PDA

View Full Version : Light "Heavy Armor"

Chalit
2011-10-27, 10:17 AM
Ok, i was wondering if there was an enchantment out there that changes the armor category down one in such a way that a set of mithril full plate will be considered light armor instead of medium.

my main concerns here are: keeping my speed where it is while having a massive AC, and preserving ability's that require you to be in light armor. Such as the Swordsages AC bonus.

Qwertystop
2011-10-27, 10:25 AM
Well, you could wear Medium Armor made of Mithral, and then add a bunch of enhancements to boost the AC bonus it gives you. Heavy armor on its own won't be that good without enhancements anyway, and some medium armors are pretty close to heavy ones in terms of AC bonus.

Also, add Armor Spikes and give them the Defending enhancement. That should boost it by a good bit.

Darrin
2011-10-27, 11:26 AM
Ok, i was wondering if there was an enchantment out there that changes the armor category down one in such a way that a set of mithril full plate will be considered light armor instead of medium.

Half-Weight property, +3 enhancement from the Forgotten Realms Underdark book. You can skip the mithral (or use some other special material) and go straight from heavy to light.

There's also the "Armored Savant" Fighter ACF from Dragon #355, which allows you to treat armor as one category lighter.