PDA

View Full Version : trollbane ummunity?

NimbleNZ
2011-10-27, 12:23 AM
Hi,

quick question, if you were a troll and had immunity to posions, would you have immunity to trollbane as well?

thanks,

NimbleNZ

MesiDoomstalker
2011-10-27, 12:30 AM
Hi,

quick question, if you were a troll and had immunity to posions, would you have immunity to trollbane as well?

thanks,

NimbleNZ

Not completly clear. It is called a poison in the flavor text but requires a craft (alchemy) check to create (like all alchemical items) instead of a craft (poison) check. If I was DM, I'd say yes. Best answer: ask the DM.

NimbleNZ
2011-10-27, 12:43 AM
Not completly clear. It is called a poison in the flavor text but requires a craft (alchemy) check to create (like all alchemical items) instead of a craft (poison) check. If I was DM, I'd say yes. Best answer: ask the DM.

In our games I'm the DM (im the least noob, our proper DM left to go to the UK).

this is for a pvp build that i hope to post today or tomorrow sometime, so i guess the answer i'm looking for is what do most other DMs think?

MesiDoomstalker
2011-10-27, 12:44 AM
I'd say it does as it is called a poison. If it wasn't called a poison, I'd say no.

NNescio
2011-10-27, 12:58 AM

It's called a poison in the rules text as well:

... Activation: Trollbane functions as injury poison (DMG 296) ...

...expose the target to poison. ...

Since it "functions as an injury poison", immunity to poisons would confer immunity to Trollbane.

There is also precedent for poisons that are crafted with Alchemy checks, such as Positoxins (Libris Mortis), Crystal Scorpion Venom (Sandstorm), Darkeye (Sharn, City of Towers), and assorted Drugs from the Book of Vile Darkness.

In our games I'm the DM (im the least noob, our proper DM left to go to the UK).

this is for a pvp build that i hope to post today or tomorrow sometime, so i guess the answer i'm looking for is what do most other DMs think?

Since you are PvPing, do note that the MIC also has a Trollbane weapon enhancement.

NimbleNZ
2011-10-27, 01:51 AM
It's called a poison in the rules text as well:
Since it "functions as an injury poison", immunity to poisons would confer immunity to Trollbane.

There is also precedent for poisons that are crafted with Alchemy checks, such as Positoxins (Libris Mortis), Crystal Scorpion Venom (Sandstorm), Darkeye (Sharn, City of Towers), and assorted Drugs from the Book of Vile Darkness.
QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MesiDoomstalker;12107434]I'd say it does as it is called a poison. If it wasn't called a poison, I'd say no.

ok, looks like trolls are immune to it then, cheers guys :)

and Mesi you;ve made my day with your helpfulness! *doffs hat*

Morph Bark
2011-10-27, 01:59 AM

Fun question: do you count as injured if you aren't dealt lethal damage? :smallamused:

ok, looks like trolls are immune to it then, cheers guys :)

Except they aren't as trolls aren't immune to poison, but I presume your specific trolls are for some reason.

Ravens_cry
2011-10-27, 02:02 AM
Fun question: do you count as injured if you aren't dealt lethal damage? :smallamused:
Good question, I know that if a hit doesn't beat DR (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#damageReduction), injury poison doesn't take, but contact poison does.

NimbleNZ
2011-10-27, 02:09 AM
Except they aren't as trolls aren't immune to poison, but I presume your specific trolls are for some reason.

oh yes... :belkar: