporter setup that will be made public.

I also find it extremely amusing that I did approximately two months of digging in less than a minute, by Iskandar's calculations. :smallamused:

EDIT: Two of the smaller quarries that you attributed to Xenowrath are mine. I am setting up my own industrial base out there as well.

KillianHawkeye
2011-11-06, 01:31 PM
Thanks for showing off my bridge and stuff! Ironically, I used to have a much longer tunnel there which also fell to the cropping, and I built that bridge so I could get to my castle site while we were waiting for runecraft to update for 1.8.

If I get caught up with my schoolwork, I'll try to see about getting a second Minecraft going with all the mods so I can come back to the server. I'm still not sure how that's going to go. I probably won't get all industrial like everyone else has, but I'd still like to finish my projects.

Destro_Yersul
2011-11-06, 01:58 PM
Regarding the hole:

Secondly, I will now exercise my artistic license to claim that it is my damn hole, and I will personally maintain it. It will eventually become a fully fledged project of mine, unless Domo decides to get rid of it. An underwater city is not out of the question, but I know that some border gentrification is on order (starting with that pesky floating island thing seen at 13:31 of the video), as well as a teleporter setup that will be made public.

Fair enough. You made it, after all. I just had a proposal for something I thought would be cool, if nobody else had a better idea.

Anyways, I have come to a decision. Namely, I'm never going to be able to keep up with the industrial capacity of everyone else on the server. And so, I'm just going to build cool stuff. If anyone wants to commission cool stuff, I'm up for that, too.

Zain
2011-11-06, 04:20 PM
Do to the number of Mobs spawning on the roof of project Rainfall, Tesla Coil denfences may be added. You have been warned.

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-06, 05:07 PM
Tesla Coils? I forgot about those. I'll have to add a few to that thing in my basement...

Sagitus
2011-11-06, 09:52 PM
I don't know if this has been posted somewhere, but how are we keeping track of teleport keys on the server to prevent overlaps?

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-06, 10:08 PM
The mod does not allow overlaps. Also, there is no record that I know of.

Zain
2011-11-06, 10:40 PM
Trail guiding and error seems to be the only guiding system is warps, and that everyone remebers the hall one.

Iskandar
2011-11-07, 03:25 PM
An experiment (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahaj-Nc3VjM).

Should I continue?

Destro_Yersul
2011-11-07, 05:35 PM
An experiment (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahaj-Nc3VjM).

Should I continue?

Hells yeah. I'd gladly watch this. As for class, maybe go with Spelunker? Bit of a bonus to both mining and defense, there. I'm not sure how Tale of Kingdoms plays out lategame. If you don't expect to be doing any mining, go with Zealot.

In other news, I may have figured out a way to do spontaneous LP commentary on my own LP. Given that this is the main obstacle in recording more of it, this will help greatly. Even if it requires a little bit of extra work on my part, it doesn't require as much extra time as the way I have been doing it. Also, you still get Robo-Destro, so no fear there, Zain.

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-07, 07:10 PM
I am now announcing the beginning of Operation 'Winter-Is-Coming'. Pics soon.

3SecondCultist
2011-11-07, 07:28 PM
I am now announcing the beginning of Operation 'Winter-Is-Coming'. Pics soon.

Dude, really? If you're going to call your operation 'Winter-Is-Coming', then you have to finish at least Game of Thrones, if not the other four books in the series so far. :smallsigh:

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-07, 07:57 PM
PERHAPS. But in the meantime, I require energy. In massive amounts. So, I'm making my own nuclear reactor, because I need the close to the base of operations. In the mean time, I took some energy from project Rainfall, but left several uranium to make up for it. Hope that's OK.

Qwertystop
2011-11-07, 08:07 PM
PERHAPS. But in the meantime, I require energy. In massive amounts. So, I'm making my own nuclear reactor, because I need the close to the base of operations. In the mean time, I took some energy from project Rainfall, but left several uranium to make up for it. Hope that's OK.

Why not use solar flowers? That makes a lot of energy if you have enough.

Or set up a Buildcraft rig to fill buckets, and send them to an Industrialcraft waterwheel.

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-07, 08:37 PM
An interesting idea, I will look into it. In the mean time, does anyone know where I could get glowstone dust? If not, I was thinking perhaps I could recruit someone to help me with a nether extraction operation. The idea would be to find clusters' coordinates from underneath, and then to tunnel through the roof and precision extract them with a quarry.

3SecondCultist
2011-11-07, 08:40 PM
An interesting idea, I will look into it. In the mean time, does anyone know where I could get glowstone dust? If not, I was thinking perhaps I could recruit someone to help me with a nether extraction operation. The idea would be to find clusters' coordinates from underneath, and then to tunnel through the roof and precision extract them with a quarry.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news... wait, no I don't. :smalltongue:

Anyway, that will be somewhat of a challenge, considering that the clusters themselves are usually near the roof, and finding (or digging out) a suitable cavern for a quarry will be a lot more work than building a floating platform w ladder.

Zain
2011-11-07, 08:54 PM

I'd be happy to help you set up a reactor, as well as a expedition for glowstone dust. Also, did you turn the reactor off after using it?

Qwertystop
2011-11-07, 09:23 PM
Shadowmind, you know that site I found and you set up quarries at? There's new quarries, are those yours? Also, is the stuff in the chests that aren't connected to quarries my share?

Iskandar
2011-11-07, 09:52 PM
Also, you can make glowstone dust. 5 redstone, 4 gold in a TNT recipe like configuration. Not good for heavy use, but if you just need a few, it will work.

Destro_Yersul
2011-11-08, 01:16 PM
new LP episode will shortly be incoming from me. Sorry it's taken so long, I had a busy week.

I've got some errands to run, and then I need to sleep, but I'll post a link once it's up. Until then, there's a link to the playlist in the first post, thanks to Iska. I recorded this one all in one go, and I tried yet another method of recording audio. I think it's actually loud enough this time to avoid robo-Destro. Let me know.

Also, feedback on my conundrum as detailed in the last few minutes of the episode would be great. I geniunely don't know which one I should get.

Edit: Youtube is uploading the video now. Should be live soon enough.

Edit 2: it's up. Link here: This is a link and you should click it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sTzhzeaCPs&list=PL30A373E9C72BC380&index=8&feature=plpp_video)

Iskandar
2011-11-08, 11:11 PM
Well, HOLY CRAP comes to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUOE-eFLh18

Buildcraft 3.0 is coming. And it will be amazing.

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-08, 11:25 PM
... Indeed. That is what come to mind. Four channels of signal, with logic gates? And event triggers? HELLS YEAH!

The Shadowmind
2011-11-09, 01:29 PM
Shadowmind, you know that site I found and you set up quarries at? There's new quarries, are those yours? Also, is the stuff in the chests that aren't connected to quarries my share?

All the chest that are left should have your share in it. Buildcraft components not withstanding.

Qwertystop
2011-11-09, 04:24 PM
All the chest that are left should have your share in it. Buildcraft components not withstanding.

Okay, thanks.

EDIT: There's one quarry there still set up, but not connected to any power. Is that finished, or disconnected by glitch?

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-10, 12:46 PM
It being Thursday again, should we perhaps begin to list the things we want showcased by Iskandar in his LP tomorrow?

Zain
2011-11-10, 05:25 PM
Project snowfall might be an idea, a nice 40eu per tick reactor I think we should work together Xeno, (by setting up project snowfall as a breeder reactor)

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-10, 05:43 PM
Nah, I have my own purposes. Actually, they're really quite obvious. I'm somewhat surprised that I'm not being yelled at yet...

Zain
2011-11-10, 07:34 PM
Well that's... Interesting...

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-10, 08:17 PM
Alright, so... List...
Ahem.

Project Rainfall
Project Snowfall
Operation Winter-Is-Coming
The New Guys' Stuff (TP in Hall)

Post to tell me what you have, and I'll repost with an updated list.

Iskandar
2011-11-11, 11:00 AM
Episode 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixsTRSZfn-0) of my RPG LP

Zain
2011-11-11, 11:07 AM
The Sever has fallen over. Domo, you wanna have a look at this? (appears to be unique to the MC sever, gengame is fine)

3SecondCultist
2011-11-11, 02:55 PM
Alright, so... List...
Ahem.

Project Rainfall
Project Snowfall
The New Guys' Stuff (TP in Hall)

Post to tell me what you have, and I'll repost with an updated list.

Ah, my newest project, the Aqueous Rift, is underway. Three guesses as to where it is, and how to get there.

The Shadowmind
2011-11-11, 11:18 PM

How often do you plan on making these? I'm liking it so far.

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-12, 12:37 AM
OK.

Project Rainfall
Project Snowball Fight
The New Guys' Stuff
The Aqueous Rift

Anyone else?

Landis963
2011-11-12, 01:08 AM
How often do you plan on making these? I'm liking it so far.

Yes. Also, I'm sorry I couldn't respond to your previous ep; I didn't have a YouTube account or an account here in the Playground.

Iskandar
2011-11-12, 01:58 AM
The goal is to have at least 2 or 3 SP eps a week, and 1 MP ep. I have a Industrialcraft video in the work now.

Domochevsky
2011-11-12, 03:33 AM

Just watched it. Kinda looks like that death cheated you out of the skill points for lvl 6. Unfortunate, that. :smallconfused:

Zain
2011-11-12, 12:45 PM
News on Rainwater:

I've set up what is called a neutral breeder reactor, meaning that the reactor needs to be heated with lava buckets to a certain point, then two depleted cells are placed inside with a Uranium cell. This is recharge the two cells, draining half the Charged cell. using this, I belie I can effectively double my Uranium resources, as well as recycle any depleted cells.

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-12, 05:05 PM
I am having some trouble logging in. My minecraft crashed, and now it crashes whenever I log in. Perhaps it did not disconnect me correctly? if so, could I be kicked so that I can reconnect?

Edit: it isn't that, there seems to be something wrong with the chunk I'm in. Which is a problem, as it is the place with all my quarries, etc.

Iskandar
2011-11-12, 06:22 PM
Episode 16 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEotXI6ukhU) of Iskandar's Travels in Modded Industrial Minecraft is now live.

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-12, 07:17 PM
OK, I am having serious issues with the server. Could my current coords be changed to spawn, or somewhere else sufficiently far away? I think that would fix it.

Landis963
2011-11-12, 07:59 PM
Episode 16 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEotXI6ukhU) of Iskandar's Travels in Modded Industrial Minecraft is now live.

does that summoning rod always work that way, for example if you made another Hindu village would it have space for another solar flower underneath?

Iskandar
2011-11-12, 08:07 PM
Nope, that village is custom. The summoning wand makes a village based on the block you click on. In this case, I clicked on a grass block to get that village. You click on a different type block you'd get something else.

I've had that custom village installed since the beginning, I just needed to save up enough money from selling to the villagers to buy the summoning wand so I could click on the right block to create it. Room for 128 solar panels plus energy storage, yup.

Domochevsky
2011-11-13, 03:30 AM
OK, I am having serious issues with the server. Could my current coords be changed to spawn, or somewhere else sufficiently far away? I think that would fix it.

2011-11-13 06:54:16 [SEVERE] java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
2011-11-13 06:54:16 [SEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutp utStream.java:99)
2011-11-13 06:54:16 [SEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStre am.java:136)
2011-11-13 06:54:16 [SEVERE] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedO utputStream.java:65)
2011-11-13 06:54:16 [SEVERE] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputS tream.java:123)
2011-11-13 06:54:16 [SEVERE] at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(DataOutputStream.ja va:106)
2011-11-13 06:54:16 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkWriterThread.run(Sourc eFile:104)
2011-11-13 06:54:16 [INFO] Xenowrath lost connection: disconnect.endOfStream

That's as generic a error as i've ever seen. Good luck getting to the bottom of that. :/

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-13, 04:27 PM
Still can't get on. Tried a fresh install, tried using a different computer entirely. Nothing. I believe it was caused by accidentally hitting a complex jumble of pipes with a power pick. Any ideas?

Zain
2011-11-13, 07:34 PM
Domo might try wiping your profile, but that would wipe out your Inventory and such.

3SecondCultist
2011-11-13, 10:38 PM
With some invaluable help from Zain, I have completed a large scale iron refinery at my Estate. It uses coal as a primary resource (and fairly quickly, too) but outputs one iron block per sixteen seconds, when fully charged.

DreamingMage, shall I begin to cart over the iron from the quarries?

Domochevsky
2011-11-14, 05:22 AM
Still can't get on. Tried a fresh install, tried using a different computer entirely. Nothing. I believe it was caused by accidentally hitting a complex jumble of pipes with a power pick. Any ideas?

Hm... the only thing i can think of currently is to flat out discard your MC folder and reinstall the whole thingamajing, including MLMP/forge fixes. That seems to help a good deal of people for completely unknown reasons. (And i hate the whole "reinstall to fix" approach. :smallannoyed: )

Sen isSaqqara
2011-11-14, 08:26 AM
Hm... the only thing i can think of currently is to flat out discard your MC folder and reinstall the whole thingamajing, including MLMP/forge fixes. That seems to help a good deal of people for completely unknown reasons. (And i hate the whole "reinstall to fix" approach. :smallannoyed: )

Tried that as part of the reinstalation. I think it may have to do with an ongoing runecraft effect messing with buildcraft items in strange ways. Perhaps there is a way to edit the magic.dat file to remove the power-pick effect I had running?

DreamingMage, shall I begin to cart over the iron from the quarries?

Sure. Tell me is there are any problems moving into the chunk. Also, note that I was setting up a similar refinery when I crashed.

3SecondCultist
2011-11-14, 08:57 AM
Tried that as part of the reinstalation. I think it may have to do with an ongoing runecraft effect messing with buildcraft items in strange ways. Perhaps there is a way to edit the magic.dat file to remove the power-pick effect I had running?

Sure. Tell me is there are any problems moving into the chunk. Also, note that I was setting up a similar refinery when I crashed.

I did. An interesting phenom, considering that we had previously agreed on my building a refinery (which is faster, burns more iron, and easier to use). :smallsigh:

The Shadowmind
2011-11-14, 11:07 AM
Iskandar, the automated cactus farm is for producing waterproofing for pipes.

Iskandar
2011-11-14, 12:04 PM
New Episode (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcrvoheF8k0) of my MP LP is now live.