PDA

View Full Version : 2 handed weapon finness

pinballchico
2011-10-28, 05:49 AM
I hear there are a few 2 handed weapons that allow use of weapon finness.....I really don't want to dig through every book trying to find them...so does anyone know off the top of there head what 2 handed weapons will qualify?

Thanx

faceroll
2011-10-28, 05:59 AM
Spiked chain, elven court blade.

Heliomance
2011-10-28, 06:01 AM
Elven Courtblade is in Races of the Wild.

Golden Ladybug
2011-10-28, 06:12 AM
Spiked chain, elven court blade.

Oh Spiked Chains, is there anything you can't do?

faceroll
2011-10-28, 06:17 AM

Look cool?

BobVosh
2011-10-28, 06:17 AM

Sound like a good weapon?

The Boz
2011-10-28, 06:21 AM
Why use a two-handed weapon with weapon finesse if you can't add dexterity for damage? Is there some special tactic or rule that I don't know of?

deuxhero
2011-10-28, 06:26 AM

Make warriors grow exponentially?

Zombimode
2011-10-28, 06:31 AM
Why use a two-handed weapon with weapon finesse if you can't add dexterity for damage? Is there some special tactic or rule that I don't know of?

Two-handed weapons mostly do damage with power attack.
And if you really want to aply Dex to damage, Spiked Chain is a Shadow Hand weapon, so the Shadow Blade feat works.

faceroll
2011-10-28, 06:31 AM

You can save on MADness with low point buy by focusing on dex and using power attack to mitigate some of the lost damage. Shadow Blade feat, from ToB also lets you add dex to damage with shadow hand weapons (of which spiked chain is one).

Gwendol
2011-10-28, 06:46 AM
Besides, spiked chain wielders tend to have high(ish) dex to make good use of the reach and the combat reflexes feat.

pinballchico
2011-10-28, 06:57 AM
Mainly a Gish character.....4lvls wizard...1 crusader +3 lvls...swashbuckler in gestalt...really looking for the int to damage.....spiked chain is looking good....int + str stacked will be fun.....this dex add you talk about...will this stack with them as well? And ohh the reach....perfect for my gishiness.....so glad spiked chain is able to do this......nerdgasm

GoatBoy
2011-10-28, 07:00 AM
Power Attack with elven courtblade, take three levels of swashbuckler, then go for Champion of Corellan Larethian. Add three different stats to damage, plus PA, still be underwhelming in combat.

pinballchico
2011-10-28, 07:20 AM
dear goatboy, still no look a courtblade or corrilean______but it sounds like han solo(correlian) not gonna study any of this untill tomorrow....but I would like your "underwelming" reasoning so I can factor it in....so you can play with it...... main stream will be 6 wiz 1 crusader 1 spellsword 5 abchamp and the rest JPM...mabey some geometer thrown in....and the Gestalt side is 3 swash 5factotom 3 duelist and the rest still undecided.....quadratic classes have to be on only one side of the gestalt.....what am I missing?