PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate life form!

Mclane
2011-10-28, 07:25 AM
If you understood the title, you could probably surmise that I'm making a "Shadow the hedgehog" type character. I don't need tips on how to do this, I have pretty much all of it figured out. But I would like any helpful hints as to how I could increase my unarmed damage. My friend told me to take improved natural attack, and I will do that. My race also grants me a bonus to my unarmed damage of 1d6 fire damage, so if there are any more ways to increase my damage output without losing class levels it would be greatly appreciated. :smallbiggrin: Please and thank you!

Flickerdart
2011-10-28, 07:29 AM
The feat Superior Unarmed Strike in Tome of Battle will do one of two things, depending on if you're a Monk or not - it will either give you a better base die for unarmed attacks, or let you make unarmed attacks as a Monk five levels higher. A Monk's belt (DMG, 13000 gp) grants the latter benefit to everyone (base die of 1d8 for a non-Monk), among other things, but these two do not stack if you are a Monk - being treated as a Monk five levels higher than you actually are, and then being treated as a Monk five levels higher than you actually are is still only +5, not +10.
The best way to increase unarmed damage is stacking virtual, or real, size categories, but without spells or psionics, you will have difficulty doing this. What are your class levels?

Mclane
2011-10-28, 07:38 AM
Well, this is a backup character that wouldn't work until level 7. Also, we're Tristalt in this game, so his levels are Sorcerer 6/ Monk 6/ templates and race LA At level 7 his levels will be Sorcerer 6/ Monk 7/ templates and race LA and swiftblade. Also, I asked my DM if I could take the unarmed feat from ToB and he said "no" unfortunately. I need to be level 7 because my templates and LA add up to 7 anyway, so at level 8 I can take class levels on that side, at which point my stuff will be Sorcerer 6/ Monk 8/ templates and race LA 7/ Swiftblade 2/ Scout 1. My character is based off high speed and the ability to get in, hit and get out. My templates are lycanthrope were dire hedgehog, and haste Warped creature, so getting in and out isn't a problem. And the scout's skirmish will be a great help seeing as my character moves 18 squares in a single turn, so normal monk damage + 1d6 fire for race (Phaethon) + 1d6 for skirmish and my normal monk damage will be increased due to improved natural attack.

Zaq
2011-10-28, 09:34 AM
Take Greater Mighty Wallop as a spell known. It's from Races of the Dragon. If that doesn't make you happy with your unarmed damage dice, you're just greedy.

marcielle
2011-10-28, 11:35 AM
Why Lycan instead of anthro? A crunch thing?

nyarlathotep
2011-10-28, 11:44 AM
If you're able to stack a lot of size boosters (like seriously a lot of them) a heavy gauntlet might be worth the proficiency investment to boost your unarmed strike by another die size.