PDA

View Full Version : regarding relics from the MIC

Kol Korran
2011-10-29, 03:50 AM
i like the idea of some, but i quite dislike the need to sacrifice a feat. i also can't quite understand comparing the sacrifice of a feat to the sacrifice of a spell slot (which is usually more expendable, and different spell levels are of different values while a feat is always a feat)

so i was looking for various methods of dealing with this. if possible, i'd like these to be special magical item not directly related to a god (so not to force people to worship one if they don't want to). my questions are therefor:

- are there "variant prices" to the powers of relics?

- if there is or isn't, is there any formula (homebrew or otherwise) that can convert the feat/ spell slot price to gold pieces perhaps? yo make it a "regular" magic item?

- are there any more such relics in more books?

Aharon
2011-10-29, 08:47 AM
the easy ones:
a) No, there aren't any variant prices I know of.
c) I think Complete Divine has relics too, but since it appeared earlier, chances are those in the MIC are updated versions of the CD ones.

as to b), I have no idea. A starting point might be looking at the gp cost of magical locations that grant feats. Some of them have a very good price/effect ratio, so you might want to put the gp cost higher (Example: Metamagic Storm grants one metamagic bonus feat for one year and costs 5000 gp).

nyarlathotep
2011-10-29, 12:48 PM
Boots of the Unending Journey aren't bad for the cost, immunity to fatigue, exhaust, and trackless step for 4k gold and a feat. Arguably it qualifies you for prestige classes that would otherwise require a rangers or druid dip.