PDA

View Full Version : Question coming from Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tails

AlaskaOOTSFan
2011-10-25, 02:13 PM
Not really a spoiler, but a question.

In the Preface, Xykons, in the ad and at the end, the "No Monks" thing.

Why no monks? Am I forgetting/missing a "Monks are good vs undead or sorcs or necromancers" thing?

If this is the wrong forum I apologize.

Nevereatcars
2011-10-25, 06:27 PM
Not really a spoiler, but a question.

In the Preface, Xykons, in the ad and at the end, the "No Monks" thing.

Why no monks? Am I forgetting/missing a "Monks are good vs undead or sorcs or necromancers" thing?

If this is the wrong forum I apologize.

Monks are the most pathetic class in everything, ever. Being beaten by a monk would ruin that whole ultra-badass thing he has going. Even being CHALLENGED by a monk is a major blow to a villain's cred.

Mutant Sheep
2011-10-25, 06:30 PM
Also, Monks suck really badly. Especially the panda ones. :smallwink:

Ted The Bug
2011-10-25, 07:47 PM

Oh, come on, nobody would be panderin' to their audience enough to actually make those. Wow, just imagine the stormy flurry of criticism that would unleash.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-10-25, 07:50 PM

The pandas are unarmed swordsages.

So are the endangered little red pandas.

And the snow leopards.

Affrae
2011-11-15, 02:13 AM
Oh, come on, nobody would be panderin' to their audience enough to actually make those. Wow, just imagine the stormy flurry of criticism that would unleash.

WoW, indeed...

:smallamused:

Raistlin82
2011-11-15, 03:37 AM
Wait. Are we talking about WoW or Kung Fu Panda?

I'm sure Xykon is familiar with both...

Kish
2011-11-15, 08:14 AM
Considering Snips, Snails, and Dragon's Tails came out before Mists of Panderia was announced, I would venture "neither, Xykon is just being nasty about the D&D monk class."

Bulldog Psion
2011-11-15, 08:19 AM
That seems most likely. I mean, look at the reputation of sorcerers in the OotS world. :smallwink:

Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales was probably started looooooong before there was a hint of "Mists of Pandaria" in the air. In fact, the monk class for "Mists" was only announced officially at BlizzCon, I believe, many months after the book was published. And I seriously doubt that it's a comment on Kung Fu Panda for that reason, either.

It's just a continuation of "bards suck, sorcerers suck" -- why not "monks suck", too?

The Succubus
2011-11-15, 08:25 AM
That seems most likely. I mean, look at the reputation of sorcerers in the OotS world. :smallwink:

Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales was probably started looooooong before there was a hint of "Mists of Pandaria" in the air. In fact, the monk class for "Mists" was only announced officially at BlizzCon, I believe, many months after the book was published. And I seriously doubt that it's a comment on Kung Fu Panda for that reason, either.

It's just a continuation of "bards suck, sorcerers suck" -- why not "monks suck", too?

Mr Burlew has indeed made reference to Monks sucking in one of the other books. :smallamused:

Goosefarble
2011-11-15, 07:24 PM
This was about monks in general, then turned into stuff about WoW. I don't think anyone was suggesting that the two were related.

The Giant
2011-11-16, 11:55 AM
I have no idea what "Mists of Panderia" even is, though I will google it in a moment to find out.

It's a general joke about how crappy monks are. Xykon is looking for higher quality foes--and monks don't qualify as "high-quality" no matter what.

Asked, answered, and locked.