PDA

View Full Version : To Hit Values

Meta
2011-10-26, 11:14 AM
I'm not very knowledgeable on 3.5 mechanics, but I'm looking for ways to improve attack bonus. I'll be a a twf (not the class fighter) with shadow blade and another damage mechanic so I really need a way to make sure all that damage lands. Unfortunately, mcing and prcs won't work and neither will casting spells for this character. Thoughts?

zagan
2011-10-26, 11:25 AM
It's my pleasure to present you my Comprehensive list of way to augment attack roll (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144321).
Enjoy !

Diefje
2011-10-26, 11:29 AM
I'm having a brain fart, what's "mcing"?

There's a feat in the kingdoms of kalamar players guide called Unerring Strike. It's an inverse Power Attack, trade dmg for hit.

Greyfell
2011-10-26, 11:33 AM
I'd assume 'multi classing' or taking more base classes.

Greyfell
2011-10-26, 11:36 AM
double post. sorry

Flickerdart
2011-10-26, 12:15 PM
Kalamar is a 3rd party series, and pretty terrible at that.

Honestly, unless your DM changes up monsters significantly, landing hits isn't very difficult. With full BAB, reasonably enchanted weapons and a good DEX, you'll be hitting reasonably often. You can grab Wild Cohort for a flanking buddy to offset the -2 from TWF if you really feel the need.

Diefje
2011-10-26, 12:56 PM
Kalamar is a 3rd party series, and pretty terrible at that.

Not arguing there. Almost all of the classes/PrC's/spells/feats are terrible, and the ones that aren't are mediocre. The setting is nice though, imho.

If he doesn't allow 3rd party, you could ask if you could plug negative numbers into Power Attack. It would definately fall under Shenanigans, but if you don't abuse it...

Meta
2011-10-26, 02:28 PM
Thank you for the responses so far!

I'm gonna look through that list now.

I've got Island of Blades as a side effect of going for Shadow Blade so flanking shouldn't be too hard. Feat Space is fairly tight, but I can fit in one more by going with feycraft weapons instead of taking Weapon Finesse.

Flicker, hitting on level opponents might not be challenging, sure, but hitting a few level ups seems like a good investment.

If I only have one feat, what do you think would be best? I've got high dex and wis and solid str.