PDA

View Full Version : Saving multi-page threads

Weezer
2011-10-27, 02:42 PM
I was wondering if it were possible to save multi-page threads as a single file/word document? I could go through each page, save as and then manually merge them together, but I was wondering if there was an easier way?
I'm asking because I'm planning on creating a reference guide for the SW vs 40k vs ST thread that's on it's 4th thread in Media Discussions and for that to be feasible all the posts need to be in a single document.
Thanks for the assistance.

Cicciograna
2011-10-28, 11:45 AM
I've found a possibile solution, which involves the use of a bookmarklet.

If you're not familiar with what a bookmarklet is, suffice to say that it is a bit of javascript code that can be saved as a bookmark and that, if on a page where it can work, makes the things that it was programmed for.
So, visit this address (http://www.printwhatyoulike.com/pagezipper) and follow the instructions, adding the PageZipper bookmarklet to your bookmark toolbar (or simply to your bookmark list); then, visit the aforementioned thread and click on the bookmarklet. You'll see that every time you scroll to the end of the page, a new one is loaded in the same window and the counter is increased by one, thus allowing you to download one single colossal page and save it.

Hope it helped.