PDA

View Full Version : Vecna-blooded?

NimbleNZ
2011-10-25, 06:59 AM
while trawling late at night through old posts on different forums, i came across a template known as vecna-blooded.

i dont remember where i saw it and can't find what sourcebook it comes from. However, i remember the guy who mentioned it said it bypassed foresight.

can anyone confirm any of the above?

all info much appreciated :)

NimbleNZ

hamishspence
2011-10-25, 07:10 AM
"Godblooded" template is in MMV. Several versions are present- including Vecna-blooded.

Which has the supernatural ability "Cloak of mystery"- immune to all divination spells cast against it, or to learn something about it.

NimbleNZ
2011-10-25, 07:14 AM
"Godblooded" template is in MMV. Several versions are present- including Vecna-blooded.

Which has the supernatural ability "Cloak of mystery"- immune to all divination spells cast against it, or to learn something about it.

thanking you kindly hamish :smallbiggrin:

both by RAW and by your own interpreatations of the rules, would most people agree that this is enough to overcome foresight?

Hirax
2011-10-25, 07:15 AM
Monster Manual 5, look under God-Blooded.

"A Vecna-blooded creature gains immunity to all divination spells cast against it or cast to learn information about it. Such divination fails to reveal any information. The Vecna-blooded creature immediately learns the name, appearance, and location of the caster who attempted the divination."

Tough to say how it applies to things such as foresight, which doesn't directly tell you anything about creatures that activate it.

hamishspence
2011-10-25, 07:19 AM
Nope. Foresight (and Moment of Prescience) are not "cast to learn about the creature"- they're divination spells focussed on the caster. They give you warnings- but don't say much about the threat itself.

That said, if you have an ally with Vecna-blooded, I'd rule that if you tried to cast it on them to know if they're in danger, it wouldn't work.

NimbleNZ
2011-10-25, 07:31 AM
ack what a pity, looks like another dead end then

thanks a bunch for the info and the quick responses though guys :smallsmile:

dextercorvia
2011-10-25, 08:00 AM
thanking you kindly hamish :smallbiggrin:

both by RAW and by your own interpreatations of the rules, would most people agree that this is enough to overcome foresight?

Which part of foresight are you trying to overcome?

marcielle
2011-10-25, 01:11 PM
Acually, if the Vecna blooded is the ONLY threat the Foresight is warning you about, I assume the foresight would fizzle or move on to the next danger. If all things in an encounter are Vecna blooded, I can see a reasonble argument for it by RAI, with some shaky RAW. But plenty of ROC backing it.