PDA

View Full Version : Ways to get AMF+Ardent help

kardar233
2011-10-25, 01:14 AM
I'm working on a Circle Mower/Hood gestalt build at the moment, and the prototype looks like this:

Race: Half-Minotaur Lolth-Touched Illumian (Aeshkrau)
1. LA//Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian1
2. LA//Psychic Warrior1
3. Dungeoncrasher Fighter1//Warblade1
4. Dungeoncrasher Fighter 2//Warblade2
5. Dungeoncrasher Fighter 3//Warblade3
6. Dungeoncrasher Fighter 4//Warblade4
7. Dungeoncrasher Fighter 5//Warblade5
8. Dungeoncrasher Fighter 6//Frenzied Berserker1
9. War Hulk1//Frenzied Berserker2
10. Blade Dancer1//Frenzied Berserker3
11. War Hulk2//Frenzied Berserker4
12. War Hulk 3//Frenzied Berserker5
13. War Hulk 4//Frenzied Berserker6
14. War Hulk 5//Frenzied Berserker7
15. War Hulk 6//Frenzied Berserker8
16. War Hulk 7//Frenzied Berserker9
17. War Hulk 8//Frenzied Berserker10
18. War Hulk 9//Psychic Warrior2
19. War Hulk 10//Warblade5
20. Psychic Warrior3//Warblade6

Basically, run up walls/jump up high and smash people into the ground. Will be picking up Knockback and Up the Walls for sure.

So my questions:

I've considered dropping the Psychic Warrior levels for Ardent levels, and maybe making a bit more room by dropping a Warblade level or two. With Krau symbol and Practiced Manifester I think I can get to ML9, which gives me a 5th level power if I understand Ardents correctly. If I'm going Ardent I'm going to need a couple of staples from the PsyWar list (namely Expansion and Hustle), so are there any mantles (or reasonable swaps) that give those? Additionally, are there any particularly useful ways to get rid of the frankly absurd number of PP I'll have at such a low ML?

The DM has decreed that Psionics is Different, so I'm looking for a way to grab an AMF so I can whack those puny casters with impunity. I can't fit in 9 levels of Runescarred Berserker unfortunately, so that easy way is out. I have no clue for items or other ways of getting AMFs, so the only other way I could think of is somehow boost my Ardent ML up to 11 (dunno how) and grab Null Psionics Field in Magic mantle, but that disables my own powers. Is there a Psionic Sculpt Power? Or Persistent power?

Any feedback appreciated. Yes, even the "FB is stupid" ones.

DoctorGlock
2011-10-25, 01:39 AM
Magic mantle gets you magic/psi transparency. Grab one of the two mantles with null psionics field or substitute power AMF off the erudite list. It's gestalt, so you are free to make an entire side ardent which is only a good thing, also since you need ML 11 to get it. But why stop there, 10 ardent levels gets you dominant ideal so you can spam linked synchronicities off of everything you want. Really, it's just that good.