PDA

View Full Version : So... Pets.

Avilan the Grey
2011-10-27, 02:06 AM
Finally the one expansion pack I have looked forward to is here (sims 3, for anyone who cares).

It's on my desk but it's officially a birthday present, so I am not "allowed" to install it until Nov 4th.

The good thing with that though is that various story progression mods etc will be updated by then, hopefully.

So... anyone already playing it? What are the differences from Sims 2 pets? I heard you have more control of your pets now (as in they are almost like sims).

Castaras
2011-10-28, 08:49 AM
Pets is out? YES. *goes to steam to buy i-*

wait. Monitor no work. Can't use computer with steam.

*shakes fist at universe in general*

Although I have to agree... Sims without story progression mods is nowhere near as good.

Sipex
2011-10-28, 09:44 AM
There are story progression mods? Where have I been all this time?!

Deme
2011-10-28, 09:45 AM
Pets is totally awesome. You basically have full control over your pets (well, as much as you do over your sims), and their traits can be trained over time.

I never played Sims 2 pets, but...For one thing there are horses, and you can do a flipping lot with horses. There are wild horses (and unicorns) to tame, horses have their own skills (so do dogs and cats) to raise. Dogs and Cats will hunt for collectables and small items respectively, and horses can be trained by their riders for racing or jumping -- and can compete in competitions in racing, jumping, or cross-country if their rider is skilled enough to match. These give you some money.

You can also breed animals, though horses are the only ones you can sell. There's also a new crop (carrots) and new traits and lifetime wishes for your sims. There's even a new career involving horses -- a self-employed horseman/woman.

Leecros
2011-10-28, 09:49 AM
Pets & Seasons are my favorite Sims expansion features(for both past games).

With that said, i wasn't one of those people whom got online to various locations to talk about The Sims and went "Oh Mah Gawd! Where R Mah Pets and Seasons!" . I'm actually happy that they explored other options. If every sims game was the same with the exception of improved visuals then it would go stale rather quickly.

Personally i do not have Pets yet, but I'm looking forward to getting it. It will be one that i will most definitely get as if my life depended on it. I'll probably get it during the holidays, or for my borfday that's shortly after. On top of that it IS what i'm getting my sister for the holidays. So yeah....yay pets!:smalltongue:

Avilan the Grey
2011-10-28, 01:22 PM
There are story progression mods? Where have I been all this time?!

The two major ones are Twallan's Story progression, which I use, and Awesomemod. Awesomemod changes way too much other things in the game outside the story progression for me to use it.