PDA

View Full Version : Any Reedies or Lewis and Clark students here?

Egiam
2011-10-29, 08:46 PM
Hey all. I am reaching the end of my highschool career, and am currently doing some college shopping. I have recently become somewhat enamored with the idea of applying to Reed or Lewis and Clark college.

I am continually surprised by the diversity of members we have on this forum. By any chance are any of you Reed or L&C students/alumni?

faceroll
2011-10-31, 01:18 PM
My sister went to Lewis & Clark. I hear the smoke a lot of marijuana there. Beautiful campus.

H Birchgrove
2011-10-31, 01:41 PM
I know who Lewis and Clark were, but I keep reading it as "Louis and Clark". :smallbiggrin:

Savannah
2011-10-31, 11:13 PM
While I didn't go to either one, I looked at least briefly at both. Reed is known for major drug problems, although I don't know if they've done anything about that since I was looking at it (3-4 years ago). I toured Lewis and Clark and found them too snooty for my tastes, and appallingly poorly organized to boot. That all being said, you should visit any schools you're considering yourself, as I find that's the best way to get a feel for them.

veven
2011-11-02, 04:42 PM
I have friends at Lewis and Clark who love it there! I've only been to the campus a couple times but it is beautiful, as faceroll said.

You would also get to live in Portland, which is where I grew up and attend school now. It's an awesome city.

faceroll
2011-11-03, 08:00 AM
Yeah, I hear Portland is a really cool place. A little rainy, but what I've seen of it, really gorgeous.

Moff Chumley
2011-11-03, 09:31 AM
My sister went to Lewis & Clark. I hear the smoke a lot of marijuana there. Beautiful campus.

Liberal arts school in Portland.

...what where you expecting? :smalltongue:

I have a good friend who did the whole "elite liberal arts school" circuit, which included Reed, and a half a dozen other schools. Compared to, say, The New School or Sara Lawrence, or any public school in Northern California, Reed's minor league. Relatively speaking.

ShortOne
2011-11-03, 05:42 PM
I hear from my Portlandaise, job-hunting friends that Portland lacks jobs.