PDA

View Full Version : Character Sheet suggestions?

AngelisBlack
2011-10-25, 01:24 PM
I've recently been playing a Red Hand of Doom campagin, and because I'm the only arcanist (sorcerer) and have a very high UMD (Dragonblood Racial Substitution), all of the wands, scrolls, and staves that our party collects all go to me. Its getting quite difficult to track all of these on a character sheet, so is there a good 3.5e character sheet out there, or even a page from a character sheet which makes it easy to keep track of the different types of scrolls, wands, staves [I have 3 o.o], and potions?

Provengreil
2011-10-25, 01:47 PM
Ah, RHOD. a great adventure.

personally, i just keep track of that stuff on a notepad file on my laptop. if that's an issue for your group, you could try keeping variable inventory like that on notecards or something, i suppose(this assumes the issue is that of the ungodly mess of continually changing inventory, turning your items section onto a half erased grey mass).

another alternative is to sell the items at first opportunity, and use the ensuing gold on permanent gear, like adding shocking burst to the barbarian's axe. probably a downgrade in total party ability, but if items are getting lost in the shuffle they aren't helping anyway.

As for the staves, i'd just pick one and sell the others, you can't use em all.

AngelisBlack
2011-10-25, 02:00 PM
Ah, RHOD. a great adventure.

personally, i just keep track of that stuff on a notepad file on my laptop. if that's an issue for your group, you could try keeping variable inventory like that on notecards or something, i suppose(this assumes the issue is that of the ungodly mess of continually changing inventory, turning your items section onto a half erased grey mass).

another alternative is to sell the items at first opportunity, and use the ensuing gold on permanent gear, like adding shocking burst to the barbarian's axe. probably a downgrade in total party ability, but if items are getting lost in the shuffle they aren't helping anyway.

As for the staves, i'd just pick one and sell the others, you can't use em all.

Our group has a "no computers at the table" rule to avoid people's attentions being on facebook instead of the game. Ok, rather one specific person's attention, but still. The notecard thing I would definitely try out.

Trust me though, I've sold all the useless stuff already (heh, if only there was a way to absorb XP from scrolls.. :smalltongue:). What I have left are the important scrolls such as Fly, Haste, Summon Monster IV, Revivify, Freedom of Movement, Invisibility, and so on. Also at the moment we're already at the Fane, so I can't sell anything. :smallfrown:

Erm, why can't I use all the staves again? I must've missed something.

Provengreil
2011-10-25, 02:13 PM
Our group has a "no computers at the table" rule to avoid people's attentions being on facebook instead of the game. Ok, rather one specific person's attention, but still. The notecard thing I would definitely try out.

Trust me though, I've sold all the useless stuff already (heh, if only there was a way to absorb XP from scrolls.. :smalltongue:). What I have left are the important scrolls such as Fly, Haste, Summon Monster IV, Revivify, Freedom of Movement, Invisibility, and so on. Also at the moment we're already at the Fane, so I can't sell anything. :smallfrown:

Erm, why can't I use all the staves again? I must've missed something.

Yeah, i kinda figured you weren't allowed to have a compy.

from the SRD: A typical staff is like a walking stick, quarterstaff, or cudgel.

in other words, you wield them like weapons, so unless you've got quick draw you could have some hand limit issues.

As for the inventory management, if you're that far into the adventure, then you should be aware you're close to the end anyway. use scrap paper and just cross things off as you go. if you find new consumable items, add them to the scrap sheet. otherwise, put them on your main sheet, or even in the fighter's backpack. this kinda stuff is why we allowed laptops at the table, but just turned off the router.

Optimator
2011-10-25, 05:54 PM
I use the Mad Irishman's sheets. There is a large area on the 3rd page for spells and items and the notes section on the 4th page can be used for items as well.

Scorpions__
2011-10-25, 05:58 PM
Sadie's character sheets are great because you can choose to have an expanded inventory sheet if you need it. They're meant to be printed out and written on in pencil, and you can modify them if you wish because they're open source, have a look here (http://charactersheets.minotaur.cc/) .

DM[F]R