PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Odd Build Question 3.XP

Tokuhara
2011-10-26, 11:51 PM
I had the idea from another post (Master & Butler), so I have to ask:

How would you make Valkenhayn R. Hellsing (http://blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/Valkenhayn_Hellsing) from Blazblue?

Here's the criteria:

1) He's a 100+ year old werewolf, so the Werewolf template would be the obvious choice. DM has ruled before that the RHD thing Werewolves have is stupid and thus doesn't exist

2) He fights unarmed (he fights bare knuckle and through his werewolf shifting) and has a limited Planes Shift (only between "Earth" and Rachel's Realm). This is where things could get sketchy

3) He's the living definition of a Battle Butler. He complains when people are uncivilized and brews tea in another dimension just to keep it away from thuggish people. He is very sophistocated, so I want him to act as an excellent Party Face

4) He can shift back and forth between his werewolf form and his human form, whether partially, hybrid, or full-fledged wolf. The template covers the Hybrid, Human, and Wolf Forms, but the partial is buggin' me.

5) His Astral Heat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NhBsDInQWA). Nuff Said

Please help

and to all who want to ask about the Tortoise build, it got nixed :smallmad:

Hirax
2011-10-27, 12:15 AM
My inkling is a sorcerer with to cast mighty whallop and greater mighty whallop on yourself. He's not really much of a caster, so I'd say go for a battle+stalwart sorcerer if you want to distance yourself from being a full magic user. Then jump into swiftblade as soon as you can to emphasize his incredible speed. Maybe a level of pounce+whirling frenzy barbarian if you really want to emphasize his savage temper. You'd need to work around the fluff of the barbarian class, but getting rage or a rage like ability in there isn't a bad idea. Casting the spell rage would be too cumbersome.

lorddrake
2011-10-27, 08:08 AM
I'm not a connoisseur of all the books but I've seen somewhere in the forum that there is a feat or something that may give you a wild form. It could work for a quasi-werewolf that has martial leaning.

Some of the elders of the playground may help you more, though...

Tokuhara
2011-10-27, 08:53 AM
My inkling is a sorcerer with to cast mighty whallop and greater mighty whallop on yourself. He's not really much of a caster, so I'd say go for a battle+stalwart sorcerer if you want to distance yourself from being a full magic user. Then jump into swiftblade as soon as you can to emphasize his incredible speed. Maybe a level of pounce+whirling frenzy barbarian if you really want to emphasize his savage temper. You'd need to work around the fluff of the barbarian class, but getting rage or a rage like ability in there isn't a bad idea. Casting the spell rage would be too cumbersome.

Interesting.

He may be fast, but my issue is that he doesn't really cast spells (minus his "Unlock Potential" and "Limited Planeshift") and rage doesn't match the fluff. He may have a savage temper, but he is still aristocratic. He disdains getting his hands dirty unless absolutely necessary, or when somebody attacks Rachel.

For the campaign, he was sent by Rachel to our campaign's world to help end a coming Continuum Shift that may have "fallout" in their world. Valkenhayn is the only person capable of transitionings into the world, and thus was tasked to end a coming cluster.