PDA

View Full Version : Gunslinging Alchemist and new Discoveries (PF)

panaikhan
2011-10-28, 07:43 AM
Hi.
I'm looking at taking Gunslinger levels for my Alchemist, and I was wondering if it could be possible to develop new Discoveries to take advantage of the two classes?
Ones that have crossed my mind:
A Discovery that lets you load your firearm with a 'bomb', possibly giving you a greater range category, or a more effective 'dragonbreath' round.
A Discovery that develops small tentacles that load weapons for you.

Obviously, I'm asking the forum for ideas, and balance issues to combining these two classes.

NimbleNZ
2011-10-28, 07:53 AM
i know absolutely nothing about either alchemy or gunslinging, but here's a bump beacuse it sounds intersting (and someone out there WILL know).

good luck :smallbiggrin:

NimbleNZ

Larpus
2011-10-28, 08:16 AM
Well, to be perfectly honest I'd ask my DM for the Explosive Missile Discovery to not require an standard action...hell, if you want to throw multiple bombs /round you already need another Discovery, to me it seems poorly designed (to be honest, just like everything in UC regarding guns that isn't Gunslinger itself).

The Tentacle/Vestigial Arm discovery can already do that, they don't give you extra actions, but it's not an extra action to reload your weapons, all its needed is a free appendage, which you now have.

Anyway, yes, I'm all out for developing new Discoveries for more interaction with other classes.

Maybe something that allows you to use character level to determine bomb damage and Discovery availability. Or to forgo the d10 hit die, extra feats and maybe couple other things from the Gunslinger and be able to gain spellcasting, Discoveries and everything (except class features) with Gunslinger levels.

One that allows you to apply bomb alterations to ammo (but without splash effect).

Maybe one that allows you to mix alchemical items and ammo together to create bullets of Acid (trippy), Tanglefoot, etc (though this would fit better as a feat).

A Discovery that turns your hands into firearms while under the effects of Mutagen, similar to Feral Mutagen (and that also allows you to qualify for Master Chymist), advantage is to always be armed, produce normal ammo at no cost (normal rules for reloading) and no chance to break even on a 1, downside is that you need Amulet of Mighty Fists to enchant it.

That's all I can think for now...