PDA

View Full Version : Where to find Weapon Special Ability?

zero32483
2011-10-27, 04:28 AM
Sort of a noobish question here. I'm making a weapon for one of my players and I'm looking for the absolute alignment enhancements (i.e., Pure Good, etc.).

What book are these located in?

HunterOfJello
2011-10-27, 05:08 AM
Holy, Unholy, Anarchaic, and Axiomatic are in the DMG. (At least the first two are there and the second two might be in the MiC.)

I've never seen a Pure Good weapon in any d&d book. I know they have them in Dungeons and Dragons Online. Are you sure you aren't confusing the MMO's weapons with the tabletop game's?

zero32483
2011-10-27, 05:15 AM
I admit it's possible. I was sure I'd seen a reference to the quality in a 3.5 pen and paper book somewhere, but as my memory isn't what it once was that could be a figment of my imagination.

Diarmuid
2011-10-27, 08:35 AM
In 2nd edition there was a "Talisman of Pure Good/Evil", but that's the closest I can think of and isnt a weapon.

AmberVael
2011-10-27, 08:50 AM
You may be thinking of the "X Power" enhancements (Holy Power, Anarchic Power, etc etc) which are basically identical to their similarly named counterparts, with the exception that they're epic enhancements.

As such, they're really expensive and frankly not worth it. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/magicItems/weapons.htm)

zero32483
2011-10-28, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I may use them, but I think I'm also going to go ahead and use the DDO qualities as well, as the crafting engine they introduced assigned them + values. ^_^ Thanks again!