PDA

View Full Version : To Twallan or not to Twallan...

Avilan the Grey
2011-10-27, 10:13 PM
I can't make my mind up if I prefer his story progression or not.
In theory it is great, but... anyone out there that has played with it for longer than say one or two generations of sims? I installed it just before taking a break so I never got past the first generation.

Raistlin1040
2011-10-27, 10:58 PM
What is "Twallan"?

Avilan the Grey
2011-10-28, 12:23 AM
What is "Twallan"?

Twallan's Story Progression Mod for sims 3.

Basically it gives the other sims in the world you are playing more realistic behavior such as actually apply for jobs that will lead them towards their life time goal or if they have a higher romantic relationship score with another sim than their spouse they divorce / dump them and move in with that other sim.

It also avoids taking shortcuts that the non-modded game does such as creating kids out of thin air (babies are only made if... well, two sims wants to have a baby together).

It also keeps the celebrity and vampire populations in check.

However it also changes things I am less happy about, such as the mechanics for becoming a celebrity and other things like that.

Anyway as I said I have only tried it for 1½ generations (basically until "my" kids were going to school) and I kind of liked it but I want to know how it affects the population over a longer run than that.