PDA

View Full Version : A Horcorers Tale; Journel

croaker
2011-10-26, 10:32 PM
Hi all Ive been seeing some people creating journals lately and thought i'd test my writing skill. This is a campaign that ive been running with some beginners
using core books.

characters

Heilman - the horcorer (only person who has original character)elven sorc based on utility tried to talk him out of it but has doen well

Blocthar - the group's dwarven barbarian with a tendency for stupidity

Oban - the pessimistic cleric of Pelor , (mute due to tounge being removed)

these are the originial characters and this is their Tale(third person)

It was a dark, stormy night lightning tore the sky. the slave masters had given them the night off on account of their rowing not making a difference. Looking to his left Oban is confronted with the scarred face of his rowing mate Blothar or Bloktar who was just staring at Oban. Oban assumed that the reason for this behavior was to intimidate him into giving his food, which Oban never ate in an attempt to die sooner only eating when his stomach was on the edge of eating him inside out.
With the food gone and his temptation removed Oban looked right and saw the slacking elf who had tried to talk Oban into doing all the rowing for the day while he slept. Of course he had no way to refuse the lazy elf having no way to communicate other than nod or shake of the head. Which the elf ignored. Onced the meager meal was complete the slave masters quenched the torches and left the rowing chamber with the slaves chained down. Oban disliked the dark it made him have no alternative but to think on what brought him to this, his families betrayal, his annoying rowing mates, and damp floor which he bedded in. About this time he let sleep over take him and left him to his empty sleep.
He awoke on to the crash of waves the pull of the chain that connected him to his rowing mates they were on a beach. Oban looked around the wreckage made it clear something befell them in the night though main body of the boat was missing just small chunk that had luckily got caught in the waves and brought them to shore. Standing up Oban was again tugged harder this time by the Dwarf who recklessly ran up to a barrel that had a spear protruding from it. Oban was stumbling along when Bloktar or whatever pulled the spear free and spilled the contents of the barrel onto the sand. it was a weapons container there were 5 swords 3 daggers and a handaxe. The lazy elf was walking beside Oban trying to pick the lock of the crude shackles with a rock. Oban then reached down for the dagger planning to end this right then,but Bloktar thought he was taking his "loot" and quickly and effectively punched him where it would be most effective. Making oban curl into a little ball for a time.
While Blocthar busy trying to pick up as many weapons as dwavenly possible, the lazy elf had unlocked his shackles and was rubbing his wrist and said "hello ... um kind? sir may i have one of those daggers you dont seem to be able to carry them all anyway".
Which the dwarf promptly replied by dropping everything except a dagger and said something like "If I cut your pretty little face off and wear it will that mean im pretty," im not sure of exact wording but i think it equates to that. They ended up coming to an agreement if Heilman (the lazy elf) dies then he willingly will part with his face in exchange Blocthar has to give him a weapon and help them get out of this situation. They had forgotten bout Oban at this point and he used this time to grab a sword, his will to kill himself broken, thinking something else would prevent him from that and resigned himself to waiting for his natural time to run out. with everyone's shackles unlocked with the exception of Oban's they set off inland to almost immediately come across the whip master with five slavers surrounding him.
With out a single thought (if there is any inside a barbarians head) the dwarf charged with his spear held high and impaled the first man through his pride and joy. which backfired the spear was stuck inside the man. Blocthar was quickly surrounded and was beat with the clubs of the remaining four, alas he was beyond caring at this point. Heilman looked around for some way to distract them then just yelled at them " hey you men if you stop and let us go ill...." he looked around looked at himself got a confident smile "ill let you have your way with me". Oban stared at the elf in a new light remembering all the times he was in the dark sleeping right next to him. The guards though paid him no mind continued to beat the enraged dwarf into submission while the slave master laughed out right at the proposition.
Heilman muttered some incantations in a tongue that was unknown to Oban
and pointed his finger in the direction of the slave master with rage in his eyes. From that finger burst a ray of brilliant blue light that zoomed wide and to the right of the slave master. The slavers realizing the new threat split 2 for dwarf 2 for the caster of unknown power warily. Oban seizing this chance using the shackles that imprisoned him to whip at the closest slaver, it coiled around the mans ankle and with a tug it dropped him to the ground with barely time to yell in surprise.
With two less people to distract him, Blocthar pulled his spear from the dead slaver and beat the one to his right savagely. while this happened Heilman spoke a familiar incantation after which he cried "fear my magic human scum," pointed his finger and a blue ray which almost point blank went over the mans shoulder into a small dune making a chunk of sand cold.
The Slave master seeing his men being bested decided to let these pieces of trash feel his wrath. Seeing an unsuspecting man straddling one of his men the whip master stealthily approached. Oban after a brutal grapple with the downed slaver didn't notice the fat smelly man that had crept up behind him, but he did feel the lightning strike that left a deep gash down his back. Oban smiled knowing that the slave master was angry and would likely take this to far thus ending his demeaning existence.
Blocthar after quickly finishing the remaining slaver saw the whip master brutally beating the scrawny man that was Oban, his food wagon , no one touches his food wagon he let out a roar and threw his spear. Oban looked back in time to see the spear come through the shoulder arced back for another strike. Also see the dwarf charge in and cut off the slavers hand.
Heilman cursed pulled out his dagger and muttered something about crude weapons doesn't do him justice. The slaver seeing this elf as no threat after the poor aiming almost laughed when he brandished the dagger and took his time to get there. Heilman dived in quicker then expected did a clumsy feint and slashed at the slavers hand, the attack was blocked with ease the slaver confident that the elf was no threat looked behind him to see how the others were fairing opened his mouth in dismay to find his leader on the ground with a the scrawny man choking him to death with the dwarf unconscious on the ground beside them. his dismay grew when he felt a pain in his lower back and turned around to see the elf grinning with a bloodied dagger say "never take your eyes off of your opponent foolish human," when another impact brought brief pain to the back of the head then eternal darkness.
After the fight Oban out of breath lowered the rock he'd used to club the slaver,and noted the elf beside Bloktar or whatever trying to force the unconscious form to eat some yellow plant. Oban frantically tapped on Heilman's shoulder giving the elf a questioning look. "dont worry my ugly little human i have Praiseroot its healing powers shall cure his wounds without them i believe he shall die,".
It was indeed Praiseroot but this elf was confused on the effects of the herb it gave mild relief to stomach pains not the claims he gave them. With a sigh of disbelief he pushed the thin elf aside and sat beside the dwarf placing a frail hand on the unconscious form and made hand gestures that was almost forgotten to him. Oban felt delighted as the power rushing through him to his intended target seeing the wounds stop bleeding then scab over but the wounds were grievous so when complete with the spell the wounds weren't fully healed just scabbed over.
Blocthar's eyes poped open and exclaimed at his discomfort seeing the bloody man leaning over him punched his savior in the face. After Heilman took the dwarf aside and the dwarf vented his anger on the dead bodies. Bloktar or whatever returned and surprisingly apologized for the punch in the face " Sorry food bin i was in the heat o' the moment then everything went fuzzy for a bit then a human with blood on 'im lookin o'er me what ya expect" well its close enough.
Heilman quickly exclaimed though "why did you never tell us you were a man of the cloth..... oh yeah the tongue thing well you can write cant you?".
The elf distracted by looking for a stick for Oban to write with didnt notice Obans written message in the sand, while Blocthar started to peer intensely at it. Oban was waiting for the dwarf to acknowledge his message to leave the area quickly and came to the conclusion that Bloktar is a mentally deficient. When Heilman returned found the dwarf sitting studying a note written in the sand "when you return head straight inland i tried to tell the dwarf but hes a retard,". Heilman looked at the dwarf then the note started laughing and said "hey we are so lucky to have this treasure map written on the ground for us," Blocthar turned a serious gaze at the elf. "where is this Treasure, pretty face,".
"why isnt it obvious we need to go straight inland, and find that human he took the rest of the map with him,". Before Heilman finished the statement the dwarf was off with a yelled challenge that he would fine the human first.
Prologue end

that was the first session it was an hour or two of gameplay with them fighting a group of lvl1 warriors with leather armor to get the mechanics down.

this is the first time ive written anything so should i continue i still have plenty more material to write on. thanks and post if you want me to continue with the story.:smallsmile: