PDA

View Full Version : Devotion Feat Query

Chained Birds
2011-10-27, 03:37 PM
Hmm, I've been pondering about a non-turn/rebuke type character and am wondering if any of the 1/day devotions are useful?
Before anyone says it, my build can take Knowledge but I really wanted to try something fun and different like Chaos?

If relevant:
Class is Duskblade lvl (does it matter?). I've already taken the relavent feats and have 1 to spare.

On a side note: if the devotion feats were "1/day + an additional time for every 6 lvls the character has (Max 3)," would they be any better to choose?

marcielle
2011-10-27, 04:15 PM
Law is generally better than Chaos unless you are a lucky sonofagun.
Conversely, Luck is good if your dice hate you(but not in general)
Travel devotion is helpful against multiple or mobile enemies(eg casters and archers) but is really more for those people who have nothing to do BUT full attack.
Animal devotion gives even MORE gishy goodness to an already gishy class.
Earth is really good if your DM likes throwing massed charges at you.

But by far, the funnest I gotta say is trickery devotion. It is just flat out awesome, generally giving you twice as many actions at high levels. Not one measly attack like haste. Another full rounds worth.

Their usefullness depends on wheter your DM uses standard adventuring day(2-3 encounters) or realtime approximate. Severely less powerful in the latter but really helpful in the first. And yes, if it were once every 6 HD it would be MUCH better.

Chained Birds
2011-10-27, 06:08 PM
Law is generally better than Chaos unless you are a lucky sonofagun.
Conversely, Luck is good if your dice hate you(but not in general)
Travel devotion is helpful against multiple or mobile enemies(eg casters and archers) but is really more for those people who have nothing to do BUT full attack.
Animal devotion gives even MORE gishy goodness to an already gishy class.
Earth is really good if your DM likes throwing massed charges at you.

But by far, the funnest I gotta say is trickery devotion. It is just flat out awesome, generally giving you twice as many actions at high levels. Not one measly attack like haste. Another full rounds worth.

Their usefullness depends on wheter your DM uses standard adventuring day(2-3 encounters) or realtime approximate. Severely less powerful in the latter but really helpful in the first. And yes, if it were once every 6 HD it would be MUCH better.

Cool and btw, I am a lucky sunofagun :smallamused:.

Joking aside, Animal does seem the most versitile. Another question though, can a nightstick be used to allow devotion feat usage more than 1/day?

marcielle
2011-10-27, 06:27 PM
'Anyone who possesses the rod and is able to turn or rebuke undead gains four more uses of the ability per day.'

No.You'll need a cleric dip:smallfrown:

Chained Birds
2011-10-27, 07:12 PM
'Anyone who possesses the rod and is able to turn or rebuke undead gains four more uses of the ability per day.'

No.You'll need a cleric dip:smallfrown:

How Unfortunate...
I guess I'll just have to ask the DM if the feats can work 1/day + 1 per 6HD (Max 3). But that seems very unlikely for most DMs I've played with.

Thanks for the help.