PDA

View Full Version : Bardic Music without Bard levels?

BooNL
2011-10-26, 02:37 PM
Hey all,

I'm gearing up for a new game, first table game in a long time. Pretty excited about it.

Anyway, I was thinking of going for a dancer kind of archetype, focusing mostly on Binder and Paimon.

I'm trying to work Snowflake Wardance in there somewhere, but to be honest I'd like to try and keep dipping and diluting Binder to a minimum. I've been looking for ways to get Bardic Music without dipping bard, but the only PrC I can find is Virtuoso, which requires Arcane casting, so no luck there.

Does anyone know of any creative ways to get this ability or should I just suck it up and dip Bard for a bit?

Regarding Paimon and Snowflake Wardance. The DM has allowed me to switch Paimon's Uncanny Dodge with the Dervish' Slashing Blades ability and make scimitars apply to Weapon Finesse. We couldn't find any other way of combining the two abilities, so a good trade-off there.

hex0
2011-10-26, 02:43 PM
Prestige Bard from UA (Also on the SRD online)

vampire2948
2011-10-26, 02:44 PM
A way of doing it would be to dip bard for 1 level, then take the feat 'Chaos Music', which will increase your bardic music uses and types as if you were a bard of +4 levels compared to what you actually are. You can take this more than once, but your effective bard level for the music cannot go over your HD.

Talya
2011-10-26, 02:48 PM
Heartfire Fanner PrC from dragon magazine --I am not in a position to look up which volume right now-- grants you the bardic music ability of a 5th level bard if you don't already have bard levels. (If you do have bard levels, they simply stack.)

Socratov
2011-10-26, 03:13 PM
A way of doing it would be to dip bard for 1 level, then take the feat 'Chaos Music', which will increase your bardic music uses and types as if you were a bard of +4 levels compared to what you actually are. You can take this more than once, but your effective bard level for the music cannot go over your HD.

for the uses you can stack the aforementioned advise with extra music which grants you a whopping extra of 4 uses of bardic music. to take it you only need the bardic music class feature (so you can take it at lvl 1)

Darrin
2011-10-26, 03:33 PM
Does anyone know of any creative ways to get this ability or should I just suck it up and dip Bard for a bit?

Warrior Skald from Races of Faerun, but it requires Power Attack and Cleave.

Also, check out the Initiate of Milil from Champions of Valor... although I'm not sure if it gives you Bardic Music if you don't have it already.

gkathellar
2011-10-26, 04:37 PM
Heartfire Fanner PrC from dragon magazine --I am not in a position to look up which volume right now-- grants you the bardic music ability of a 5th level bard if you don't already have bard levels. (If you do have bard levels, they simply stack.)

Dragon 314. It progresses any form of casting, has an average BAB, and requires Diplomacy 10, Perform 10, Skill Focus (perform), Negotiator, and 1st level casting. Its abilities are okay, but it's primarily a dip for casters to get bardsong for whatever reason.

Its one really excellent piece of utility is helping to get Sublime Chord access for Ultimate Magus. UM + SC = insanely high CL.