PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] What can change the alignment of a man OR RAW alignemnt change methods?

deuxhero
2011-10-27, 02:32 AM
I'm curious how many ways are detailed in 3.5. I'm interested as changing alignment is a very RP focused thing normally.

Most obvious is Helm of Opposite Alignment, but I'm sure there is more stuff out there. Fairly sure some book allows diploma(n)cy to change alignment, but I forget what.

Anything else?

Zaq
2011-10-27, 02:39 AM
Well, there's the obvious answer (a certain 9th level spell from a certain book that has an uncanny resemblance to a certain other 9th level spell from a certain other book), but that tends to derail threads.

Anyway, Emissary of Barachiel can force people into Goodness, and eventually Lawful Goodness.

Taking multiple Abyssal Heritor feats equals capital-C Chaos, but I forget if that's an effect (if you take multiple AH feats, you become Chaotic) or a prereq (you must be capital-C Chaotic to take multiple AH feats).

Alleran
2011-10-27, 02:41 AM
Belief.

But you probably know that, based on the thread title. :smallwink:

The spells Zaq refers to are Mind Rape and Sanctify the Wicked. There's also the BoED guidelines on changing somebody's alignment.

Zaq
2011-10-27, 02:42 AM
Belief.

But you probably know that, based on the thread title. :smallwink:

The spells Zaq refers to are [scrubbed] and [scrubbed]. There's also the BoED guidelines on changing somebody's alignment.

You fool! You've doomed us all!

Medic!
2011-10-27, 02:43 AM
There's also provisions (I think in Book of Exalted Deeds?) for making repeated diplomacy checks over time to redeem evil NPCs and change their alignment to good. EDIT: +1 to Alleran on typing faster than me =(

Book of Vile Darkness has a spell called Morality Undone (5th lvl spell if I remember right) that temporarily changes the target's alignment to evil. Landed that dude on a 20th lvl paladin NPC in the middle of a fight once, made for absolute hillarity!

Elfinor
2011-10-27, 03:30 AM
Does anyone else remember anything about a (grandfather?) clock that slowly changes someone's alignment to lawful over time? I'm sure that I've read about it somewhere but I can't find it now.

Here are a few more (most likely impractical, depending on campaign) definitive methods:

The often ridiculed 'Let's call Pazuzu!' wish granting technique moves alignment one step closer to Chaotic/Evil every time after the first that he's called on. Most DM's will, understandably, have him kill you or twist your all your wishes (even the technically inviolate first wish) though - no matter what RAW says. If anything happens at all. To be fair it does, strictly speaking, have a harsh prerequisite that is often glossed over - he won't save you from your own incompetence. This implies that he'll only fix things that are 'unfair' coincidences.
Gain the vampire or other 'always X alignment' template.
The minor artifact Deck of Many Things (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/artifacts.htm#deckofManyThings) has the Balance card - more or less the same thing as the Helm of Opposite Alignment.

EDIT: The following Major Artifacts:

Crown of Horns (Magic of Faerun [3.0], to NE with no save)
Hand and Eye of Vecna (DMG, to Evil but allow saves)

Qwertystop
2011-10-27, 08:04 AM
Why does Programmed Amnesia do anything any differently than Mindrape and Sanctify the Wicked?

Diefje
2011-10-27, 10:58 AM
Convert the Unfaithful, class ability from the Evangelist (complete divine). Save or change beliefs and alignment. When the duration runs out, you can choose to stay converted or change back (bonus save for having to get an atonement before you get alignment class abilities back)

jindra34
2011-10-27, 11:05 AM
Technically the Atonement spell can change anyone's alignment to match the caster, but it only works on willing targets.

Tyndmyr
2011-10-27, 12:01 PM
Were-x creatures. For instance, changing into the bear form of wearbear makes you LG. So, bite away, and start your plague of goodess.

ToH Spoiler:

A certain archway changes alignment and gender

Kender change the alignment of everyone near them into CE until they are deceased.

RelentlessImp
2011-10-27, 01:42 PM
Why does Programmed Amnesia do anything any differently than Mindrape and Sanctify the Wicked?

Because Mindrape is an [Evil] spell and Sanctify the Wicked is a [Good] spell. Therefore, they do something completely different!

PotatoNinja
2011-10-27, 02:11 PM
Find a way to commune with the dead, ask a maze which named ravel. She probably knows

Go to the blood wars and find a man with no name who looks like a zombie, but is quite alive. He may or may not be immortal.

If you can't find him, goto the plane of shadow and find the forteress of regrets, and find above mentioned mans mortality, it might still be intact, and he knows for sure.

Anybody else get spooky placescpe torment vibe from the OP?

Eisirt
2011-10-27, 02:22 PM
Mace of Blood (from the DMG)

Fail a DC13 Will Save and become CE.

Morithias
2011-10-27, 03:47 PM
Pact with a Devil for your soul makes you LE. Unfortionatly, this has the nasty downside of making you unable to be raised from the dead, unless you have a VERY good lawyer.

Qwertystop
2011-10-27, 03:55 PM
Because Mindrape is an [Evil] spell and Sanctify the Wicked is a [Good] spell. Therefore, they do something completely different!

Is that the only difference? Also, what about Programmed Amnesia?

Seems to me that all three do the same thing, and the only reason to take one other than Programmed Amnesia is if you need an alignment tag.

deuxhero
2011-10-27, 05:19 PM
Technically the Atonement spell can change anyone's alignment to match the caster, but it only works on willing targets.

So Dominate Person/KO first?