PDA

View Full Version : Best Hobgoblin Builds

Kilink
2011-10-26, 11:49 AM
I'm interested in playing a Hobgoblin as a race in a session but with so many options and ways to make a character I think I need some direction.

Anyone can help me with a build :)? The sillier the better...

Tokuhara
2011-10-26, 11:55 AM
I'm interested in playing a Hobgoblin as a race in a session but with so many options and ways to make a character I think I need some direction.

Anyone can help me with a build :)? The sillier the better...

1) Sunscorched Hobgoblin is a good option. Dragonblood subtype, Wisdom Bonus, other fun things. For more info, see Dragon Magic

2) Unarmed Swordsage/Favorite Monk PrCs make you a kung-fu master. Just pick your favorite Martial Art and pick maneuvers to fit your style of choice

Diefje
2011-10-26, 12:30 PM
Bard/Evangelist. Talk all the heathens to the one true God Hextor. Convert or get whoopeth in yon rear end.

Kilink
2011-10-26, 03:10 PM
Would a Swordsage with a dip into Warblade be able to use the Warblade's way of refreshing their maneuvers?

Nevermind, Google Answered me, any other fun builds you guys can think off? A kung fu master swordsage would be cool...maybe throw some druken fist? :smallbiggrin:

CGforever!
2011-10-27, 02:59 AM
I don't really see hobgoblins getting drunk...

Kilink
2011-10-27, 01:36 PM
Sounds really actually...well I guess Unarmed Swordsage sounds good :smallbiggrin:

faceroll
2011-10-27, 02:36 PM
Hobgoblin samurai. Go factotum1/Wablade a lot. Quick draw that katana and cut a fool.

Zaq
2011-10-27, 03:27 PM
Go Psion. Why Psion? Because nobody will be expecting it.

AMFV
2011-10-27, 03:28 PM
Go Psion. Why Psion? Because nobody will be expecting it.

No one expects the psionic inquisition.

Kilink
2011-10-27, 03:39 PM
Sadly the Psionic classes were banned by our DM...not fun...

A samurai goblin would be cool too. I mostly will roleplay him with a Deep Hate towards Elfs and named him: OlagHa Dou'Ken of the Marrow Suckers, Fist of the South Star...and he requests explicitly to be called by his full title.

faceroll
2011-10-27, 03:44 PM
Marrow Suckers? Marrow Walkers would be a cooler appellative.

Tokuhara
2011-10-27, 03:53 PM
Sadly the Psionic classes were banned by our DM...not fun...

A samurai goblin would be cool too. I mostly will roleplay him with a Deep Hate towards Elfs and named him: OlagHa Dou'Ken of the Marrow Suckers, Fist of the South Star...and he requests explicitly to be called by his full title.

His name is a cluster. The party will nickname you. Think what happened in Aquisitions Inc.

Kilink
2011-10-27, 03:55 PM
:smallfrown: sad...anyway I will run some builds to check, anything that seems more silly?

Zaq
2011-10-27, 05:46 PM
Take Stoneblessed to get into Silver Key, grab a few levels of Trapsmith, and go from there?

Tokuhara
2011-10-27, 06:32 PM
Take Stoneblessed to get into Silver Key, grab a few levels of Trapsmith, and go from there?

If anything,

Spirit Lion Wolf Barbarian 1/Mystic Shooting Star Ranger (Arcanist Favored Enemy) 8/Stoneblessed 3 (Goliath)/Goliath Liberator 5/Champion of Gwynharyf 3

Call yourself a "Goliath-kin," and if somebody makes a crack about your height, get mad. VERY MAD

Anarchy_Kanya
2011-10-27, 09:00 PM
Hobgoblin Commoner. That would be silly.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-10-27, 09:05 PM
If anything,

Spirit Lion Wolf Barbarian 1/Mystic Shooting Star Ranger (Arcanist Favored Enemy) 8/Stoneblessed 3 (Goliath)/Goliath Liberator 5/Champion of Gwynharyf 3

Call yourself a "Goliath-kin," and if somebody makes a crack about your height, get mad. VERY MAD

You have to take the mountain rage variant barbarian levels AFTER Stoneblessed. It doesn't work if you take the, before becoming a goliath.

Tokuhara
2011-10-27, 09:26 PM
You have to take the mountain rage variant barbarian levels AFTER Stoneblessed. It doesn't work if you take the, before becoming a goliath.

You're Right. My Bad

Gwendol
2011-10-28, 02:31 AM
Barbarians don't rhyme well with the hobgoblin "lawful" tag. I suggest going the battlefield controller route using levels of knight or fighter, or go archer ranger: with +2 in DEX and CON, combined with racial bonus in move silently and darkvision you will become a fearsome swift hunter (combining with scout of course).

Tokuhara
2011-10-28, 07:49 AM
Barbarians don't rhyme well with the hobgoblin "lawful" tag. I suggest going the battlefield controller route using levels of knight or fighter, or go archer ranger: with +2 in DEX and CON, combined with racial bonus in move silently and darkvision you will become a fearsome swift hunter (combining with scout of course).

It says in Dragon Magazine 309 that Barbarians are common among some tribes of Hobgoblins