PDA

View Full Version : Tome of Magic and Psionics

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-10-26, 06:20 AM
I was looking through ToM today and I felt a distinct pain. Everything in the ToM provides dual progression for arcane casting and vestiges/shadow magic, but I saw nothing for psionics.
How would one go about gaining dual progression with psionics and vestiges/shadow magic? Especially when the PrC's specifically state "X level arcane spell" in the pre-reqs?
Is it just up to DM's at that point, or is there a ruling somewhere that says you can do it with psionics instead?

Thanks.

Yora
2011-10-26, 07:19 AM
Since dual casting PrCs usually lack any meaningful class features that directly affect spellcasting, it's apparently a quite common practice to just change "+1 level in spellcasting class" to "+1 level in manifesting class" and use them for psionics.

Psyren
2011-10-26, 08:49 AM
Actually, Anima Mage specifically includes a psionic adaptation. It's a bit light on details so you'll have to flesh it out yourself, but it's there. (ToM pg. 53)

As for how to modify it, here are some suggestions:

- Exploit Vestige - grants PP = base cost of highest power you're able to manifest, instead of a bonus slot.
- Vestigial Awareness - unchanged
- Vestige Metamagic - you can apply a metapsionic feat to a power without expending focus. You do not have to choose the feat ahead of time. In addition, the PP cost adjustment from that feat is reduced by 2, to a minimum of 0.
- Vestige Casting - 1/day, you can manifest a power with manifesting time of 1 round or less as an immediate action. Its displays are automatically suppressed as though you had succeeded on your concentration check.