PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 and pathfinder game. Fighter 2 multiclass question

Evard
2011-10-25, 09:52 AM
I have a 2nd level fighter who is very roy-ish in the fact he has a good int. However due to backstory reason he has no reason to stay pure fighter nor does he let his pride get in his way. He even has cross class skills in UMD and spell craft and is very interested in the arcane arts and dragons (he worships tiamat and bahamut).
What I want to know is, would it be better to go pathfinder alchemist or magus? I'm leaning toward alchemist for all the neat discoveries and mutegens they get (bombs can be fuuun) but I'm not sure if the magus combat casting ability would be a better power.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Psyren
2011-10-25, 11:08 AM
Magus and Fighter play very well together, and if your character is interested in the arcane then that clinches it.

Alchemists, fluffwise, always struck me as being less interested in magic (at least, traditional magic) than most other classes, despite being able to duplicate a variety of magical effects.

How is your Dex?

Evard
2011-10-25, 12:37 PM
My dex is 13

I see alchemist as a regular joe who learns to manipulate chemicals and duplicate magiic. He can create magic items and has a general facination of the arcane workings.

I really like the idea of mixing two formulae together, something like rage and true strike or true strike and bulls strength etc etc since I have my fighter levels ill stay on the front line with the d8 health.

Feats I have...
Blind fight
Quick draw
Stand still
Combat reflexes

I need to think of a good 3rd level feet.