PDA

View Full Version : 3.P (Mostly PF) Epic Immortal Character Armor, Weapons, and Feats help.

TurtleKing
2011-10-26, 07:34 PM
Making a level 25 3.P character that is a Saurian Time Thief 20/Something 5. The Time Thief has to be 20 since the capstone is basically never being able to die of old age. Here is the link to the PF Time Thief. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/s/time-thief

What I am wondering is what class to add for the other 5 levels that also has keeps track of things chronologically. Basically class features that are Bardic Lore and such basically a history class. It can be from 3.5 if PF doesn't have a version of it.

Edit: Here is a relevant info has what am planning for the character taken from a few of my posts.
Another year has passed. Well has he chroncles this year he reflects back on the past. He has been around for longer than some dieties. He was around when just about any event happened. He thought he had seen it all…till he walked through the Gate. All he knew then suddenly seemed little after a travel through the planes. Chroncling them hasn't been easy since events keep happening regardless if there or not so keeping track of everything has been keeping him on his toes since then. Though looking in will get old after time so now he is getting to be apart of history. Now he is his time!

I'm curious about the world's timeline as in the chain of events that have happened. Working on the backstory of he was the first Saurian(rumored) having been around longer than some dieties such as Vecna. He has done it all and seen it all. T-shirt too. Emotion wise he is stubborn, crotchty, boastful, old fart with most of his emotions are mostly just for show as he as pretty much stop feeling anything. Basically it is the having lived so long nothing really holds much appeal anymore. Even if he could have called it quits he can't thanks to a cult or two worshipping him. What!? You don't live for so long without someone praising/worshipping you for your immortality. Probably has ties to quite a few dieties that keep track of the happenings in the world. …And quite a few attempts on his life considering he doesn't die to age not also applying to combat.

So anyone have ideas how might refine his backstory further? How DM many plot hooks as things he has done comes back to bite him, things concerning his cult that pays little attention to, and all the info that he has aquired written down or not. So you could use my character has the mouth for "This is what happened". Oh planning on his actual age being ion the vicinity of at least 100K years or roughly the equilavent of how long Saurians have lived.

Edit: Had a thought on the cult. Have several different sects with different views on how to raise me to dietyhood, and possibly one trying to figure out to "steal" his immortality with another keeping track of his records. The two prominent sects are with the views of one being if my character survives until the end of time then will be one of the dieties of the new universe while the others think I need to die to become a diety…or released from my earthly bonds…by being consumed. The he has to die to ascend sect has different views on how I should die resulting in smaller subsects. All the while my character knows about them but doesn't care except for when they try to kill him.

While that mostly just defines kind of am expecting the character to act like and the backstory wondering if any PrC that doesn't advance casting or a base class that could possibly pull this character off.

TurtleKing
2011-10-27, 01:56 AM
Anyone going to say something?

satorian
2011-10-27, 02:36 AM
Binder? You've certainly been around the block and met some odd stuff, the dark of which others can't even dream. It would also add odd situational benefits to your odd situational benefit class.

If you could wrangle he prereqs, Dracolexi would be cool for flavor if not functionality, but I don't see how.

Redrat2k6
2011-10-27, 02:45 AM
Just to let you know, Ultimate magic has a feat for wizards at level 20 that makes them immortal. Then you could just take 5 more levels of wizard and win DND with epic spellcasting yay!!!

TurtleKing
2011-10-27, 02:50 AM
While yes could do that with a Wizard am wanting the inherent fun that comes with the Time Thief. Plus I want the challenge. So far Pathfinder Delver seems like it could work yet seems a bit weak. I want competent and capable not I WIN.

Qwertystop
2011-10-27, 08:11 AM
You wouldn't actually NEED Time Thief. Anything that makes you an Outsider as a capstone makes you immortal, AFAIK. Also, just being an Elan (the race, not the bard) makes you immortal without any class levels. Just replace "First Saurian" with "First Elan".

TurtleKing
2011-10-27, 08:25 AM
While all that could work this is mostly a PF campaign building the character, and I have become attached to the Time Thief. So any attempts to dissuade me from the class will fail. Reason being if any member of your race can live forever then nothing special. Yet if your race was considered old and around when dinosaurs walked the planet then not only being a member of said dying race, but also being able to have lived through all of that is what I want.

So what Class/PrC that has a Knowledge feel to it that also doesn't advance spellcasting has I have none would work?

Aneurin
2011-10-27, 09:46 AM
Archivist, from Heroes of Horror is pretty much the ultimate Knowledge class, I'd say. However, it is considered a Tier 1 class if that's an issue - the game doesn't look like a super optimized one.

As an alternative suggestion, if you're going down the Something Thief role, take levels of Spell Thief, and find a way to take Ur-Priest, too, just for the fun of stealing time, arcane magic and divine magic.

TurtleKing
2011-10-30, 03:35 PM
Well planning on Time Thief 20/Archivist 5 with all Cleric spells that are 3rd or below. Would also go for all spells of the Paladin, Druid, and Ranger but don;t want to pay duplicates of a spell that appears on both. So if happen to provide a list of Pathfinder Druid only, Paladin only, and Ranger only spells that would be great. Don't worry about the time as the character is at least 55,000 years old that could easily go upto somewhere older than dirt and dawn of time.

On another note trying to think of what armor and weapons could get. While can use 3.5 such as the MIC if there is a PF version then have to go with that. Wanting it to fit the theme of a primarily Time with some Knowledge. One idea I have is using a sling to sling "Sands of Time". The character is alot like the Rogue in terms of fighting though does not have SA. Basically a skill monkey that has lots of tricks that can be used many times per day. My Dex is higher than Str so thinking of being a ranged fighting though the Str is only slightly behind. So what weapons and armor would be good? Oh not wanting to be a combat fiend as the character is a skill monkey and face.

Edit: Most of my feats have not been picked yet other than Knowledge devotion so what feats and even epic feats for a level 25 3.P skill monkey character should I look into. Matter of fact also add flaws and traits as well.

TurtleKing
2011-11-04, 08:56 AM
Hello? Am I the only one here?

Ok I have found a wonderfull weapon. The Stunshot Sling from MIC. The interesting ability is 3/day stun for 1 round if they can't make the Fort DC EQUAL TO THE ATTACK ROLL RESULT! So what does this mean exactly? Is the DC somewhere between 1 and 20 or does the attack bonus get added on. If the attack bonus gets added on then could have upwards of a Fort DC 50-80. Also just how useful is a stun at epic levels, and what it would take to make useful? Either way looking for a weapon to sling my "Sands of Time" that have a slowing effect. While this does not mean Slow it does make them slow up.

So how to make this weapon viable at Epic.

Tokuhara
2011-11-04, 10:55 AM
As an alternative suggestion, if you're going down the Something Thief role, take levels of Spell Thief, and find a way to take Ur-Priest, too, just for the fun of stealing time, arcane magic and divine magic.

Seconded. You are taking back what your people had taken from them

TurtleKing
2011-11-04, 11:29 AM
Yet going down that route I am not immortal in terms of never aging. I have also pitched that since Saurians are a dying race with dieties dead they look to him to be the future of the race. THE CLASS IS SET. What I am looking for is trying to be somewhat combat capable on a budget of 800,000g or less using the Stunshot Sling as a spring board. While my character could use martial weapons don't want to for fluff reasons. Work the mechanics to fit with the fluff. Since Time Thief gets never aging immortality while the rest doesn't then staying with Time Thief. Did I mention this mostly a PF campaign with some 3.5 not the other way around. Yes I am primarily focused on ranged so will recieve more attention the melee. For the melee side was thinking of just enhancing the Rod of Suprise to a +5 version if possible and within budget. I ahve still to account for Adamatisau's Cult Badge and 10 Scales of Time.

Adamatisau's Cult Badge has an open Tome set behind a Hourglass with equal parts sand in the top and bottom. To the sides of that are Pillars/Columns with lines up under that representing Land. Surrounding all of this are twelve Scrolls in the numbers positions of a clock. Three of the Scrolls are gold with another is Silver. The rest are Bronze. These are used to signify in the cult as well rank. Only Adamatisau has the Tome while all others in the cult have Scrolls set behind the Hourglass.

The 10 Scales of Time are only given by Adamatisau to the ones he trusts. These are made from Adamatisau's scales that have a hourglass inscribed on them. While doesn't seem like would be worth alot it is what they represent that matters most. Well also having unlimited access to one of the greatest records of not only the world but also to a smaller degree the Planes as well is something. The records are what keeps this just from being looked down on like most cults.

So while also coming up with an adjusted Stunshot Sling that is a +6 Sling able to stun at least 3/day with a Fort Dc equal to the attack how much would this be? Limit in price is 800,000 going to spend on this weapon. Also how much do you think the Badge and Scales should be worth?

Don't say go with X class over what I have anymore. You will be ignored.

Tokuhara
2011-11-04, 11:42 AM
Yet going down that route I am not immortal in terms of never aging. I have also pitched that since Saurians are a dying race with dieties dead they look to him to be the future of the race. THE CLASS IS SET. What I am looking for is trying to be somewhat combat capable on a budget of 800,000g or less using the Stunshot Sling as a spring board. While my character could use martial weapons don't want to for fluff reasons. Work the mechanics to fit with the fluff. Since Time Thief gets never aging immortality while the rest doesn't then staying with Time Thief. Did I mention this mostly a PF campaign with some 3.5 not the other way around. Yes I am primarily focused on ranged so will recieve more attention the melee. For the melee side was thinking of just enhancing the Rod of Suprise to a +5 version if possible and within budget. I ahve still to account for Adamatisau's Cult Badge and 10 Scales of Time.

Adamatisau's Cult Badge has an open Tome set behind a Hourglass with equal parts sand in the top and bottom. To the sides of that are Pillars/Columns with lines up under that representing Land. Surrounding all of this are twelve Scrolls in the numbers positions of a clock. Three of the Scrolls are gold with another is Silver. The rest are Bronze. These are used to signify in the cult as well rank. Only Adamatisau has the Tome while all others in the cult have Scrolls set behind the Hourglass.

The 10 Scales of Time are only given by Adamatisau to the ones he trusts. These are made from Adamatisau's scales that have a hourglass inscribed on them. While doesn't seem like would be worth alot it is what they represent that matters most. Well also having unlimited access to one of the greatest records of not only the world but also to a smaller degree the Planes as well is something. The records are what keeps this just from being looked down on like most cults.

So while also coming up with an adjusted Stunshot Sling that is a +6 Sling able to stun at least 3/day with a Fort Dc equal to the attack how much would this be? Limit in price is 800,000 going to spend on this weapon. Also how much do you think the Badge and Scales should be worth?

Don't say go with X class over what I have anymore. You will be ignored.

I completely agree. Time Thief 20/Spellthief 1/Ur Priest 2/Contemplative 2

Grab Master Spellthief for your 21st level feat, and you can steal spells, slas, spell resistance, etc. as a 21st level spellthief. With Ur Priest and Contemplative, you get a bunch of nice abilities and divine casting. All you need is decent gear (stick with light armor. Doesn't interfere with spellcasting. I personally like Mithril Chain Shirt), a pair of light melee weapons (Kaorti Resin Kukhris are awesome: 1d6 18-20 x4 crit base without enchantments) and the sling as a back-up weapon.

And belive me, sometimes, we at the playground are OCD about "incomplete build #'s" and are compelled to fill it. I at least answered your questions

TurtleKing
2011-11-04, 12:47 PM
I am going to say no to that suggestion for purely it made me think munchkin. I don't want munchkin or even powergamer. Is that optimised…no clue. While the campaign does have combat this is not meant to be a combat focused character. This is a skill monkey/party face character that can also fight a little. Sling is not the backup weapon. It is the main weapon. Sticking with Archivist for knowledge aspects. Being a thief is actually not the focus of the build. Can he sneak around into places yes. That does not mean he is going to be played that way most of the time. Only when necessary.

While I do appreciate you responding since few will I would prefer build help to have a greater sticking to the parameters of what I am looking for.

Tokuhara
2011-11-04, 12:55 PM
I am going to say no to that suggestion for purely it made me think munchkin. I don't want munchkin or even powergamer. Is that optimised…no clue. While the campaign does have combat this is not meant to be a combat focused character. This is a skill monkey/party face character that can also fight a little. Sling is not the backup weapon. It is the main weapon. Sticking with Archivist for knowledge aspects. Being a thief is actually not the focus of the build. Can he sneak around into places yes. That does not mean he is going to be played that way most of the time. Only when necessary.

While I do appreciate you responding since few will I would prefer build help to have a greater sticking to the parameters of what I am looking for.

There is a feat (talk to your DM) called Otherworldly. Gives you Outsider (Native, Saurain) as your type. You no longer age, get Alter Self sillyness, and MWP. And ranged combat vs. TWF in this case is worse. Not saying the sling isn't great, but you have to look at combat effectiveness. I know you aren't looking at that (fluff vs. crunch), but remember: even full-time skillmonkeys enter combat.

TurtleKing
2011-11-04, 01:20 PM
I know I was thinking of going Vital Strike line for some destructive capabilities. Benefit is staying on the move for hit and run tactics. The Stunshot Sling looks to fit what wanting to do. Can also increase the +1 to around +6 though hoping that don't go past my budget. While may seem like the way to fight is similar to a Rogue I rather not be there in the thick with the opponent just turns around and pounds me into the dirt. There is a reason Adamatisau is at least 55,000 years old. He doesn't get in the thick if possible. Another thing is the campaign is the group being a part of a police force or so. Basically help keep the balance. One side gets too out of hand and the Scales of the Planes or SotP steps in.