PDA

View Full Version : What`s the best prestigle class fo clerics?

ivikalavahuj
2011-10-25, 06:25 PM
I don`t know what prestige class should I put to my cleric can you help me?

NeoSeraphi
2011-10-25, 06:26 PM
I don`t know what prestige class should I put to my cleric can you help me?

We need more information please. Tell us your build (preferred spells, feats, skills, etc)

Also what do you want to do as a cleric? Blast? Control? Heal? Melee? Turn Undead? Be an animating necromancer?

kit_reyne
2011-10-25, 06:46 PM
Radiant Servant of Pelor. It's Cleric Plus. But that's just me.

NeoSeraphi
2011-10-25, 06:51 PM
Radiant Servant of Pelor. It's Cleric Plus. But that's just me.

Radiant Servant of Pelor is a good class, but only if the OP is Neutral Good, worships Pelor and chose the Sun Domain.

Still, if the OP did do all that, you'd be right, that's a pretty good class for him/her to take.

Still waiting on the build...

Hunter Killer
2011-10-25, 07:21 PM
Ruby Knight Vindicator. Unfortunately, you have to worship Wee Jas unless your DM waives that requirement or allows you to change the God.

It's probably one of the best prestige classes in the game, although it does drop two caster levels and the best build puts one level of Crusader on it to meet the Maneuver requirements (which puts you down another caster level).

I like to throw a little Divine Oracle on that for even more win (Evasion in Full Plate is very nice). Something like this:

Cleric 4 / Crusader 1 / Ruby Knight Vindicator 10 / Divine Oracle 5

Sets you up well for Epic progression. Full Casting with 9th level spells, all 4 attacks with a +16 Base Attack, and you get some nifty Maneuvers along the way.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-10-25, 07:23 PM
Yes, it depends entirely on what type of character you're playing, not just what class you picked. Class =/= Character.

Generally speaking, Contemplative in Complete Divine is pretty good for one, six or ten levels. Divine Oracle also in Complete Divine is good for a four level dip or for all ten levels, and you can get its feat prerequisite without spending a feat on it by visiting the Frog God's Fane detailed in Complete Scoundrel (or by paying gold and putting the visit in your character's background). Seeker of the Misty Isle in Complete Divine is great for a dip to gain the Travel domain, you can get Survival as a class skill to qualify by taking Ruathar in Races of the Wild, which is also pretty good. Divine Disciple from Player's Guide to Faerun is good for four of its five levels.

Dweomerkeeper (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20040522a) is extremely good, you can use the feat Magical Training from Player's Guide to Faerun to meet the arcane spellcasting prerequisite, and use the Rune domain to get Scribe Scroll to meet its item creation feat prerequisite.

Radiant Servant of Pelor in Complete Divine is pretty good, but only for five levels. Morninglord of Lathander from Player's Guide to Faerun is typically used to finish that build.

Elric VIII
2011-10-25, 07:38 PM
Perhaps, rather than ask what your specific build is, I can give you some examples of PrCs that enhance certain aspects of Cleric-ness.

Church Inquisitor - You gain some nice immunities to mind-affecting and illusions, full casting, Med BAB and grants you the Inquisition domain (+4 unnamed to dispel checks).

Complete Divine:
Divine Oracle - You get Evasion in heavy armor, you get to act in the suprise round always, you gain the Oracle domain, and a buch of goodies that revolve around not being suprised (uncanny dodge) and knowing about the future (+CL to divination). Poor BAB, full casting.

Radiant Servant of Pelor - Bonuses for healing/restoring. Med BAB, full casting.

Sacred Exorcist - Paladin/Ranger hybrid for Clerics. Bonuses vs evil outsider and/or undead. Med BAB, full casting.

Complete Champion:
Holt Warden - Nature-y Cleric PrC, requires Animal Domain. Med BAB, full casting. For those that want a Druid feel without having to deal with that pesky AC and Wildshape.

Mythic Exemplar - 8/10 casting (if you choose Imdastri), gets some save bonuses, a Wis boost, and the ability to spontaneously cast from Luck, Protection, and Strength domains (even if you don't have them).

Ordained Champion - One of the best PrCs for a Melee Cleric. 3/5 casting, but you get free quicken on War Domain and you can store spells in your weapons as a move action. Spontaneous War domain casting, combine with Holy Warrior and get +damage equal to you highest level spell slot remaining.

Other:
Bone Knight (Five Nations) - This is the other best melee Cleric PrC. You get so many immunities that it is almost impossible to die. You also get awesome armor/weapons crafted from bonesand a skeletal mount. Med BAB, 9/10 casting.

Eldritch Disciple (C Mage) - 1 level dip into warlock and you qualify for this PrC. Great for a melee Cleric that wants to use Glaivelock + Divine Power.

Paragnostic Apostle - Knowledge-based caster PrC. You get Lore, plus some nifty special abilities from a list that you choose. It's like Loremaster, but without the annoying prereqs.

Shadowbane Stalker - 8/10 casting, requires 1d6 SA (which means 1 more CL loss), but it's decent for a sneaky Cleric. However, you could do this better with the Kobold and Trickery domains on a Cloistered Cleric.

hex0
2011-10-25, 07:46 PM
For any Cleric...Prestige Paladin 1, 2, or 3, of course!

You get all the Paladin spells on your list, so you can cast them at the lower Paladin Spell Level and free up your higher level slots for better cleric spells. You also get the awesome Paladin only spells. This is just core below and Paladin has a lot of splat goodies to work with.

1 Spell level lower:

Lesser Restoration
Discern Lies
Greater Magic Weapon
Break Enchantment
Dispel Chaos/Chaos
Mark of Justice

Paladin Exclusive:

Bless Weapon
Heal Mount
Holy Sword

MesiDoomstalker
2011-10-25, 07:52 PM
For any Cleric...Prestige Paladin 1, 2, or 3, of course!

You get all the Paladin spells on your list, so you can cast them at the lower Paladin Spell Level and free up your higher level slots for better cleric spells. You also get the awesome Paladin only spells. This is just core below and Paladin has a lot of splat goodies to work with.

1 Spell level lower:

Lesser Restoration
Discern Lies
Greater Magic Weapon
Break Enchantment
Dispel Chaos/Chaos
Mark of Justice

Paladin Exclusive:

Bless Weapon
Heal Mount
Holy Sword

Just like to point out that without progressing Prestige Paladin to 2nd level or gains a mount other ways, Heal Mount isn't useful. Just saying.

Amphetryon
2011-10-25, 07:58 PM
To add to the above list of good Cleric PrCs, if you can manage the skill requirements, Keeper of the Cerulean Sign is at least worth considering for a 3 level dip. If nothing else, it can finish out a build.

ivikalavahuj
2011-10-25, 08:49 PM
First I`m a LG, second I want to pimp and to heal, third function is to turn undead. The game is in Eberron.

Psyren
2011-10-25, 08:50 PM
First I`m a LG, second I want to pimp and to heal, third function is to turn undead.

Radiant Servant, Radiant Servant and Radiant Servant. (of Pelor)

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-10-25, 09:06 PM
First I`m a LG, second I want to pimp and to heal, third function is to turn undead. The game is in Eberron.

Worship the Sovereign Host or just don't pick a deity, take the Sun and Healing domains starting out, and get the spontaneous domain casting alternate class feature in PHB2 for the Healing domain. Use Cloistered Cleric (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#clericVariantCloistere dCleric) instead of the standard Cleric, and cast (Greater) Luminous Armor to take care of your AC. Use the Morninglord of Lathander prestige class in Player's Guide to Faerun, adapted to fit the Eberron pantheon, and also the Radiant Servant of Pelor prestige class in Complete Divine, again adapted to fit the setting. Go Cloistered Cleric 5/ Morninglord 1/ Radiant Servant 5/ Morninglord 9 in that order. You'll want the Glory domain at Radiant Servant 5. With two flaws (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterFlaws.htm) for two extra feats get Extend Spell, Persistent Spell, and Divine Metamagic: Persistent Spell at 1st, Improved Turning at 3rd, Extra Turning at 6th, and Craft Rod at 9th. Use Persistent Mass Lesser Vigor on your whole party every day.