PDA

View Full Version : Dual-Whip Grappler/Battler

ExemplarofAvg
2011-10-26, 12:54 PM
So During an American Pie Marathon, in the opening trailers for American Wedding it showed a trailer for "The Rundown" starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Sean William Scott and Christopher Walken. Now I've never personally seen it but there was one guy who looked cool, he dual-wielded whips, and proceeded to pull such antics as slashing a table in half, grabbing someone and throwing them, and tripping them. Any ideas on how to recreate this? Tripping is easy enough, TWF-Oversized will take care of the dual-wielding the whips, grappling is a question but the main problems are making the whips somewhat effective, (I know of Whip Dagger, 'Mighty' Even, but it still has basic whip problems, No Attack of Opportunities provoking Attacks of Opportunities when you attack with them) What I imagine working really well (if possible) would be to remove the AoO problems with the whip and execute Setting Sun manoeuvres with the whips. (Would represent throwing and grabbing with it) I have looked around for ways to do some of this but all seem to suggest some sort of Bard/Wilder/Pyrokineticist/Lasher build, how does that work? Is it anything like I'm working/looking for?

EDIT:
Here's the movie trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-d1LJ66Nyw

EDITtheEDIT:
Or mayhaps as I've just run across a Dual-Whip Whirlwind Duskblade.

ExemplarofAvg
2011-10-27, 01:49 PM
24 Hour Obligatory Bump

Diefje
2011-10-27, 01:58 PM
I'm thinking it would be much easier to do with 2 tentacles or strands rather than whips. You can entangle, trip, disarm, sunder with whips, but to start throwing people with it... Maybe something with Animate? It just seems you would lack the strength and manipulation.