PDA

View Full Version : Familiars with at-will SLAs

Morph Bark
2011-10-28, 04:50 PM
The Imp has at-will invisibility. What other possible familiar creatures have at-will SLAs? Specifically, the idea here is to combine it with a Spellthief of course, so the higher-level the spell used for the spell-like ability, the better.

gbprime
2011-10-28, 04:57 PM
I'm partial to the Shocker Lizard, myself. Especially if you can Shapechange into a Shambling Mound. :smalleek:

Morph Bark
2011-10-28, 05:56 PM
Shocker lizards don't get any SLAs, so they are amongst the most useless familiars possible for my purposes.

NeoSeraphi
2011-10-28, 06:00 PM
The quasit has the same SLAs as an imp, except it has cause fear instead of suggestion. (Obviously the imp is the superior choice mechanics-wise, but fluff-wise you might prefer demons, or maybe you just would rather play a Chaotic Evil spellthief than a Lawful Evil one.

Aegis013
2011-10-28, 06:28 PM
Eladrin Coure pg 168 of the BoED
At will - Dancing Lights, Detect evil, detect magic, faerie fire
3/day - magic missile and sleep.

Lots of other benefits too.

Runestar
2011-10-28, 07:06 PM
Lantern archon has persistent magic circle, plus greater teleport (self), aid, detect evil and continual flame useable at-will. It is a familiar option for good characters in BOED, IIRC. :smallbiggrin:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-10-28, 07:23 PM
Lantern archon has persistent magic circle, plus greater teleport (self), aid, detect evil and continual flame useable at-will. It is a familiar option for good characters in BOED, IIRC. :smallbiggrin:

You forgot the most important thing!

LAZORS!!!

And the second most important thing!

"Hey listen! Hey listen!"

Morph Bark
2011-10-28, 07:32 PM
Sadly a lantern archon's greater teleport is an Su ability. :/

Coure Eladrin sounds good too as it also has a 2nd-level spell as an SLA.